USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hey!

Just dropped in to say it's Karaoke day, so I've been singing, right after working on red squares like this one I found that someone else did:
il_570xN.777044338_7gdn.jpg

The one I'm working on now will be a ship with 17 sails on it. It's pretty primitive, though, but
I developed the pattern several years ago and have made a dozen quilts of the ship, and somewhere
out there, I placed the ship over greek-key waves, and then added masts to hang the sails on...
It's been a process but a log of fun! The above quilt was made by someone who likes to make
her logs stand for something, in this case, she showed her love for country, and likely a son or
daughter in the service some time. I love reviewing other people's quilts, when I look for someone
who did something like I did. Not! I cannot find work like mine anywhere online, and I'm not good at
cameras or taking pictures. lol You'd think that'd be easy but noooooooooooo, just like doing crochet
does not qualify you for making macrame! I can make pictures, not take them. Rats!
Y'all have the very best of good days. I still have to put in an hour on the track and sing 4 songs before
going to the diner to sing karaoke. Gonna do "Smooth Operator" (Sade), "Im gonna Be (The Proclaimers),
And Harry Belafonte's "Banana Boat Song" (Day-o) because it's funny. I love songs that have a
sense of humor about them, and can you ever ham up humor to the nines. ;) Gonna be a busy afternoon-eve.

It's the rare morning in Tucson when we wake up to the sound of rolling thunder and rain pattering the window. After a summer of way too many 100 degree days, a cloudy rainy 68 degree morning is such a treat! I watched the weather radar for a break in the rain and at 7am I laced up my running shoes and went for a casual 3 miler. Running with light sprinkles and the smell of soaked creosote permeating the air was just great. Not a single mountain biker was at the trail head when I got there. Wimps! It now Looks as if more is on the way and that's fine because we need it. Think I'll have a 3rd cup of coffee and watch it :)
Only three cups of coffee? Friggin' lightweight......... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Ya know I bought that small window AC unit and was too busy with other things to install it........ Now it's actually too cool to even think about it this year unless we get another mini heat wave before winter arrives. It's currently 28 degrees............ centigrade outside but it's more like 15 degrees C inside, had to put on sweats. I wonder what I'm gonna do when it really gets cold........ (A running joke between the wife and I). :D

Last edited:
Just had our roofer out to inspect our roof for the leak we had during that last frog strangler. He found the problem immediately--the rain had pushed enough rock to the canale to partially block it and back water up over a crack big enough to stick a credit card in plus a couple of other small problem areas in the same part of the roof. Cost of repairs under $200. We can handle that okay.

Well, folks....seems I need more prayers if you would be so kind?
Did a colonguard test....results back. Positive for colon cancer. But, it could be a false positive. So...going to reschedule the colonoscopy tomorrow with GI doc. Once that is done..I will get better results. Once that happens...then..well..I dunno.:(

Did a colonguard test....results back. Positive for colon cancer. But, it could be a false positive. So...going to reschedule the colonoscopy tomorrow with GI doc. Once that is done..I will get better results. Once that happens...then..well..I dunno.:(

Bummer Gracie. We will pray for the false positive. But if it is confirmed, and you choose not to do chemo, there are some other approaches. Let me know.

Prayers it's a false positive.

gallantwarrior ...What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you. :D

Got my surprise package in the mail! Love what you sent...and the candy too, lol. But I LOVE the sticker sign most!!!

Thank you!!!
I thought you'd relate to that!
Best candy ever, by-the-way. All made with Alaskan berries. I usually pick the chocolate off and eat the jellies. I loved it when they sold just the jellies. Glad you enjoyed.

The best falls I recalls (sorry, couldn't help it) was as a young lump and as far as you could see maple trees and rolling hills.

For a high desert city, Albuquerque has a LOT of trees and an amazing variety of them. So we get all the fall colors here in the city. But in the rural areas it is mostly cottonwood, birch, and aspen with brilliant gold fall leaves--some patches of red maple. Especially in the Fourth of July Canyon area south of us, the red maple is stunning in the fall.

I would like to visit Wisconsin or New England or other areas in the fall for the full array of wonderful fall colors.

I like high desert, especially at dusk and dawn, the big sky's and those trees you speak of, throw in a river or lake and there's
Lumpy, sucking up the good life .

We live in the high desert only it's junipers, far from my favorite trees but the cascades are within a 1/2 hr..
Man, I love junipers. Love the shape, love the smell, everything. Too bad they don't grow up here.

