USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just a few minutes ago in the field behind the house.

K_12vS4aK_g-2zvfS0DSL00QHrZIHVtPkSYgNRlmWpRUqum40N4dJBoRCBe8olsLBFWkkS8rE2v4RYoBJn1DoOqHlKTiOjU3i2QtaWvvfHLEFAO1b4PNORvDyyq_c2errJngfG45ebrXMf3R2LF7qMEVRn4GQHg4v7P50N5SVDaU-ryp_ThF_C0WbTQsQoQQrPPtV4p0jsLuDm97hQwnhHNDxKnbT6wAUEE3tjdhWws_uw_OLYruA0hxLBgkIM577PrxL--l3E6kpq5t5y4AWzXGquTxJRLP__WdZHYmD9w_1g3s5PLWI7R3wkhlCDEqIlNPEuVKxmlvMqJUDRThdpWePSG90HmLKT7Nly5-3Aoomdhax9R1oAlhq42jGMxAXsqaL0JyYoRLBcdVYEyasoEB3MNcrheliAgqldzmqqh1-cD7RFJOMV6sS5yOtGACLpBO6a6qUd_jknXJFc_Cd4R8LhI1x-xy70MCZJcDxr4hteObeby8Vgafx0Fr3VURnFR-xoU6fBpScNst5MEj7-O_NvAduK9gpfq1DYz_xcgBH_Lul59poCzLiQ3UDTf_Q9pYrKJhIXxKmU9vKl580C3AiX-tkD0xo4f_9PqJ7Jw02llZ159MpDH4wo01vq1WGXFR8a4RPuEYuAVeZzP8HRL4Sfvsnm8=w1363-h912-no

Are those goats?
Pronghorn antelope. We have a couple of herds here on the west side of town. They have excellent eyesight and can run up to 60 mph.........

All I knew was they weren't deer. :lol:

K_12vS4aK_g-2zvfS0DSL00QHrZIHVtPkSYgNRlmWpRUqum40N4dJBoRCBe8olsLBFWkkS8rE2v4RYoBJn1DoOqHlKTiOjU3i2QtaWvvfHLEFAO1b4PNORvDyyq_c2errJngfG45ebrXMf3R2LF7qMEVRn4GQHg4v7P50N5SVDaU-ryp_ThF_C0WbTQsQoQQrPPtV4p0jsLuDm97hQwnhHNDxKnbT6wAUEE3tjdhWws_uw_OLYruA0hxLBgkIM577PrxL--l3E6kpq5t5y4AWzXGquTxJRLP__WdZHYmD9w_1g3s5PLWI7R3wkhlCDEqIlNPEuVKxmlvMqJUDRThdpWePSG90HmLKT7Nly5-3Aoomdhax9R1oAlhq42jGMxAXsqaL0JyYoRLBcdVYEyasoEB3MNcrheliAgqldzmqqh1-cD7RFJOMV6sS5yOtGACLpBO6a6qUd_jknXJFc_Cd4R8LhI1x-xy70MCZJcDxr4hteObeby8Vgafx0Fr3VURnFR-xoU6fBpScNst5MEj7-O_NvAduK9gpfq1DYz_xcgBH_Lul59poCzLiQ3UDTf_Q9pYrKJhIXxKmU9vKl580C3AiX-tkD0xo4f_9PqJ7Jw02llZ159MpDH4wo01vq1WGXFR8a4RPuEYuAVeZzP8HRL4Sfvsnm8=w1363-h912-no

Are those goats?

When the legislature was establishing what would be the state animal of New Mexico, there was a vigorous debate between the prong horn antelope and our native black bear. The bear won out, but I still wonder if they got it right.

Bear or antelope?! Of course you choose the bear! ;)
Gee, why would you say that.......? :eusa_whistle:

Some years back when Hombre and I were still running our business full steam, we were awarded a contract to look at all the State Farm rural properties in New Mexico. Hombre was still working as an full time adjuster so he could only help intermittantly so it took us several weeks but we got them all looked at. In the Roswell area, I was working alone and spent a couple of days northwest where the alien spaceship crashed. You almost always see some pronghorn along the major highways, but once I was out on those rural roads I had to go pretty slow on the gravel but actually slowed down more to avoid hitting one as there were herds of them everywhere. It was wonderful.
Not to mention the fall "love" migration of male tarantulas......... :lol:

Yes those happen pretty much all over New Mexico including thousands of them crossing N-14 near where we lived on the mountain. I have pulled my car over to watch them in fascination. It is amazing how many will swerve their car to avoid hitting a spider. :)

Are those goats?

