USMB Coffee Shop IV

The medications are helping but in sense hurting, the Albuterol inhaler is a stimulant and I only had one and a half hours sleep last night. Granted I did take a three hour nap this morning after dropping off the wife.
Was still having some coughing fits and resultant faintness but I seem to be breathing much better today and I can't do much without become quickly fatigued. Resting right now after making German potato salad.

On a more serious note, the severity of the illness at my age also put a serious subject in immediate perspective and that is preparing for the inevitable moment when we are no long here. The wife and I are blessed in that we don't have to buy a burial plot, she can be buried with me in any VA cemetery of our choosing so all that's left is the actual funeral arrangements which the VA will refund up to $1500. We can go with something like the Neptune Society (like my parents did - cremation) or go even cheaper with me building our own simple pine or plywood caskets or go really traditional and build a coffin. In either instance all the funeral home is for is to transport the body or have a service if one is desired. The cheapest way to go is being buried in a shroud but not all cemeteries allow it, look for "green" cemeteries.
Oh and don't let funeral homes lie and tell you it's law that you have to be embalmed, it's not and you don't.

I know it might seem a little morbid for some but If you haven't done this then don't put it off, costs are increasing yearly, at least start doing some research.

I have saved a bag of gold sovereigns to pay for my funeral. Gold should go up in value to keep pace with inflation. I have left my sister a letter telling her I don't want a church service. Just a brief ceremony at the crematorium. As for leaving my body to science I have said I don't want some bastard asking for my brain.
They might think they can find out what made me tick from cutting it up, but I believe consciousness is caused by the immortal spirit . I have been humoured by psychiatrists for my beliefs, and I don't want them to get my brain.
I figure I'm not going to need the stuff any longer and if some one else can get any mileage out of it, good luck.

The medications are helping but in sense hurting, the Albuterol inhaler is a stimulant and I only had one and a half hours sleep last night. Granted I did take a three hour nap this morning after dropping off the wife.
Was still having some coughing fits and resultant faintness but I seem to be breathing much better today and I can't do much without become quickly fatigued. Resting right now after making German potato salad.

On a more serious note, the severity of the illness at my age also put a serious subject in immediate perspective and that is preparing for the inevitable moment when we are no long here. The wife and I are blessed in that we don't have to buy a burial plot, she can be buried with me in any VA cemetery of our choosing so all that's left is the actual funeral arrangements which the VA will refund up to $1500. We can go with something like the Neptune Society (like my parents did - cremation) or go even cheaper with me building our own simple pine or plywood caskets or go really traditional and build a coffin. In either instance all the funeral home is for is to transport the body or have a service if one is desired. The cheapest way to go is being buried in a shroud but not all cemeteries allow it, look for "green" cemeteries.
Oh and don't let funeral homes lie and tell you it's law that you have to be embalmed, it's not and you don't.

I know it might seem a little morbid for some but If you haven't done this then don't put it off, costs are increasing yearly, at least start doing some research.

I have saved a bag of gold sovereigns to pay for my funeral. Gold should go up in value to keep pace with inflation. I have left my sister a letter telling her I don't want a church service. Just a brief ceremony at the crematorium. As for leaving my body to science I have said I don't want some bastard asking for my brain.
They might think they can find out what made me tick from cutting it up, but I believe consciousness is caused by the immortal spirit . I have been humoured by psychiatrists for my beliefs, and I don't want them to get my brain.
I figure I'm not going to need the stuff any longer and if some one else can get any mileage out of it, good luck.
I'm just afraid that when I die I'll be made a Reaper........... :lol:

Just dropped by to say "hello", so :hhello:

wallpaper-9645743-4-8948608.jpg

Hey ((((beautress))) and welcome home. Gracie already blew your cover and I can't tell you how happy I am and I am sure many others are to have you back with us. Hope all is well with you and you won't be a stranger here in the Coffee Shop.

When he had THIS- paradise to go home to? no wonder he got the hell out of dodge huh?:abgg2q.jpg:

19253153836_755691d718_b.jpg

beautiful-california-inspiration-la-Favim.com-698783.jpg

10468008_10152227286170981_1405492854074756648_o.jpg

26114330_10154886754080981_1050156530231760031_o.jpg

los-angeles-rams-game-coliseum.jpg

Hello LA Ram Fan and welcome to the Coffee Shop. We're happy you found us. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about here and then drag up a bar stool and make yourself at home. First timers here receive a complimentary beverage so help yourself:

399885.jpg

Hello.

Now go away.......

:banana:

:26:

:04:
I bet you say that to all the girls when confronted with a big watermelon bucket chock full of b-vitamins and anticarcinogens. :lmao:
Now show up with a half pound greasy bacon cheeseburger, a pound of boardwalk fries (with malt vinegar) and a cold (open) bottle of Sam Smith's Pale Ale and I might let you stay and clean the house........

