USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hi all !
Did anyone watch the wedding this morning?
It was beautiful, simple and elegant. :)
I love how everyone guessed wrong about her dress. :biggrin:

How is everybody?
I am very busy here and will be for at least another month or so.

I'm heartbroken about your little dog.
I'm praying for you Gallantwarrior, for your dog to have a safe return to your home.
Sadly several neighbor's here have lost their dogs not too long ago, to some type of big predator like a mountain lion.

I made oat scones with currants this am. mr. boe has certified they are the best batch every. At the risk of sounding immodest, I must concur.

One of the best simple pleasures in life is a fresh baked thing right out of the oven.

I don't know that I've ever had currants. Are they like grapes/raisins, or very different?

Hi all !

How is everybody?

I'm praying for you Gallantwarrior, for your dog to have a safe return to your home.
Sadly several neighbor's here have lost their dogs not too long ago, to some type of big predator like a mountain lion.

Not sure it was simple. Seems like there are a million rules and protocols to follow. Hopefully they can lead a happy quiet life.

Hi all !

How is everybody?

Not sure it was simple. Seems like there are a million rules and protocols to follow. Hopefully they can lead a happy quiet life.

I totally agree on that also. :)
What I meant by simple, was her gown and the flower arrangements. Things like that, rather than a big poufy gown like Diana's was.

There is absolutely nothing on television I want to watch today. So I am listening to Beethoven's ninth symphony.
You have to sit listening to such music to appreciate it, it cannot be appreciated if you just have it as background music while doing other things.

A beautiful morning in Albuquerque--it will only get into the low 80's today if that and that is most pleasant this time of year. My recently planted tomato plants and the marigolds to 'protect' them are doing well in the back yard. I do need to find some tomato stakes and soon though.

I'm now going to bake my very yummy (I hope) lemon cake for dessert today for our weekly lunch & movie with Dana and Aunt Betty. The menu today is our house specialty open faced enchiladas. Quick, easy, tasty, with almost no clean up required.

Life is good today.

Mr. P's bike riding buddy are out and about having lots of fun today.
His buddy had his motorcycle converted into a trike and he just got it back early this morning.
It's an absolutely gorgeous day for them to enjoy.

Hi all !

How is everybody?

I slept through the wedding yesterday morning but did see the clips on coverage of it all during the day. Looks like they had wonderful weather and it was a classy but fun and joyous event. Prince Harry isn't so confined to the strict protocol that Prince William is as William will be an heir to the throne in time to be succeeded by his own son which leaves Harry pretty much out of the loop. But they did hold to the royal wedding traditions for the most part.

And I agree that Meghan's dress was simple but beautiful and elegant:

Royal_Wedding.jpg

But Kate's wedding dress was also quite beautiful without being ostentatious:
the-royal-wedding-prince-william-and-catherine-middleton_2048x1390_90796.jpg

It is interesting that Kate and Meghan could be sisters. :)

And compare to Prince Charles and DIana's wedding:
prince-charles-and-princess-diana-wedding.jpg

Last edited:
The Gift of Gab, as my paternal Grandfather used to say, is endemic in my family. I've been tapping out my random thoughts and reminiscences here for a few years. Some of you will be happy to learn that I am cataloging my musings after seeking out a publisher. More on that at a later time.

Meanwhile I thought you might enjoy some of Mom's poetry. Offered here without permission, I give you a couple of my favorites.

RECALLING

in my mind I'm running as I walk along the familiar street. The street of my youth where I raced, jumping up to slap at the striped awnings over the store windows.

Running, running, grabbing poles and spinning around, retracing the hopscotch pattern chalked on the pavement.

Running, running, dodging old ladies carrying packages in their arms.

In my mind I'm running, recalling as I slowly walk down the street carrying packages in my arms.

AWARD NIGHT

Carefully I chose a gown, it had to be just right. For that was to be my moment, my award would be that night.

The affair was to be very classy and all the big wigs would be there to see me in the spotlight and the designer gown I would wear.

I climbed the steps to the podium passed the people I hardly knew. My head held high and confident while dragging toilet paper from my shoe.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
For gallantwarrior's fur friend

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

And on May 21 in 685 was the Battle of Nechtansmere/Dun Nechtain. In that battle, the Picts beat the Northumbrians. This will be on the test and yes, spelling will count.
Pictish_Stone_at_Aberlemno_Church_Yard_-_Battle_Scene_Detail.jpg

Forum List

Back