USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm moving on Friday. It will be the first time in almost 10 years that I won't be living with the little one. It's also going to be a temporary move, with me living with friends until I can get a new job and find myself a place. There are some positives involved, but I'm not looking forward to it. :(

Our outside water pipe is leaking, so we have a big muddy puddle. It must have frozen in that last cold freeze we had a couple of weeks ago.
Disadvantage of rock yards, it takes quite a bit of water to show that it was leaking.
We've been without water since yesterday, when I turned it off.
We have 5 gal buckets of water stored, so we're ok,it's just a pain to be limited.
The plumber is coming at 1:00 this afternoon to fix it.
Like I really needed something else to deal with already!!! :ack-1:

I'm moving on Friday. It will be the first time in almost 10 years that I won't be living with the little one. It's also going to be a temporary move, with me living with friends until I can get a new job and find myself a place. There are some positives involved, but I'm not looking forward to it. :(

I can appreciate that it isn't a welcome transition for you, and feels like something isn't quite right. But this too shall pass.

Our outside water pipe is leaking, so we have a big muddy puddle. It must have frozen in that last cold freeze we had a couple of weeks ago.
Disadvantage of rock yards, it takes quite a bit of water to show that it was leaking.
We have 5 gal buckets of water stored, so we're ok,it's just a pain to be limited.

Bummer but at least it is an outside leak so you don't have a lot of damage and/or they don't have to tear up your house to fix it.

Palm Sunday marked the first of two performances of the Easter Pageant on the Hillside (like us on Facebook). We kept the weather apps open on our phones because the weather guessers spoke of an 80% chance of severe thunderstorms. The performance was set to start at 6:00 pm. We met at what was Trinity Presbyterian Church but is now the East Liverpool Community and Learning Center. The costumes were donned and makeup was applied. Gallons of coffee, fruit punch and scores of ginger snaps were consumed. Incidentally, fruit punch and ginger snaps are the unofficial communion of Scottish-American Presbyterians.

There was a sparse crowd due to the looming storms rumbling in from the north and west. But they saw a great show! There were no noticeable mistakes and the pace of the Pageant was brisk and prompt.

At the last scene, Thomas doubts, Peter proclaims the empty tomb. Andrew bickers about the danger of the meeting so soon after the crucifixion. Then Christ appears before the stunned and amazed disciples. The apostles run from the room, down the slope and into the parking lot where the audience is seated. They proclaim the risen Christ and shout hosannas. Jesus moves to his right and stands triumphant atop the empty tomb, raising his arms and saying, 'Go therefore and proclaim the good news!'

That's when the skies opened, the winds blew and the weather guessers were proved correct.

I walked down the drive from the Learning Center and one block West down Anderson Boulevard to the driveway of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. I punched in the code for the garage door opener and took shelter from the storm.

Next Saturday at 6:00 will be the last performance of the year. If you find yourself in the Crotch of the Tri-State area, do drop by and enjoy our Pageant.

Did "Jesus" work out the broken hand problem?

Palm Sunday marked the first of two performances of the Easter Pageant on the Hillside (like us on Facebook). We kept the weather apps open on our phones because the weather guessers spoke of an 80% chance of severe thunderstorms. The performance was set to start at 6:00 pm. We met at what was Trinity Presbyterian Church but is now the East Liverpool Community and Learning Center. The costumes were donned and makeup was applied. Gallons of coffee, fruit punch and scores of ginger snaps were consumed. Incidentally, fruit punch and ginger snaps are the unofficial communion of Scottish-American Presbyterians.

There was a sparse crowd due to the looming storms rumbling in from the north and west. But they saw a great show! There were no noticeable mistakes and the pace of the Pageant was brisk and prompt.

At the last scene, Thomas doubts, Peter proclaims the empty tomb. Andrew bickers about the danger of the meeting so soon after the crucifixion. Then Christ appears before the stunned and amazed disciples. The apostles run from the room, down the slope and into the parking lot where the audience is seated. They proclaim the risen Christ and shout hosannas. Jesus moves to his right and stands triumphant atop the empty tomb, raising his arms and saying, 'Go therefore and proclaim the good news!'

That's when the skies opened, the winds blew and the weather guessers were proved correct.

I walked down the drive from the Learning Center and one block West down Anderson Boulevard to the driveway of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. I punched in the code for the garage door opener and took shelter from the storm.

Next Saturday at 6:00 will be the last performance of the year. If you find yourself in the Crotch of the Tri-State area, do drop by and enjoy our Pageant.

Did "Jesus" work out the broken hand problem?
His cast was wrapped in a flesh colored ace bandage. Rather than the full cross, he carried a piece of lumber about 3"x3" and 5' long that was stained and finished to look like the cross he was to be crucified on.

On his journey he is 'whipped' and prodded by a Roman soldier. At three different points he collapses and is surrounded by Mary and Mary Magdeline. The Roman soldier points to a costumed onlookers and says "You! What's your name?" One of the hecklers teasing Jesus responds "His name is Simon of Cyrene". The Roman soldier then demands "Get over here and carry that cross for this miserable Jew!"

That exchange happened earlier than usual.

This time of year my whole yard is a big, muddy puddle. Add free range fowl and the partner's goats running loose and that mud gets really interesting. Smells like a farm out there!

Over the last month or so Giz has pretty much turned his nose up at wet cat food. He's eating the dry so at least he's eating.
This afternoon we had pork chops so I decided to give him one of the bones to see what he would do. Welp the little shit must be part dog, started licking the bone then started gnawing the meat and fat off of it........

Well wouldn't you rather have a pork chop instead of cat food? I mean really. (Our cats loved getting a pork bone now and then too though they should be fed pork sparingly because of the high fat and sodium content.)

