USMB Coffee Shop IV

Note to self, no more grand slam specials.......... ever!!!!!

The carb load is outrageous, three hours later and my stomach is still distended and uncomfortably full.

Don't know what to say, Ringel, that doesn't sound fatuous.
:eusa_eh:

Sorry, you lost me. I have no idea what this is in response to. :dunno:

Posters expressing sympathy for you and your wife. Her upcoming biopsy.
It's not fatuous here in the CS, now if it were the FZ that might be another story........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

Ringel,

I'm truly sorry for everything you and your wife are going through. :thup:

Damma Yamma ! I was trying to paint some pictures using Windows 10 paint program, but it is very limited compared with the Metacreations painter 5.5. So I loaded that program onto my windows 10 computer, but the stupid things says. Not enough memory to run the program. That's a bloody lie, and a nuisance. Because it means I will have to use an old windows 98 computer which will run painter 5. It is so much better than paint its another world, but my old computer is not as smooth to use, has a smaller screen, and the mouse pointer sticks.

I'm sure that's really frustrating but I wouldn't know how to use either. :)

I wanted to get it working on my new computer, because its a far superior computer, but the software seems too old to work on windows 10. I found it on two of my old computers though, and I will have to work on them.

I looked on the internet to see if I could buy a copy that runs on windows 10 but the software seems to be obsolete. They do not appear to have updated it, which is a shame because it is far superior to the paint prog that comes with windows 10.

The idea of using it was that I could work out some pictures on the computer, before painting them on canvas.

Last edited:
Damma Yamma ! I was trying to paint some pictures using Windows 10 paint program, but it is very limited compared with the Metacreations painter 5.5. So I loaded that program onto my windows 10 computer, but the stupid things says. Not enough memory to run the program. That's a bloody lie, and a nuisance. Because it means I will have to use an old windows 98 computer which will run painter 5. It is so much better than paint its another world, but my old computer is not as smooth to use, has a smaller screen, and the mouse pointer sticks.

I wanted to get it working on my new computer, because its a far superior computer, but the software seems too old to work on windows 10. I found it on two of my old computers though, and I will have to work on them.

I looked on the internet to see if I could buy a copy that runs on windows 10 but the software seems to be obsolete. They do not appear to have updated it, which is a shame because it is far superior to the paint prog that comes with windows 10.

The idea of using it was that I could work out some pictures on the computer, before painting them on canvas.

I've run into similar problems with some of my favorite games over the years. What would run on XP or even Windows 7 or 8 will not run on Windows 10. And so far they haven't updated the software so that it will. And that too is frustrating.

Here's some free ones.

The best free painting software 2018 | TechRadar

GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Draw Freely | Inkscape

Here's some free ones.

Draw Freely | Inkscape

It looks really interesting. . .BUT. . .I am really squeamish about freeware unless I know it is free of spyware, etc. Being as untechy as I am makes me extra cautious. Have you used these program?

Here's some free ones.

Draw Freely | Inkscape

It looks really interesting. . .BUT. . .I am really squeamish about freeware unless I know it is free of spyware, etc. Being as untechy as I am makes me extra cautious. Have you used these program?
I've used Inkscape and Gimp (both originally made for Linux) however TechRadar does "promote" specific products, doesn't mean those products are bad but that they may not be the best available. Microsoft has more built in spyware than most freeware and what you really need to watch for with freeware are add-ons, additional software (like Norton, etc) that pays the freeware developers to add. That's why one should never do an automatic install of anything, always select 'Custom Install' to unselect those items you don't want.
If you've ever done an Adobe Flash Player update (and I hope you have) they frequently offer McAfee already pre-selected for download and installation, I always un-select.

Here's Digital Trends recommendations. Inkscape is listed as the best.

Need a free alternative to Adobe Illustrator? Here are our favorites

Here's some free ones.