:scared1:

Wow, GW...I am so proud of you! And I wish the best for you too! One day at a time, hon!
Thanks, Gracie. How've you been? Are the seasons changing much where you are?
Still hotter than hell here. Supposed to rain Monday but then a few days later, back into the 90's again. I LOATHE hot weather like this.
Meanwhile...been working hard here. Got the back yard cleared of foxtails and other nasty weedy dead shit, built a bamboo lean-to, and in general have been working harder here than I was over at the other place. At least I am not bored. But, I will be sad to leave my soon-to-be-garden although glad to be back at the beach...IF it ever happens.

Wow, GW...I am so proud of you! And I wish the best for you too! One day at a time, hon!
Thanks, Gracie. How've you been? Are the seasons changing much where you are?
Still hotter than hell here. Supposed to rain Monday but then a few days later, back into the 90's again. I LOATHE hot weather like this.
Meanwhile...been working hard here. Got the back yard cleared of foxtails and other nasty weedy dead shit, built a bamboo lean-to, and in general have been working harder here than I was over at the other place. At least I am not bored. But, I will be sad to leave my soon-to-be-garden although glad to be back at the beach...IF it ever happens.

We're finally getting a little bit cooler, with highs only in the low 80s this week, instead of the low 90s. Of course, now that the weather looks like it will start to turn toward fall, I finally got my car's AC working. :lol:

Busy can be better than bored, especially if the business involves making the place more how you like it. :)

Good morning everybody. I'm off to Kohl's to buy a gift for my Aunt Betty's 92nd birthday tomorrow and then to the grocery store for the makings of the Italian dinner she has requested for her birthday dinner though it will actually be lunch.

Saturday-Funny-Pictures.jpg

Comfort food dinner tonight. Made a broccoli, chicken, cheddar cheese, rice casserole.......... It was delicious.

Simple recipe:
Diced cooked chicken (I used half a leftover store bought rotisserie chicken and one leftover individual breast from a previous meal)
1 10.8 oz bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt ad pepper to taste
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can broccoli cheddar soup
1 emptied soup can filled with water
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Pe-heat oven for 350 degrees, mix all the above ingredients and place in a large casserole dish, bake for 40 minutes. :thup:

Later this week I'm looking at making a chicken, spinach, feta bake either that or a chicken with apple and cranberry "stir fry".

Comfort food dinner tonight. Made a broccoli, chicken, cheddar cheese, rice casserole.......... It was delicious.

Simple recipe:
Diced cooked chicken (I used half a leftover store bought rotisserie chicken and one leftover individual breast from a previous meal)
2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt ad pepper to taste
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom
1/4 cup sour cream

Pe-heat oven for 350 degrees, mix all the above ingredients and place in a large casserole dish, bake for 40 minutes. :thup:

Later this week I'm looking at making a chicken, spinach, feta bake either that or a chicken with apple and cranberry "stir fry".

I had broccoli and chicken, too...

Of course, I had frozen broccoli which I microwaved in a bowl with a little water, and the chicken was in a chicken pot pie I also microwaved. :lol:

Simple recipe:
2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt ad pepper to taste
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom
1/4 cup sour cream

Of course, I had frozen broccoli which I microwaved in a bowl with a little water, and the chicken was in a chicken pot pie I also microwaved. :lol:
Hopefully it was a Marie Callender's........... :D

Simple recipe:
2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt ad pepper to taste
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom
1/4 cup sour cream

LOL, nope! Banquet. :p

And now most of us are wavering between summer and autumn. That is how it is in Albuquerque--still more summer than autumn but hinting loudly that it is supposed to be autumn these days.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition and wellness for Ringel

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away for awhile can find their way back. And rejoice whenever somebody does!!!!

Between summer and autumn:
4096989411_6313837f13_z.jpg

Simple recipe:
2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt ad pepper to taste
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom
1/4 cup sour cream

Well then never have a Marie's, you'll never eat Banquet ever again..........

Simple recipe:
2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt ad pepper to taste
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom
1/4 cup sour cream

Well then never have a Marie's, you'll never eat Banquet ever again..........
Ah, you skinny men! If you had us girls' hormones, you would drop your teeth if you knew that Marie furnishes 820 calories (perfect for a he-man) whereas Banquet furnishes 240 calories. (Fat Secret sez so and so does My Fitness Pal. I don't think I can use linking privileges for another day or two.) And that's no guarantee. If we have girl stress about anything, our bodies turn oxygen into calories, I think. What was I thinking when I got here the other day? I wannabe freedombecki again, but I blithely used a different family name than my 72-year-old nickname, which was bestowed upon me in the cradle and is nowhere on my birth certificate. It was okay until the age of computers started. :cranky:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back