Well it could be worse, it could still be the 1800s........ :eusa_whistle:

Ran across this picture of Mount Fanjing, Guizhou, China. Amazing area and hauntingly beautiful. But I can't imagine anybody wanting to make that climb to get to the top.

57088201_618075661950080_4172890959509454848_n.jpg

Way back when I was a wee lad I read an article in National Geographic about Paris and particularly the cathedral of Notre Dame. I made a promise to myself then that, if I ever had the opportunity to see it for myself I would.

Thirty odd years ago I had a project in western West Germany. What a time that was. The Berlin Wall fell while I was there. My crew and I visited Prague. We spent a weekend in Switzerland. But one weekend, I kept my promise and visited Paris.

I drove across Alsace Lorraine and pulled into central Paris long after dark. I found the Champs d'elyssa and, of all things, a Burger King. My first meal in Paris was a Whopper and a Coke, the ugly American. I saw an American Legion post right there on the street. They recommended a clean, cheap hotel and I checked in.

Saturday morning dawned and I had a decidedly more Parisian meal of croissants, orange juice and stinky cheese. Then I bought ten tickets (dix, sil vous plait) for the Paris subway. I'm pretty good at cartography and soon divised the best route to the cathedral.

It was, in the parlance of today's youth, awesome. Literally awesome, as it truly inspired awe. My April morning at Notre Dame was not only fulfilling a childhood promise, but one of the most memorable days of my life.

There was a souvenir shop in the neighborhood on Isle Cite that sold reproductions of all the gargoyles on the cathedral. My little plaster cast gargoyle sits proudly on my bedroom bookcase right alongside a photograph I took of Notre Dame.

I'm so glad I had the chance to keep my promise. But I am so sorry for anyone who never got the chance to be there, and for those who were lucky enough to gaze on that magnificent facade everyday.

No Smo sounds like maybe we walked some of the same steps in our past... I also ate at the Parisian BK and spent an afternoon at the American Legion playing the slot machines and consuming adult beverages with some expatriates on the 4th of July weekend in the year of our Lord 1976.

Our experiences were similar at the Cathedral... I was awestruck... Absolutely mesmerized by the beauty and detail of the craftsmanship... Did I mention I was struck with awe?

My Son, DIL and 2 granddaughters arrived home from spending 10 days in France and Spain just last Wednesday... Jake and Lisa had both been to Europe before but it was the girls first trip (7 and 12 years old)… I am so happy they got a chance to go to the Notre Dame Cathedral before this happened... My son paid for a personal tour for the girls that went into pretty explicit detail of the Cathedral... Something they will more than likely never forget...

Life is good...

Good luck with your move. Moving is pretty stressful under the best conditions and your situation is pretty precarious.

Busy day today. I made a small dent cleaning the mess left by the partner, but every little bit feels better. I then spent the afternoon in my goat pen waiting for the arrival of some new kids. Two does = five kids because one doe had triplets! All babies were up and had eaten their first meal within their first hour of life. That's what I like to see. That's a total of 7 new kids. I still have two does with a potential of four more babies. I love Springtime. I'm also harvesting an average of four eggs a day! Woo-hoo! Fresh eggs and soon fresh milk, too.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
BigBlackDog aka BBD for healing and wellness
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness and solutions
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

Springtime in Michigan
tulips_0670.jpg

Up early to check on the kids. Found another fresh-born baby. So, both my first-time mothers gave birth on their own, cleaned up and nursed their kids without our help. This newest addition is a very large single kid. Not only do first-timers frequently birth a single, this mom's granddam birthed mostly large singles. This balances out the usual two kids per mom because of the triplets born yesterday. One more birth to go and I expect it to be this afternoon, tomorrow at the latest. With the other litters, I can clearly tell who the sires were but this newest little guy is coal black with a small white star on his forehead.

Ran across this picture of Mount Fanjing, Guizhou, China. Amazing area and hauntingly beautiful. But I can't imagine anybody wanting to make that climb to get to the top.

It looks as though it has "eek" factor all the way up, and even more so when one crosses the bridge over the chasm between the two buildings on either spike. Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yah!

Busy day today. I made a small dent cleaning the mess left by the partner, but every little bit feels better. I then spent the afternoon in my goat pen waiting for the arrival of some new kids. Two does = five kids because one doe had triplets! All babies were up and had eaten their first meal within their first hour of life. That's what I like to see. That's a total of 7 new kids. I still have two does with a potential of four more babies. I love Springtime. I'm also harvesting an average of four eggs a day! Woo-hoo! Fresh eggs and soon fresh milk, too.
You're healing! Looks like the vacation did you some good, and your herd is increasing. Hope all goes well with the kids. Oh, milk! I have to go to the store and get some. Glad you have a source for good protein and calcium, gallantwarrior!

Well, time to get my dancin' shoes on and get around to issues of survival. After my 6 months of travelling pneumonia due to a pneumonia shot, I had two whole days of reprieve till bronchitis set in. I have no idea how I got it, because my social life has been limited to going to WalMart, taking meals to my shut-in friend, and letting the cat out. lol. But it was pretty much over as of a couple of days ago, just a cough every couple of hours or so. That's so better than it was. And Texas warm weather is moving in at Walker County. I haven't walked fence since I got pneumonia, and through the trees, I can see there's a new neighbor's house that went up over the winter. If it doesn't rain, I'm going to get some boots and walk over there. So it's off to the store...

It looks as though it has "eek" factor all the way up, and even more so when one crosses the bridge over the chasm between the two buildings on either spike. Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yah!

For me going down would be scarier than going up. All those people on what looks like wooden stairs. I suppose it is structurally safe but would be hard for me to trust it.

Forum List

Back