USMB Coffee Shop IV

Holy crap, the drive down was white knuckle time.

I was on a couple sections of downhill road and my anti-lock brakes were going off like a popcorn popper....Could only regain steering by getting off the brakes, at which point gravity caused me to go faster.

So glad I didn't hit anything.

Sounds like I am glad I wasn't riding with you. Where and what were you driving?

I was on a couple sections of downhill road and my anti-lock brakes were going off like a popcorn popper....Could only regain steering by getting off the brakes, at which point gravity caused me to go faster.

Sounds like I am glad I wasn't riding with you. Where and what were you driving?

Driving down Little Cottonwood Canyon after skiing at Alta....It was a few minutes before getting diverted to Snowbird for an hour.

Back up in Albuquerque for the wife's chemo tomorrow, after a high wind drive we spent all morning and early afternoon looking at houses in NW and NE. Decided to finally look at one that we had rejected last time (without looking at it) and guess what, it's the one we chose. Really nice neighborhood and while the house is not as large as we like it it's not only well kept but was owned by a lady who the city did a complete handicapped reno for. She's now in a nursing home and was honestly almost ready to lose the house to the bank, it's also a house our broker listed and has been trying to sell for a while. Wouldn't sell because it had the two small bathrooms made into one, we can deal with that.

Sounds good. And if the price is right on the house you have a little left over for whatever improvements would make it more fun.
We offered slightly less and it was accepted. Don't want to go too low and screw the lady over. Our mortgage will definitely be less than what we're paying in rent in Roswell and much less than what we would pay in rent for a comparable house in ABQ.

One of the best baby goat videos ever. And I especially liked the sleeping Great Pyrenees and immediately thought of GW and his goats and their guard dogs. :)

Yup, a well "trained" Pyr will be just like that. I liked the tyke with the John Deere hat and the guy with "Toughie" could have been my partner, laying there in the goat pen with kids using him for a trampoline. Thanks for that cheering video. It shouldn't be too much longer before we have kids here.
Many happy greetings, all!

Go back to sleep. We'll wake you in June.

Too late, I'm already woke! How ya doin'?

Doin' jes fine! Realtor and painter coming tomorrow. Putting the old shack up for sale and moving to Tejas permanent. I've had a house there for 10 years. Enjoy your skeeters!

Lived for a little while outside of Dallas In Plano Texas. Right out of college and doing carpentry and roofing work with a buddy from school.

Nice folks in Texas, Hoss. In fact some of the best I've ever met. Kind of reminds me of what America used to be before the pussification of American set in hard. :lol: Wyoming still has that vibe but not too many other places I've been to. I'm sure the good folks in Texas will be glad your back there full time. Best of luck selling your home. :thup:

Driving down Little Cottonwood Canyon after skiing at Alta....It was a few minutes before getting diverted to Snowbird for an hour.

Well really happy for a satisfactory conclusion to a story you have to tell. :)

Some hot blond from my past FB messaged my brother looking for me. Saw her briefly right around time I had my first real job. She and one of her younger sisters were drop dead clones. She being the mysterious stranger type while her sister was type everyone wanted to be around. Never could get her full attention. She was rubbing shoulders with guys making lot more than I was and still is. She is with some high powered law firm, must be a lawyer herself by now. After a stretch of speaking to her mom more than her when I called I just let it drop. IF the question was, Who are you most likely to never see or hear from the again, the answer would have been her. Imagine my surprise. Timing is especially interesting considering wife finally agreed to marriage counseling and is sounding more and more like her old self.

Snowbound @ Snowbird for about an hour....Oh, those troublesome 1st world problems! :auiqs.jpg:

It does sound like Utah is having the same freakish spring weather New Mexico is encountering. (Speaking of Utah we haven't heard from drifter for awhile. Hope she is well.)

We've been under high wind warnings here--gale force gusts from time to time especially on the east side of town. Yesterday afternoon the wind was really blowing and then suddenly stopped. I mean dead calm stopped. Not a branch or twig was moving on the trees. So eerie we went outside to see what was happening. In West Texas and Kansas, if you had a sudden halt in wind and hail like that, it usually meant a funnel was forming overhead or you were in the eye of one. We didn't see a funnel--they are really REALLY rare here--and in a few minutes it started blowing again. Eerie though.

Our 80+ degree weather on Tuesday gave way to 50's yesterday and today and possible snow by Friday or Saturday. Glad we delayed the changeover from furnace to cooler until May.

56739383_10211546242651539_7226579640012242944_n.jpg

Some hot blond from my past FB messaged my brother looking for me. Saw her briefly right around time I had my first real job. She and one of her younger sisters were drop dead clones. She being the mysterious stranger type while her sister was type everyone wanted to be around. Never could get her full attention. She was rubbing shoulders with guys making lot more than I was and still is. She is with some high powered law firm, must be a lawyer herself by now. After a stretch of speaking to her mom more than her when I called I just let it drop. IF the question was, Who are you most likely to never see or hear from the again, the answer would have been her. Imagine my surprise. Timing is especially interesting considering wife finally agreed to marriage counseling and is sounding more and more like her old self.