Do check again with a doctor. They tell you that those package tests are iffy, at best. They are meant to give someone an idea whether they should get a coloscopy, or not. As bad as the procedure was, I will still "report for duty" at the appointed time for a repeat. I'm doing OK so far and would rather go through a few hours of hell to know that life wasn't going that way, too.

I need all you guys to build me a new retaining wall across the raised flower bed that runs the whole length of the back of our lot. Save could design it, but there will be some heavy labor involved. Oh well. . .that doesn't have to be decided today. :)
I'm not smart but I can lift heavy things!

You're plenty smart. But with that bad hip, you shouldn't be lifting heavy things.

The best falls I recalls (sorry, couldn't help it) was as a young lump and as far as you could see maple trees and rolling hills.

For a high desert city, Albuquerque has a LOT of trees and an amazing variety of them. So we get all the fall colors here in the city. But in the rural areas it is mostly cottonwood, birch, and aspen with brilliant gold fall leaves--some patches of red maple. Especially in the Fourth of July Canyon area south of us, the red maple is stunning in the fall.

I would like to visit Wisconsin or New England or other areas in the fall for the full array of wonderful fall colors.

I like high desert, especially at dusk and dawn, the big sky's and those trees you speak of, throw in a river or lake and there's
Lumpy, sucking up the good life .

We live in the high desert only it's junipers, far from my favorite trees but the cascades are within a 1/2 hr..
Man, I love junipers. Love the shape, love the smell, everything. Too bad they don't grow up here.

They are very high in allergens though. We have a huge juniper at the front of our house that is grandfathered in, but I've heard there is a city ordinance that new junipers can't be established for that reason.

Prayers up for eradication of any cancer threat to Gracie, with love and hope for your healing with preference given to find the other test being a false positive. :smiliehug:

Ya know I bought that small window AC unit and was too busy with other things to install it........ Now it's actually too cool to even think about it this year unless we get another mini heat wave before winter arrives. It's currently 28 degrees............ centigrade outside but it's more like 15 degrees C inside, had to put on sweats. I wonder what I'm gonna do when it really gets cold........ (A running joke between the wife and I). :D
Wally World has men's long-sleeve cotton knit t-shirts for under $5. I bought one of every color as my only purchase of clothing this fall. I bought big sizes, which fit me like a nightgown, except they're $10 cheaper, 50% warmer, and can be worn both night and day. I wear long sleeve shirts every day of the year because my mother's skin cancer doctor told her to make her daughters cover arms, legs, faces, and all body parts when exposed to any amount of sunlight, large or small. Skin cancer doesn't seem very harmful, but the hidden problem with it is called metastasis; that's where a small cell or so can break loose into the blood stream at any time, and carry it to the lungs, brain, and all internal organs. Those shirts are a good buy. Women's shirts this year are not 100% cotton, and when they are, they're not like men's pima cotton that does not shrink, so I doll them up a little with a piece of lace, a crocheted item, quilt blocks, etc. Men don't have to do a single thing with changing the shirts. They're attractive on men and if tight, can show off abs, and if loose, can disguise fat pretty good if you're into wearing Johnny Cash black. (very dark colors make appearances recede somewhat to the human eye). The ones that are sold here are mostly black, and I noticed they had a stack of white ones. I like the white ones, because if you need to use clorox on the floor, you don't mess up your colors with accidental spills. The white doesn't have that problem. And the jeans ones are fun, because instead of sewing something onto a man's shirt, you can tie a scarf around the neck as a cute makeshift "collar." And if you have any relatives who were diagnosed with skin cancer, put your name on the list for long-sleeved shirts. Buy enough in the fall and enough white to cover during the next summer's sun season. And is girls don't have to spend a fortune to be fashionable with the right scarves. Although, if you have a worn out shirt that has holes in the elbows, you can cut the old blouse around the collar, baste and then invisible stitch it into the neck area and look like a student genius for the day. And now for my song directed toward my clothing vanity:

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
:laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2:
Now, about that apricot scarf...:D

