USMB Coffee Shop IV

Besides, doctors are scary.
Not as much as they used to be..........
Yeah, that's true, especially since I started dealing with medical issues in December. But, so far, I've got the carpal tunnel under control, am progressing well with the therapy on my hip (Cortisone = magic!), am losing weight and bringing down the blood pressure without medication. Progress seems slow sometimes, but I didn't get this way overnight. I feel blessed when I share what you all are going through. I'm small taters.
It's a bummer, hurting my back, but it's just a deep tissue bruise and it, too, will pass with time. I'm the kind of idiot who will tough it out. I'm already on prescription anti-inflammatories, so not much else a doctor could do.

doctor-recommended.jpg
Not far enough back......... Think early 1900s and before.........

No ads like that were very common on billboards, in magazines, and on fledgling television in the 1950's. They sort of disappeared sometime in the 1960's.
I was not referring to the ad.......

Just snow, snow, snow and MORE SNOW here in Wisconsin. I can't be more thankful that I have that big ole John Deere with the snowblower attachment now. Didn't use it hardly at all for the last three years but WOW, winter cut lose with a vengeance this year.

I've been hibernating and working out on the gym, and of course, bought more stereo gear. Had to have decent tunes in the back room with the gym for working out so I bought a Yamaha stereo integrated amp, and WOW... just can't put in words how GREAT this thing sounds coupled with my Bowers & Wilkins DM-604 S3's moved in from the shop, just awesome. I haven't been wowed like this for awhile, but this did it. Don't know why I have never owned a Yamaha before, but I was so impressed with this I bought another Yamaha Aventage RX-A3080 home theater receiver for the front room. My old Denon AVR-4810 was showing it's age and doing funny things with it's biamping processing so, it had to be replaced, it was time.

But for anyone that likes just STEREO, I HIGHLY recommend this Yamaha integrated amp. It has built in DAC's so it can process direct digital streams and other inputs, and it won't break the bank, just a BEAUTIFUL little integrated amp... high current... clean... very articulate and punchy...

20190108-140924.jpg
Nothing finishes a man cave as nicely as a good stereo system. Do you live alone, no one to be disturbed when you crank the tunes, yanno?

Well don't leave out the she shed people. :)

We have a couple of really good radio/stereo systems with great speakers--one in the great room and one in the master bedroom--that probably aren't as good as 007's stuff but really allow us to enjoy great music when we want to.

But I'll admit we mostly listen to the Bose radio/cd player in our office. Incredible speaker for such a small package but we often have our favorite cd's playing and we have hundreds of them.

Were you able to find some help handling your wife's medical bills?
Some, still working on more though. The good thing is the insurance company told the wife she has met all her out of pocket for the year so no more co-pays, etc. Doesn't mean we don't owe what we already owe.

How is she handling the chemo? My sister-in-law had to stop during the second go round because it was literally killing her. So she still probably has the cancer. . .I am gently encouraging and hoping she will go the holistic path to deal with it.

Back a long time ago when I was handling medical accounts receivables--my official title was 'credit manager'--we could arrange for people to pay out what they owed in monthly installments that they could handle. And a lot of those folks got behind in their payments now and then, but most eventually paid their debt. Hopefully you will have the same kind of option.

Some, still working on more though. The good thing is the insurance company told the wife she has met all her out of pocket for the year so no more co-pays, etc. Doesn't mean we don't owe what we already owe.

How is she handling the chemo? My sister-in-law had to stop during the second go round because it was literally killing her. So she still probably has the cancer. . .I am gently encouraging and hoping she will go the holistic path to deal with it.

Back a long time ago when I was handling medical accounts receivables--my official title was 'credit manager'--we could arrange for people to pay out what they owed in monthly installments that they could handle. And a lot of those folks got behind in their payments now and then, but most eventually paid their debt. Hopefully you will have the same kind of option.
Most everything we owe is set up for monthly payments, problem is we can't afford those monthly payments any longer without help. It's either pay the medical bills or pay the rent and utilities.

Most everything we owe is set up for monthly payments, problem is we can't afford those monthly payments any longer without help. It's either pay the medical bills or pay the rent and utilities.
As for the chemo, she's having some problems but they're closely monitoring her blood work (labs once a week), biggest thing they're concerned about right now is her kidneys. She's exhausted all the time, walking from the living room to the kitchen wears her out and she sleeps like a cat, 12 to 16 hours a day. She had a very bad migraine reaction to a medication to help with over acidity in the urine so had to stop that.
Chemo treatment is a balancing act between helping and hurting.

It just seems shameless that you are turned to paupers because after a long life paying into the system, you find yourselves in such a situation.

Just snow, snow, snow and MORE SNOW here in Wisconsin. I can't be more thankful that I have that big ole John Deere with the snowblower attachment now. Didn't use it hardly at all for the last three years but WOW, winter cut lose with a vengeance this year.

I've been hibernating and working out on the gym, and of course, bought more stereo gear. Had to have decent tunes in the back room with the gym for working out so I bought a Yamaha stereo integrated amp, and WOW... just can't put in words how GREAT this thing sounds coupled with my Bowers & Wilkins DM-604 S3's moved in from the shop, just awesome. I haven't been wowed like this for awhile, but this did it. Don't know why I have never owned a Yamaha before, but I was so impressed with this I bought another Yamaha Aventage RX-A3080 home theater receiver for the front room. My old Denon AVR-4810 was showing it's age and doing funny things with it's biamping processing so, it had to be replaced, it was time.

But for anyone that likes just STEREO, I HIGHLY recommend this Yamaha integrated amp. It has built in DAC's so it can process direct digital streams and other inputs, and it won't break the bank, just a BEAUTIFUL little integrated amp... high current... clean... very articulate and punchy...

20190108-140924.jpg
Nothing finishes a man cave as nicely as a good stereo system. Do you live alone, no one to be disturbed when you crank the tunes, yanno?

Well don't leave out the she shed people. :)

We have a couple of really good radio/stereo systems with great speakers--one in the great room and one in the master bedroom--that probably aren't as good as 007's stuff but really allow us to enjoy great music when we want to.

But I'll admit we mostly listen to the Bose radio/cd player in our office. Incredible speaker for such a small package but we often have our favorite cd's playing and we have hundreds of them.
I did not mean to short the she-shed people. Indeed, I know women who are just as savvy as guys when it comes to sound systems.

It just seems shameless that you are turned to paupers because after a long life paying into the system, you find yourselves in such a situation.
We were turned into paupers by the housing bubble bust, we were finally back on financial track when this happened.

As for the chemo, she's having some problems but they're closely monitoring her blood work (labs once a week), biggest thing they're concerned about right now is her kidneys. She's exhausted all the time, walking from the living room to the kitchen wears her out and she sleeps like a cat, 12 to 16 hours a day. She had a very bad migraine reaction to a medication to help with over acidity in the urine so had to stop that.
Chemo treatment is a balancing act between helping and hurting.

Yes it is. So I pray for her. And for you. And for medical science to progress to the point that the cure is not more horrible than the disease.

If that happened back when, the delinquent person came in to renegotiate the payments. If he/she was convincing that the payments were truly a hardship and involved necessities rather than luxuries, we usually were able to work with them.

Forum List

Back