I think I would keep that hot blond on Facebook for the time being. :)

Indeed. Beware.

Snowbound @ Snowbird for about an hour....Oh, those troublesome 1st world problems! :auiqs.jpg:

It does sound like Utah is having the same freakish spring weather New Mexico is encountering. (Speaking of Utah we haven't heard from drifter for awhile. Hope she is well.)

We've been under high wind warnings here--gale force gusts from time to time especially on the east side of town. Yesterday afternoon the wind was really blowing and then suddenly stopped. I mean dead calm stopped. Not a branch or twig was moving on the trees. So eerie we went outside to see what was happening. In West Texas and Kansas, if you had a sudden halt in wind and hail like that, it usually meant a funnel was forming overhead or you were in the eye of one. We didn't see a funnel--they are really REALLY rare here--and in a few minutes it started blowing again. Eerie though.

Our 80+ degree weather on Tuesday gave way to 50's yesterday and today and possible snow by Friday or Saturday. Glad we delayed the changeover from furnace to cooler until May.

56739383_10211546242651539_7226579640012242944_n.jpg
Spring storms blow in al the time...In fact, I saved the two free days I get at Snowbird with my Alta season pass for those days.

Back up in Albuquerque for the wife's chemo tomorrow, after a high wind drive we spent all morning and early afternoon looking at houses in NW and NE. Decided to finally look at one that we had rejected last time (without looking at it) and guess what, it's the one we chose. Really nice neighborhood and while the house is not as large as we like it it's not only well kept but was owned by a lady who the city did a complete handicapped reno for. She's now in a nursing home and was honestly almost ready to lose the house to the bank, it's also a house our broker listed and has been trying to sell for a while. Wouldn't sell because it had the two small bathrooms made into one, we can deal with that.

Sounds good. And if the price is right on the house you have a little left over for whatever improvements would make it more fun.
We offered slightly less and it was accepted. Don't want to go too low and screw the lady over. Our mortgage will definitely be less than what we're paying in rent in Roswell and much less than what we would pay in rent for a comparable house in ABQ.

That is why we stay in our current home even though it is tempting to sell and have all that wonderful equity to play with. We don't have a large mortgage left to pay off though we expect paying off the house to be our kids' problem. :) But we can't rent anything we would want to live in for anything close to as small amount as what our current mortgage + interest + insurance and taxes costs us. Plus you don't build equity when you rent. Anyhow it is nice having the extra room because we get house guests pretty often and we entertain a lot so it is nice having enough space that we all aren't on top of each other.

Just got home, that trip's getting longer and longer........ No chemo today, we talked to the doc about the CT Scan and mixed news, everything shrank except the mass on the kidney which actually grew a couple of centimeters which was a possibility we knew about. Time for a different chemo regime. The new one will be once every three weeks but she will have a pump attached and it will be a 24 hour infusion. The doc said she's seen some good results with this medication on patients with leiomyosarcoma so we're praying for the best results over all.
In the meantime we have the contract on the house, we're both positive about it and now that we're back home the "kids" are happy to see us. Also have to start packing in earnest, closing probably won't be until the end of May but it's surprising how fast 45 days can go by.

Last edited:
Just got home, that trip's getting longer and longer........ No chemo today, we talked to the doc about the CT Scan and mixed news, everything shrank except the mass on the kidney which actually grew a couple of centimeters which was a possibility we knew about. Time for a different chemo regime. The new one will be once every three weeks but she will have a pump attached and it will be a 24 hour infusion. The doc said she's seen some good results with this medication on patients with leiomyosarcoma so we're praying for the best results over all.
In the meantime we have the contract on the house, we're both positive about it and not that we're back home the "kids" are happy to see us. Also have to start packing in earnest, closing probably won't be until the end of May but it's surprising how fast 45 days can go by.

Hopefully this new treatment will work on the renal mass. I wish I was in a position to do something to help.

Indeed. Beware.

What ever happened to turnabout is fair play?

Indeed. Beware.

What ever happened to turnabout is fair play?

I'm only warning you not to play with fire, hun.

I think that the above picture of a duck could be faked. but the cat in a birds nest is not,
Congratulations coffee shop, on reaching page 6000.View attachment 255478

Yeah, the duck obviously photoshopped, but I can believe the cat photo is not. I wonder what sort of bird built it? Maybe a dove's nest. But quite large.

Page 6000 for you for Coffee Shop IV, but Page 2000 for me because I am apparently set to show a lot more posts per page than you are. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back