Wally World has men's long-sleeve cotton knit t-shirts for under $5. I bought one of every color as my only purchase of clothing this fall. I bought big sizes, which fit me like a nightgown, except they're $10 cheaper, 50% warmer, and can be worn both night and day. I wear long sleeve shirts every day of the year because my mother's skin cancer doctor told her to make her daughters cover arms, legs, faces, and all body parts when exposed to any amount of sunlight, large or small. Skin cancer doesn't seem very harmful, but the hidden problem with it is called metastasis; that's where a small cell or so can break loose into the blood stream at any time, and carry it to the lungs, brain, and all internal organs. Those shirts are a good buy. Women's shirts this year are not 100% cotton, and when they are, they're not like men's pima cotton that does not shrink, so I doll them up a little with a piece of lace, a crocheted item, quilt blocks, etc. Men don't have to do a single thing with changing the shirts. They're attractive on men and if tight, can show off abs, and if loose, can disguise fat pretty good if you're into wearing Johnny Cash black. (very dark colors make appearances recede somewhat to the human eye). The ones that are sold here are mostly black, and I noticed they had a stack of white ones. I like the white ones, because if you need to use clorox on the floor, you don't mess up your colors with accidental spills. The white doesn't have that problem. And the jeans ones are fun, because instead of sewing something onto a man's shirt, you can tie a scarf around the neck as a cute makeshift "collar." And if you have any relatives who were diagnosed with skin cancer, put your name on the list for long-sleeved shirts. Buy enough in the fall and enough white to cover during the next summer's sun season. And is girls don't have to spend a fortune to be fashionable with the right scarves. Although, if you have a worn out shirt that has holes in the elbows, you can cut the old blouse around the collar, baste and then invisible stitch it into the neck area and look like a student genius for the day. And now for my song directed toward my clothing vanity:

:laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh2:

My problem is I'm kinda picky, my two favorite button downs are Safari and Mandarin (Band) collar shirts in linen or 100% cotton. I also like pocket Ts, colorful pocket T's.
I wear the shirts open with rolled sleeves over my Ts or buttoned up under my vests that I made.

dtspMPZmvmrtqStBqjeNd2g6mnqIdN0370zSKbjwCtsJiTii5h8KUo1Hxhul5EDVrtYpO8GFdaJ5UslTJcNqeYTzwnIK_-RS_2Hn6GIqr7vA0hQ0ESzb_W_l5Dw5fwQSceWyuhK87X7KBm3crlSjnUzZWKdlk1yCBkrNBQG7x7Y8ZHBUzQiztgdMUpruHKa5DlPErp-ORPwC-fb9ArZQLhosAjJQmRgNhl-EQgTQ-QXOnltMnoUygOlt8XAUeLU15w3j9BHuufwdwoNRzVzw3T3-RPodhlAIIDF5aZKuhGleOo7V0WuUw5UiXrn70JxJI9-1efSuqgkc3PC3PLg-DqQfIfAFEZRtdtmYJcfqvuPjnUJZ37-s2vCEArYhOnC89vZwa3f6lOzCPUTwO9oJ0O-qjopeuQYN8uBQXsmjE2GqjNYAWamXGXdPukqCWvWLm8l77prIrBCA1t7voVmz6dOXA_GDdwW6r4JrSPyHvsEcgVHytFAaOKaCu49rzOVS8rjxj1Inb1FWdRbwn-HSaBxBeuWWu1S_o29zdZcb0R6GgkRLkhRn958UbCnjcwgiXPCdfICd6m9ZnBFabPKSroVw_5MItUHLSa33yGpjU6H_aOtHVTJx8FD3M_Oq45w4V9Wrh4COCLNUq_gTx5sT9f4JfgMO1N4IFKQxPASlTQktHYQEQNr62Q4=w590-h880-no

76oyD5vVoTqRYsXqHbhBLzKjYAhRy-CXlQ9RzTwGyErnVX9M2E_IpsA3d8yL8CWQ_uM6d0ScXOzUwDCId7qNZ-HUG0TdwM9kZgx9NCSAtS-6IinXxhuNkI0D8ydwM1ob7KS_M7srKP53xh4daiVXkrbKL88af8jsZdlg4GaUeBbuTUjG0sxdM4H9mmLtX5wlq16moNHhGrDzYdtjn4pbn7qnWa7vfCa4Fuu9bacObGct6ss6woRjpXDhBW0T2Lzka98RYzDVu6dwypACNtUpvTqiui5auT57yX4AHWRBJgDLzV1Ig07JTuCpmkIvlC7lqxUGsYx0dd50VHdjQiy_6KZO5Ng6URPFUIXV9avVi25qSLQZGql2K0emSKzHCiTmt7TkNGiakEG4t25_N_o6ay842BICjAnDw_DVCUxY-9e7kUj1-RDyDT89AG_hwh8Yv1iYWmOje5Pz6GdEWvSSTCGLIKcby3tSqbAI4Yz_cb9TNGAYiC307i47EUWGGTTA0DnE_FGpQOzB2IepPLhqrPXot76M9Lqd7PClsAoegGN2B9h9-cgUpCgFwMU5l8Rsrpvrcwjg0nPdxBsaRaYO0mF34xdsEpJYeAiXraDC-MpDQv3izxXVOja-jHvO9UiItfOqXoj4CX9uV0ssj-XcN4WglyXrb6qa7KW4pwzWpjctJxTYUgOomV4=w586-h880-no

