USMB Coffee Shop IV

Have I ever mentioned that I will eat just about anything and will at least try something without turning my nose up to something new?

He had the liver made into Braunschweiger and gave me a five lb log of the stuff.

But that is gross... :puke:
Moose liver wurst? Nah, that's a matter of taste. The guy in town who makes this stuff is an old world Kraut who makes all his meat products just like they did back home. Closest you can get to good German wurst this side of the Atlantic, IMHO.

So begins another weekend for me. I got an hour and a half overtime, which I need to help cover the pard's loss of income. Then I went by the house in Anchorage and rebuilt the steps up to the porch. They've been on the partner's to-do list for several years. He's been doing better and I promised to take him to town this week so he can soak in a hot bath. Bucket baths get you clean but are not nearly as satisfying to some people as a tub full of hot water.
One of my buddies shot a big moose. He had the liver made into Braunschweiger and gave me a five lb log of the stuff. I'll be breaking it down into smaller portions and freezing some for later. Liver wurst on rye with sliced onions and coarse ground mustard...mmmm, mmmm!

Baths are great but if they had hot showers like a hot tub OMG eh?
I don't take baths, too much like wallowing in your own filth. But a hot shower with some pressure behind it, now that's right up my alley.

i love you

Oh GW I have been forced to eat Braunschweig one to many times in my life... Its not that it is a moose, it is the taste of LIVER that I find appalling... Liver is really the only thing that my taster will not slide down my gullet...

Which reminds me, I have a couple of grape vines in the back yard, obviously came with the house. Unfortunately we've had a good amount of rain otherwise they'd be dead by now and fairly easy to remove. Now I have to hack em back and hit em with some root killer.
The Red Maple in the back is almost dead though, that's a good thing, looks like it may have been planted withing the last couple of years as have to regular Maples up front, one is (unfortunately) thriving the other is half dead........

It sounds like you've settled down old friend, no moves for a while I'm thinkin. All the best to you and yours Ringel.

I added a lot of top soil and steer manure to the garden last fall, huge improvement but still not quite there with the corn. Top soil and manure are pretty cheap this time of year and I like to add most soil amendments this time of year.
Yeah, we've settled down for now......, maybe forever, well see. I've got a lot of work to do on this old house (it's my age)...... :lol:
At this time the yard is secondary to the house, the back yard at least. Still trying to get the wife to get rid of stuff but she's resisting so I simply back off. Of course that means I'm going to have to find funds and materials to build a shed in the back for storage, fairly soon.

With my wife it's her books that keep following us around otherwise she pretty good about getting rid of stuff.Sounds like quite a challenge (lots of work) you got going on there.

Which reminds me, I have a couple of grape vines in the back yard, obviously came with the house. Unfortunately we've had a good amount of rain otherwise they'd be dead by now and fairly easy to remove. Now I have to hack em back and hit em with some root killer.
The Red Maple in the back is almost dead though, that's a good thing, looks like it may have been planted withing the last couple of years as have to regular Maples up front, one is (unfortunately) thriving the other is half dead........

It sounds like you've settled down old friend, no moves for a while I'm thinkin. All the best to you and yours Ringel.

I added a lot of top soil and steer manure to the garden last fall, huge improvement but still not quite there with the corn. Top soil and manure are pretty cheap this time of year and I like to add most soil amendments this time of year.
Yeah, we've settled down for now......, maybe forever, well see. I've got a lot of work to do on this old house (it's my age)...... :lol:
At this time the yard is secondary to the house, the back yard at least. Still trying to get the wife to get rid of stuff but she's resisting so I simply back off. Of course that means I'm going to have to find funds and materials to build a shed in the back for storage, fairly soon.

With my wife it's her books that keep following us around otherwise she pretty good about getting rid of stuff.Sounds like quite a challenge (lots of work) you got going on there.
At one time we had about 150 boxes of books we where hauling, she finally culled it down to around 45 boxes and just last week went through many of those and we have another 6 boxes we're donating. My book collection took up 3 boxes........., small boxes.......

