USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think I'm an A-6 or maybe an F-1. Light but not too light. And I like it a little sweet but sweetened with Stevia, not sugar.

D36h6nQWsAABd6g.jpg:large
What are we looking at?

Coffee.

My paternal grandfather had three brothers and two surviving sisters. A baby girl died before her 1st birthday back in 1919. His brothers were my sainted uncles, George (Ducky), Robert and Alex (pronounced Elec)

Uncle Elec was the oldest born in 1905 in Dundee, Scotland. Grandpa followed in 1907. The rest of the family came along once the family immigrated to America. He stood 6'4" and weighed in at 155 pounds. He was a unicorn. A Scottish ectomorph. A Celtic Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Elec kept himself in excellent physical and mental condition. Playing volleyball at the YMCA until the age of 75, Wlwc was a marvel to all his competitors. When he died in September of 2001, Pop and I found the daily crossword puzzle completed in ink on the arm of his sofa.

In the summer of 2001, Elec has to be admitted to a rest and recovery facility. He did not stay there long and demanded to be taken back home to pursue his own regimine of recovery.

On one of my visits to the recovery center, I suggested we get outside for some fresh air. Elec wholeheartedly agreed. He donned his well won slippers and robe, plopped himself into a wheelchairs and grinned at the prospect of "getting the stink blow off him".

I wheeled him around the building and into the parking lot. Then back up the hill to a point providing a sweeping vista of the surrounding area.

"All this in just the past two years!" Uncle Elec lamented.

"Do you mean your weakened condition?" I asked the94 year old patriarch.

"No! " he said as he gripped the arms of the wheelchair and turned his face with incredulity, "All this land has been developed!"

The last time I spoke with Uncle Elec was about the attacks of September 11th. He was incredulous then too.

I think I'm an A-6 or maybe an F-1. Light but not too light. And I like it a little sweet but sweetened with Stevia, not sugar.

F6

Hot, black and strong sweetened with one Splenda as sugar is, according to mymfriends and family, a suicide attempt given my faulty pancreas.

Use Stevia instead of Splenda. Stevia is actually supposed to be good for you and with none of the negatiives associated with other non-sugar sweeteners. I used to drink my coffee strong and black but acid reflux required me to add that dollop of half & half that cuts the acid and eliminates that problem.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
BigBlackDog aka BBD for healing and wellness
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness and solutions
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

Springtime in Alabama:
1jpg-2ebce71199943326.jpg

Last few days have been chilly, windy and overcast, tomorrow it's supposed to be back up to 80 degrees and sunny.......
Staged some packed boxes in the garage (had to make room first), packed a couple more and pulled more boxes out of the shed. I'm tired, still recovering from the trip up to Albuquerque, lots of driving and the hotel beds are just too hard for me to get any good sleep.

Been texting my real estate broker like crazy...... Kind of....... The Title Company sent an email with a link to register, okay, registered followed by a boatload of questions to answer...... Got to the one that asked for previous addresses.... for the last fourteen years..... I lost it, the government only goes back seven years for a top secret clearance. If the bank does not require Title Insurance on my VA loan then I may just use a real estate attorney because the VA doesn't require it.

Stevia leaves a nasty after taste for me, I'll use sugar before I use stevia.

You have to use it very sparingly or I agree. 8 to 10 drops sweetens a cup of coffee very well. Use any more than that and it can be bitter. I order a 2 oz bottle to keep on my desk to sweeten my coffee. I will have 2 or 3 cups of coffee pretty much every morning but that 2 oz bottle will last me for weeks. Unlike other non-sugar sweeteners that have some nasty side effects not the least of which is triggering a craving for more sweets, stevia is actually good for us.

You have to use it very sparingly or I agree. 8 to 10 drops sweetens a cup of coffee very well. Use any more than that and it can be bitter. I order a 2 oz bottle to keep on my desk to sweeten my coffee. I will have 2 or 3 cups of coffee pretty much every morning but that 2 oz bottle will last me for weeks. Unlike other non-sugar sweeteners that have some nasty side effects not the least of which is triggering a craving for more sweets, stevia is actually good for us.
Doesn't matter how much I used it's the after taste that I can't take.

Doesn't matter how much I used it's the after taste that I can't take.

Well just leaves that much more for me. :) (I don't get an after taste.)

Been texting my real estate broker like crazy...... Kind of....... The Title Company sent an email with a link to register, okay, registered followed by a boatload of questions to answer...... Got to the one that asked for previous addresses.... for the last fourteen years..... I lost it, the government only goes back seven years for a top secret clearance. If the bank does not require Title Insurance on my VA loan then I may just use a real estate attorney because the VA doesn't require it.

When we were trying to get a VA loan on our last re-fi, we ran into the same problem with first Quicken and then USAA--question, after question, after question with lots of repetition. Finally went through our local bank and got it taken care of in a week with pretty much the same rate.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
BigBlackDog aka BBD for healing and wellness
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness and solutions
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

Springtime in Georgia
17621830_1038282552938546_5460242396973983509_o.jpg

When we were trying to get a VA loan on our last re-fi, we ran into the same problem with first Quicken and then USAA--question, after question, after question with lots of repetition. Finally went through our local bank and got it taken care of in a week with pretty much the same rate.
The VA doesn't require title insurance though the lender might so if the lender doesn't require it we'll most likely go the real estate attorney route and save some money. Honestly I'm still amazed at who incensed I still am, even fired off an nastygram to the title insurance company basically tell them their requirement is absurd and the possibility of using an attorney instead of their services if the situation allows.
I'm actually still pissed off.

Forum List

Back