My problem is I'm kinda picky, my two favorite button downs are Safari and Mandarin (Band) collar shirts in linen or 100% cotton. I also like pocket Ts, colorful pocket T's.
I wear the shirts open with rolled sleeves over my Ts or buttoned up under my vests that I made.

dtspMPZmvmrtqStBqjeNd2g6mnqIdN0370zSKbjwCtsJiTii5h8KUo1Hxhul5EDVrtYpO8GFdaJ5UslTJcNqeYTzwnIK_-RS_2Hn6GIqr7vA0hQ0ESzb_W_l5Dw5fwQSceWyuhK87X7KBm3crlSjnUzZWKdlk1yCBkrNBQG7x7Y8ZHBUzQiztgdMUpruHKa5DlPErp-ORPwC-fb9ArZQLhosAjJQmRgNhl-EQgTQ-QXOnltMnoUygOlt8XAUeLU15w3j9BHuufwdwoNRzVzw3T3-RPodhlAIIDF5aZKuhGleOo7V0WuUw5UiXrn70JxJI9-1efSuqgkc3PC3PLg-DqQfIfAFEZRtdtmYJcfqvuPjnUJZ37-s2vCEArYhOnC89vZwa3f6lOzCPUTwO9oJ0O-qjopeuQYN8uBQXsmjE2GqjNYAWamXGXdPukqCWvWLm8l77prIrBCA1t7voVmz6dOXA_GDdwW6r4JrSPyHvsEcgVHytFAaOKaCu49rzOVS8rjxj1Inb1FWdRbwn-HSaBxBeuWWu1S_o29zdZcb0R6GgkRLkhRn958UbCnjcwgiXPCdfICd6m9ZnBFabPKSroVw_5MItUHLSa33yGpjU6H_aOtHVTJx8FD3M_Oq45w4V9Wrh4COCLNUq_gTx5sT9f4JfgMO1N4IFKQxPASlTQktHYQEQNr62Q4=w590-h880-no

76oyD5vVoTqRYsXqHbhBLzKjYAhRy-CXlQ9RzTwGyErnVX9M2E_IpsA3d8yL8CWQ_uM6d0ScXOzUwDCId7qNZ-HUG0TdwM9kZgx9NCSAtS-6IinXxhuNkI0D8ydwM1ob7KS_M7srKP53xh4daiVXkrbKL88af8jsZdlg4GaUeBbuTUjG0sxdM4H9mmLtX5wlq16moNHhGrDzYdtjn4pbn7qnWa7vfCa4Fuu9bacObGct6ss6woRjpXDhBW0T2Lzka98RYzDVu6dwypACNtUpvTqiui5auT57yX4AHWRBJgDLzV1Ig07JTuCpmkIvlC7lqxUGsYx0dd50VHdjQiy_6KZO5Ng6URPFUIXV9avVi25qSLQZGql2K0emSKzHCiTmt7TkNGiakEG4t25_N_o6ay842BICjAnDw_DVCUxY-9e7kUj1-RDyDT89AG_hwh8Yv1iYWmOje5Pz6GdEWvSSTCGLIKcby3tSqbAI4Yz_cb9TNGAYiC307i47EUWGGTTA0DnE_FGpQOzB2IepPLhqrPXot76M9Lqd7PClsAoegGN2B9h9-cgUpCgFwMU5l8Rsrpvrcwjg0nPdxBsaRaYO0mF34xdsEpJYeAiXraDC-MpDQv3izxXVOja-jHvO9UiItfOqXoj4CX9uV0ssj-XcN4WglyXrb6qa7KW4pwzWpjctJxTYUgOomV4=w586-h880-no

Nice work, Mr. Ringel!
th
th

I need all you guys to build me a new retaining wall across the raised flower bed that runs the whole length of the back of our lot. Save could design it, but there will be some heavy labor involved. Oh well. . .that doesn't have to be decided today. :)
I'm not smart but I can lift heavy things!

You're plenty smart. But with that bad hip, you shouldn't be lifting heavy things.
You do what you have to do. Hell, you should see the tree my gal-friend from work passed on to me. Thing's gotta be 26" diameter, at least! I'll get the danged thing made into firewood, be sure of it. I had to come back home to get the bigger chainsaw.

Forum List

Back