73012014_2461996403888359_5320215228376416256_n.jpg

At one time we had about 150 boxes of books we where hauling, she finally culled it down to around 45 boxes and just last week went through many of those and we have another 6 boxes we're donating. My book collection took up 3 boxes........., small boxes.......

Have you read them all?

Have you read them all?
all of those and the 20 some odd boxes I got rid of before we left Virginia.

Have you read them all?

Next question would be: titles and authors.

Have you read them all?

Marvel Comics?

Have you read them all?

Mostly American history, colonial period, French and Indian War (Seven Years War to you), Revolutionary War, westward exploration and expansion, Civil War, Mexican American War and WW II books. Authors....... Good question, that was 7+ years ago. As to the ones I have now, almost all WW II, I could look up the authors and books if you're interested. Most of what I read now is grocery labels....... :eusa_whistle:

Have you read them all?

Marvel Comics?
Nah, I just watch the movies........

Oh GW I have been forced to eat Braunschweig one to many times in my life... Its not that it is a moose, it is the taste of LIVER that I find appalling... Liver is really the only thing that my taster will not slide down my gullet...
I am no fan of liver but a good Braunschweiger is worth its weight... Of course, I cannot eat it just any time, it is a "special" thing. That's why a 5 lb log is so overwhelming.

When I sold my big house, I had to divest myself of so many books. I still have many boxes of the things, though. Most of the paperbacks went but I still have most of the hard bound volumes, especially the leather bound books are difficult to get rid of.

Have you read them all?

Mostly American history, colonial period, French and Indian War (Seven Years War to you), Revolutionary War, westward exploration and expansion, Civil War, Mexican American War and WW II books. Authors....... Good question, that was 7+ years ago. As to the ones I have now, almost all WW II, I could look up the authors and books if you're interested. Most of what I read now is grocery labels....... :eusa_whistle:

No fiction?

French Indian War. I visited Fort Necessity once.

Have you read them all?

No fiction?

French Indian War. I visited Fort Necessity once.
Eons ago I had a whole library of sci fi and fantasy books some of which I read so many times the books fell apart in my hands...... :lol:
After that it was all school related, history, psych, sociology and cultural anthropology, keep reading different ones off and on until our world kind of crumbled in 2012.
I also still have a few good construction books but as more of these become available on the internet I find my need for real books rapidly waning.

I was just outside getting a blow job...........

It's really windy.

Get your minds out of the gutter.

:D

My mind's in the shed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_shed

Men's sheds originated from the shed in a backyard scenario, where a man would go and carry out tasks, such as restoring furniture or fixing lawn mowers. The first men's shed (by that name) was opened in Tongala, Victoria, Australia on July 26, 1998.

Lawn mowers; lol.

Well the guys got back late this afternoon.
They said the guy was humbled and impressed at how many showed up for him.
It was a very beautiful day for them to ride.
Good for the guys. Amazing how people can pull together when they want, or need, to. It gladdens my day to know they had a good time making someone else feel better.
How are you doing, Peach?

Very tired and sore right now ,but the old place is starting to look good and newer again. :)
Tired and sore is not too bad when you have something to show for it. And I enjoy that physical tiredness after a day of honest labor. It's the tiredness that comes from stress and frustration that comes from having too much to do, no time to do it, and no one seems to appreciate your situation. Does it help when your guy goes riding, leaving you to do your thing? Or would you prefer he stay and help you?

In our marriage we have always had our separate times with friends, without each other.
Then we have our social gatherings we do together.
Mr. P can't help he has MS.
That's why he hired our good handyman to this ,but sadly he only got the garage and utility room almost finished before he died.
Now I'm doing it .
We had another handyman who did one thing which was repaint the side of the house that gets the sun all day, then he said he could do all we wanted done ,but hasn't showed up to even finish the garage.
It brings up the old saying, it's so hard to get good help. :)

Forum List

Back