When the legislature was establishing what would be the state animal of New Mexico, there was a vigorous debate between the prong horn antelope and our native black bear. The bear won out, but I still wonder if they got it right.

I suppose but I don't fear encountering an antelope which they pretty much make sure doesn't happen. An elk in an open field or a rutting white tail maybe, but not an antelope. I give the bears an extra wide berth. :)

Yeah that was streamed to my news feed awhile ago. They still think it most likely was a suicide though and not a terrorist act or anything like that. But who knows. Maybe a terrorist pulled the cord accidentally before he made it inside or something. if I was a terrorist I sure would have picked a spot more likely to be heavily populated than that shopping area though.

Yeah that was streamed to my news feed awhile ago. They still think it most likely was a suicide though and not a terrorist act or anything like that. But who knows. Maybe a terrorist pulled the cord accidentally before he made it inside or something. if I was a terrorist I sure would have picked a spot more likely to be heavily populated than that shopping area though.

I've just read about an improvised device.

Are those goats?

I suppose but I don't fear encountering an antelope which they pretty much make sure doesn't happen. An elk in an open field or a rutting white tail maybe, but not an antelope. I give the bears an extra wide berth. :)
Apparently hunting antelope can be very challenging. Two were right outside my gate till I opened the gate and stepped out, they didn't run but they did move away fairly quickly while watching me the whole time. If the whole herd was there I would not have stepped out of the gate, yesterday two bucks were chasing other younger bucks around I guess just to let them know who's boss. I'm not about to be taken as a possible rival threat by a dominant male though I'm not sure that is their behavior towards humans.
Also pronghorns (Antilocapra americana) are not antelopes even though that's what we call them, they have no close relatives anywhere in the world they only exist here in North America.

In other news.....hubs continues to decline and needing more & more help to do even the simplest tasks. Loss of appetite and bodily functions as his body slowly shuts down and just about the time it's agreed that he can't last much longer......he does, and perks up a bit.

In the last week, he has cut his oxygen hose(s) again, saying they were old. We had changed them out 3 times that day alone and twice again 2 days before that. Another day I guess he was cold and took a heat gun into the bathroom to warm the toilet seat....it now has little pock marks......and a burn mark on the floor...and all the while the faucet was running. And he can't or won't give an explanation.
Oh and one day I caught him going out the front door....he was going to the garage with the heat gun. 'Hurry and get in here so we can get warmed up'. I had #3 go out to keep an eye on him, while I brought in some more wood & started a fire. Got him back in the house to warm by the stove.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate doing laundry????? Well, I do. And I've done more laundry in this last week, than I'd normally do in a month :eek-52:

OK, enough with the whining for today...….carry on :redface:

Is this your husband?

I've had some revelations this past year about what some people have to put up with.

Yes, it's my husband. According to the hospice nurse most lung cancer patients (possibly others as well) go thru similar stages as their body transitions into the actively dying stage. He's not following the same map I guess, atleast outwardly. It's not as common for this sporadic dementia, but that could be from the cancer having metastasized to the brain or he may have been prone to it anyway, or it could be the meds he's been on. Nobody knows for sure. He is 57
Last Friday the nurse had changed one of his meds that was supposed to help with the agitation, hallucinations & dementia......it was supposed to calm him down and sleep....instead it worked just the opposite. Today the nurse put him back on the old med and has been sleeping ever since.

Yes, we all would prefer to be home with our family & friends and in comfortable surroundings in our last days......but after having taken care of my mother and now hubs, I think I'd rather be in a home to save my family from the stress

In other news.....hubs continues to decline and needing more & more help to do even the simplest tasks. Loss of appetite and bodily functions as his body slowly shuts down and just about the time it's agreed that he can't last much longer......he does, and perks up a bit.

In the last week, he has cut his oxygen hose(s) again, saying they were old. We had changed them out 3 times that day alone and twice again 2 days before that. Another day I guess he was cold and took a heat gun into the bathroom to warm the toilet seat....it now has little pock marks......and a burn mark on the floor...and all the while the faucet was running. And he can't or won't give an explanation.
Oh and one day I caught him going out the front door....he was going to the garage with the heat gun. 'Hurry and get in here so we can get warmed up'. I had #3 go out to keep an eye on him, while I brought in some more wood & started a fire. Got him back in the house to warm by the stove.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate doing laundry????? Well, I do. And I've done more laundry in this last week, than I'd normally do in a month :eek-52:

Oh, JAN! How sad that you share a lingering decline of someone you love and who has loved you, probably still does even though he's locked in the cage of his deteriorating body. All the best vibes your way. Stay strong, we all love you here in the USMB CS.