Draw Freely | Inkscape

I've used Inkscape and Gimp (both originally made for Linux) however TechRadar does "promote" specific products, doesn't mean those products are bad but that they may not be the best available. Microsoft has more built in spyware than most freeware and what you really need to watch for with freeware are add-ons, additional software (like Norton, etc) that pays the freeware developers to add. That's why one should never do an automatic install of anything, always select 'Custom Install' to unselect those items you don't want.
If you've ever done an Adobe Flash Player update (and I hope you have) they frequently offer McAfee already pre-selected for download and installation, I always un-select.

Here's Digital Trends recommendations. Inkscape is listed as the best.

Need a free alternative to Adobe Illustrator? Here are our favorites
Here's Microsoft's picks......

10 best painting apps for Windows 10

I might have to try one sometime. I do some artistic stuff from time to time such as making custom cards for folks and being able to do my own design would be great.

Hey Ya'll. What do you think of this for your Thanksgiving entree?

46479949_1142995555858919_1716276696782471168_n.jpg

I might have to try one sometime. I do some artistic stuff from time to time such as making custom cards for folks and being able to do my own design would be great.
They all should have tutorials for anything from simple/basic to more advanced applications. Many are on You Tube.

We're actually gonna do a turkey this year. Bought the smallest one I could find yesterday and it's been thawing since yesterday afternoon........ Sausage dressing, smashed taters, turkey gravy and regular green beans with dinner rolls. :thup:

We're actually gonna do a turkey this year. Bought the smallest one I could find yesterday and it's been thawing since yesterday afternoon........ Sausage dressing, smashed taters, turkey gravy and regular green beans with dinner rolls. :thup:

I'm doing the turkey at our house too. And when all the sides arrive it will be served with my cornbread dressing and homemade cranberry sauce plus sweet potatoes, green beans almadine, pinon dressing, some sort of jello salad, and pumpkin pie.

All that and I am at the age I gain weight just by breathing. :(

I'm doing the turkey at our house too. And when all the sides arrive it will be served with my cornbread dressing and homemade cranberry sauce plus sweet potatoes, green beans almadine, pinon dressing, some sort of jello salad, and pumpkin pie.

Most likely we'll eat very little and have a lot of leftovers. I'll probably make tetrazzini and turkey pot pie maybe even turkey croquettes. It'll last for a while.

Most likely we'll eat very little and have a lot of leftovers. I'll probably make tetrazzini and turkey pot pie maybe even turkey croquettes. It'll last for a while.

I send as many leftovers as possible home with whoever shows up here to eat. I want the minimum amount for Hombre and me--no more than we will likely eat--because I hate to throw out food.

I send as many leftovers as possible home with whoever shows up here to eat. I want the minimum amount for Hombre and me--no more than we will likely eat--because I hate to throw out food.
I have no one to send it home with so I end up freezing half of it that way it lasts much longer.

I plan on eating a normal breakfast, then having pumpkin pie and egg nog for dinner. :p

Normally I don't have anything to say, so I post interesting pictures I find on twitter, but today I have news.

A few days ago I had a vivid dream in which I started a new painting. It was a picture of a flock of parrots landing in a tree, and I was working on the underpainting and I can remember what it looked like. All the time I was painting I was saying to myself. " I can do it" and " I am not dead yet".
Usually whenever I think of painting I find loads of reasons why not to bother. The main one being I think most of my stuff was third rate. Also the last painting I attempted ended in failure. I photographed it and posted them in the Arts section of this forum. I was disillusioned by the failure and have not painted since.
In the dream I had answers for all the negative reasons why I could not paint and I thought it might be the spirit world inspiring me through a dream. I know they have inspired me to do paintings in the past because more than one spiritualist medium has told me so.
The long and the short of it is I rang up an art shop today and ordered some canvases for tomorrow. So I have committed myself to getting canvases, and hopefully when I get them I will do some new pictures.
Oh, Dajjal! What you've posted here has always been top drawer. My dad was a math teacher, and his favorite saying was you cannot possibly learn anything without making a mistake first. He considered 'failures' as potential springboards for future wins. Because now, you know what you don't like, and you won't do that one again. You'll do something so awesome even your worst critics will like it. You go, guy!!!

Forum List

Back