USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was just outside getting a blow job...........

It's really windy.

Get your minds out of the gutter.

:D

My mind's in the shed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_shed

Men's sheds originated from the shed in a backyard scenario, where a man would go and carry out tasks, such as restoring furniture or fixing lawn mowers. The first men's shed (by that name) was opened in Tongala, Victoria, Australia on July 26, 1998.

Lawn mowers; lol.
I'm happy for them....... :dunno:

all of those and the 20 some odd boxes I got rid of before we left Virginia.

….and here I thought I was the only one whose boxes acted abnormally.

Have you got a shed, Dogmaphobe?

With fabulous window treatments and everything.

I've heard it said they save marriages.

Wives just put their husbands in them.
I already have one man cave that I disappear into...... It's my home office...... :D

Oh GW I have been forced to eat Braunschweig one to many times in my life... Its not that it is a moose, it is the taste of LIVER that I find appalling... Liver is really the only thing that my taster will not slide down my gullet...

You sound like my Hombre. He says he simply cannot swallow liver. And a really good and properly prepared serving of liver and onions is among my favorite things.

And decorations for Halloween have begun at my house... A week late actually.View attachment 283133

Woo hoo Ollie. I've missed your destination worthy Halloween decorations. They are always awesome!

Has to be different every year, Mayor came over yesterday to comment... I am progressing..
IMG_4232H19.jpg

And decorations for Halloween have begun at my house... A week late actually.View attachment 283133

Woo hoo Ollie. I've missed your destination worthy Halloween decorations. They are always awesome!

Has to be different every year, Mayor came over yesterday to comment... I am progressing..
View attachment 283365

Probably can't find any reasonably priced anywhere, but the guys in the boat need pirate hats and a skull flag. :)

Well the guys got back late this afternoon.
They said the guy was humbled and impressed at how many showed up for him.
It was a very beautiful day for them to ride.
Good for the guys. Amazing how people can pull together when they want, or need, to. It gladdens my day to know they had a good time making someone else feel better.
How are you doing, Peach?

Very tired and sore right now ,but the old place is starting to look good and newer again. :)
Tired and sore is not too bad when you have something to show for it. And I enjoy that physical tiredness after a day of honest labor. It's the tiredness that comes from stress and frustration that comes from having too much to do, no time to do it, and no one seems to appreciate your situation. Does it help when your guy goes riding, leaving you to do your thing? Or would you prefer he stay and help you?

In our marriage we have always had our separate times with friends, without each other.
Then we have our social gatherings we do together.
Mr. P can't help he has MS.
That's why he hired our good handyman to this ,but sadly he only got the garage and utility room almost finished before he died.
Now I'm doing it .
We had another handyman who did one thing which was repaint the side of the house that gets the sun all day, then he said he could do all we wanted done ,but hasn't showed up to even finish the garage.
It brings up the old saying, it's so hard to get good help. :)
For various reasons, I prefer to do my own work, too. The partner had his jobs and I had mine. We do not work well together but we work great separately. But now, I have to take up the slack as much as I can. I am learning not to fear the chain saw, for instance. I was terrified of cutting off my leg, or some other major injury. Now, I have to handle the chainsaw and am getting ready to go out in a few days to cut down my first tree. I'll also be changing oil and filters on all three street vehicles. That doesn't shake me but it does require some research and time.
Today, I'll be working on the wood pile until it warms up in the afternoon. Then, I'll be bringing in the hoses and putting the trailer away for the winter. I'm hoping that moving some of the weight will allow me to use the motor to move the slide-out back into stowed position. Otherwise, I'll have to do it manually. That will require crawling under the trailer and using a speed handle to get it stowed. Nowadays, my hip makes big complaint when asked to crawl anywhere.
Keep on persevering. You are such a tough old bird and it's good knowing that we old folk are still holding our own. And always remember, cursive is now a code that can befuddle the young.

Oh GW I have been forced to eat Braunschweig one to many times in my life... Its not that it is a moose, it is the taste of LIVER that I find appalling... Liver is really the only thing that my taster will not slide down my gullet...

You sound like my Hombre. He says he simply cannot swallow liver. And a really good and properly prepared serving of liver and onions is among my favorite things.
I have the same problem with fat or gristle. If I bite into a piece of non-meat, I am lost and cannot even finish the dish. That's probably why I will not eat sausage.

View attachment 283365
Do kids actually come to your place for treats? I'd be pretty cautious if I were out and about. Great job!

Just a few random thoughts for the day...

I had a physical last week and it turns out I have a vitamin D deficiency. I told the doctor I go through a gallon of milk each day. But, as I live in a part of our beautiful country that is perpetually shrouded by clouds, nearly. everyone here has a vitamin D deficiency. At least it's not scurvy.

The weather has finally turned. The air conditioning was on this time last week. But yesterday Mom called to have me light the pilot light for her gas logs in the fireplace at the Big House.

Many, many years ago in early December Mom decreed that this was the weekend to climb into the attic to retrieve the Christmas decorations. And so, we did.

Mom set the mood by lighting the fire in the fireplace which was, at that time, set up to burn actual logs. While Pop and my brother and I dragged out the boxes marked "Christmas", Mom took the boxes marked "Orlando's Pizza" and used them to ignite our festive fire.

Soon a sound not associated with the usual sound of apple and cherry logs crackling on the hearth alarmed all of us. It was a roar coming from the wall that foretold a disaster in the making. Last year's build up of creosote in the flue took the sparks from the greasy pizza boxes and threatened the worst for the Big House!

The firemen arrived lickity split armed with a chain, a metal basket, several old bricks and a large piece of burlap. They put the bricks into the basket, wrapped it with burlap, attached the chain and doused the whole mechanism with water. From the roof, they lowered the soaking burlap wrapped basket down the chimney knocking off the flaming creosote to the fireplace in the Great Room.

We thanked the crew and offered up the coffee, cocoa and cookies we had placed out to reward ourselves after decking our halls with boughs of holly.

The creosote fire left traces of itself behind. Every surface had black soot and every breath drawn inside betrayed the evidence of our Yuletide disaster. That just would not do! So, rather than decorating for Christmas that day, we were pressed into an early 'Spring cleaning'. Everything was scrubbed and vacuumed and polished. The doors and windows were flung open to air out the place. By the evening, we collapsed into the furniture exhausted.

But the decorations were still upstairs in boxes marked 'Christmas'. They were tackled the next day. But this time, no cheery fire was built to warm our spirits. Mom and Pop retrofitted the fireplace with gas logs as their Christmas gift to one another.

Last edited:
Knowing that I have a lot of cabinets and counter/table tops to make I figured it was time to tune up my old, portable table saw. It's an old, cheap Skilsaw I bought maybe 15 years ago and has seen a lot of work. The blade would only go 2 degrees shy of 90 degrees and the rip fence is cheap, a bit of a pain to make it square to the blade plus the crosscut guide is basically worthless.
Turned it upside down and started playing around, pushed down on the motor and the blade popped back into 90 degrees...... That worked. Next I have to construct my own rip fence and construct a crosscut sled. It also needs a good cleaning....... :D

Last edited:

View attachment 283365

Probably can't find any reasonably priced anywhere, but the guys in the boat need pirate hats and a skull flag. :)

We went to Pappadeaux for lunch. Beautiful restaurant with all the amenities, but IMO overpriced for the quality of the food. And extremely noisy. But the company was good. Once every three months we meet with a small group of my high school classmates that live here locally. But we'll meet in a more affordable and tranquil, if less fancy, restaurant in January.

Forum List

Back