Thank you GW......y'all have grown on me too :11:

Oh, JAN! How sad that you share a lingering decline of someone you love and who has loved you, probably still does even though he's locked in the cage of his deteriorating body. All the best vibes your way. Stay strong, we all love you here in the USMB CS.

Like warts or mold?

Like warts or mold?

moldy warts?

Is this your husband?

I've had some revelations this past year about what some people have to put up with.

Yes, it's my husband. According to the hospice nurse most lung cancer patients (possibly others as well) go thru similar stages as their body transitions into the actively dying stage. He's not following the same map I guess, atleast outwardly. It's not as common for this sporadic dementia, but that could be from the cancer having metastasized to the brain or he may have been prone to it anyway, or it could be the meds he's been on. Nobody knows for sure. He is 57
Last Friday the nurse had changed one of his meds that was supposed to help with the agitation, hallucinations & dementia......it was supposed to calm him down and sleep....instead it worked just the opposite. Today the nurse put him back on the old med and has been sleeping ever since.

Yes, we all would prefer to be home with our family & friends and in comfortable surroundings in our last days......but after having taken care of my mother and now hubs, I think I'd rather be in a home to save my family from the stress

That is so cruel. And only 57?

Like I said, I've been paying attention lately to what goes on around me. Partly because I do some voluntary work for the social services, in a care home.

Are those goats?

Apparently hunting antelope can be very challenging. Two were right outside my gate till I opened the gate and stepped out, they didn't run but they did move away fairly quickly while watching me the whole time. If the whole herd was there I would not have stepped out of the gate, yesterday two bucks were chasing other younger bucks around I guess just to let them know who's boss. I'm not about to be taken as a possible rival threat by a dominant male though I'm not sure that is their behavior towards humans.
Also pronghorns (Antilocapra americana) are not antelopes even though that's what we call them, they have no close relatives anywhere in the world they only exist here in North America.

BBC TV put out an excellent nature programme on New England, US. They took the whole production team out there for a live broadcast. The presenter explained why some of those species exist there, and nowhere else. Examined the flora and fauna. Those Autumn colours and the scientific reason for them.

Consulted experts.

Super bowl. I don't get it. Millions are paid for ads, guys not worth the money get paid shitloads of money to toss a ball around, and the usa suffers depression, child trafficking, homelessness, disease, hunger, etc.

Meh. Pisses me off.

I get the feeling none of us is much enamored with the Super Bowl, but one thing isn't fixed by doing away with the other though. Anyhow how are things with you and Mr. G , Gracie?
Day by day, hon. That's all we can do. :)
I wonder how you guys are every day. I wish there was more I could do to help, I really do. You're already a heroine in my book, you've been through so much and yet you are still strong for everyone who needs that strength.
I keep meaning to call you, hon...but I wind up getting sidetracked. Like tonight for instance. I wound up setting up the van as my bedroom.I am going to sleep out there tonight just to refresh my memory of what we did for almost 4 months. We have a duplex now, but I have no privacy of my own. Anne has her room..and MrG bogarts our room. He stays awake watching tv until 4am. He uses headphones. But that big assed tv he insisted on flickers against my eyelids and I can't sleep. I tried an eye mask but it gives me a headache and scruntches my eyelashes so they are all discombooberated in the morning poking me in the eyes. Also, I am allergic to skeeters, and the twin bed I sleep in is too small for a skeeter net...so I get bit all night. I cant sleep on the couch in the living room because Anne gets up at dawn and the kitchen is RIGHT THERE, plus skeeters are now in the house and no place to have a skeeter net in the living room. So my solution is to make my van my bedroom. Again. I ran an electric cord out there with a small heater so I don't freeze to death out there. MrG says I'm crazy and maybe I am..but I haven't had a decent nights sleep since November 7th and even that was not a good night since we ran for our lives early on the 8th and have been running ever since.

I admire YOU, gallantwarrior. Anyone that can live rough like you do is admirable and brave. I couldn't do it. I'd die for sure. So while you are admiring me..know I admire you back.

Anyway....I will be heading to the van soon. I hope there are no skeeters in there!

Speaking of...skeeters are BAD here. Probably due to being surrounded by rivers, lakes and ponds. It sucks. I have experienced skeeters in the house before but according to everyone else around here..they are suffering the same thing. The locals say its bad this year and should be still too cold for them but I guess the skeeters haven't been told that. And as one ages, they get new allergies they never had before. I get bit now..I swell up like a balloon. :(

Forum List

Back