USMB Coffee Shop IV

upload_2019-10-7_20-2-35.png

Had my leftover Shepard's Shit for dinner....... :thup:

Well, I hope it was tasty but is that supposed to be a variation of Shepherds Pie??
Yup.

1 lb ground beef (cooked)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 empty soup can of water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, whatever your hardened arteries desire
1 small bag frozen green beans
Salt, pepper and onion powder to taste (You can use sauteed, dice onions if you wish)
Tater Tots

Pre-heat oven to 350, cook up your ground beef, mix everything but the Tater Tots in a large, shallow casserole dish, layer Tater Tots over the top, cook for one hour.

Well, I hope it was tasty but is that supposed to be a variation of Shepherds Pie??
Yup.

1/2 cup sour cream
Salt, pepper and onion powder to taste (You can use sauteed, dice onions if you wish)
Tater Tots

Pre-heat oven to 350, cook up your ground beef, mix everything but the Tater Tots in a large, shallow casserole dish, layer Tater Tots over the top, cook for one hour.

sounds like Tater Tot Casserole......it's good

Yup.

1/2 cup sour cream
Tater Tots

sounds like Tater Tot Casserole......it's good
I give my weird creations "different" names........ I make a Tex-Mex dish I call Mexican Glop. :D

th

It was an interesting day... Both the ex and I filled out Anatomical-Gift-Donation- Forms for the Medical School at the University of Hawaii... Thank God and little green apples for pdf. If accepted basically they do what ever the hell they want to with the body and then cremate... Then the fun begins... They put you in really nice urn and take you on a Boat ride... Throw lei's in the water and you become fish food... All this for the rock bottom price of nothing...
This is something I have never done before...

th

th

It was an interesting day... Both the ex and I filled out Anatomical-Gift-Donation- Forms for the Medical School at the University of Hawaii... Thank God and little green apples for pdf. If accepted basically they do what ever the hell they want to with the body and then cremate... Then the fun begins... They put you in really nice urn and take you on a Boat ride... Throw lei's in the water and you become fish food... All this for the rock bottom price of nothing...
This is something I have never done before...

th
Hey!

Free trip to Hawaii!

When Pop died early in the morning of April 4, 2008 we came back to the Big House to make plans. By 9:30 that morning the phone rang from the coroner's office with a request to 'recycle' Pop by donating his corneas, long bones and skin. Through our tears we all agreed that this is the right and fitting thing to do.

At Christmas that year, a short 8 months later, Mom got a letter from one of Pop's former employees. He was the recipient of Pop's corneas! Small world. We barely remembered him as his tenure at the print shop was short. He was, to say the least, grateful for Pop's last gift to him and we were grateful to hear of the gift of sight that was granted to him.

The letter certainly took some of the grief we were experiencing that first Christmas without Pop.

Do ya'll have your Halloween tree up yet?

Katze-versteckt-sich-im-Weihnachtsbaum.gif

Mr. P saw the heart Doc today and he said his heart device kicked in on July for a tenth of a second.
He will be going to the Hospital for a day procedure to check it out.
Doc says he may need a stint put in if it's a clot, he has had two blood clots in the past in one of his legs.
He wants to check and for sure what's going on. He also said it could be nothing and it's just one of those things that happens every once in a while.
At the time it happened it was late in the afternoon.
Mr. P said that's when him and a friend were in Tucson. The Doc lit into him and said never go out in the heat in the afternoon.

Never mind that I have been telling him that. :45:

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
007's cold
Mrs. Ringel05 for good results and comfort with new meds.
Gallantwarrior for strength, patience, healing, comfort in his challenge with caring for Rod and Rod's healing.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
Gracie for wellness.
Peach's Mr. P for a good checkup.
Did we miss anybody? Jog my memory please.

And we keep the porch light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

A shot of a Balloon Fiesta event taken by one of our local weathermen yesterday morning (also autumn in New Mexico):
72179520_10212572647391016_2269123645878042624_n.jpg

Another gray day. This is so much more typical for this time of year. At least the wild fire season has ended.
Got another half cord of wood stashed yesterday. Still a lot to cut, split, and stack, too. I am feeling more comfortable with what I do have, though...thanks to my brother's efforts!
The partner gets to go back to town this afternoon. He's doing much better but I doubt he'll get clearance to drive yet. As soon as he can drive, he gets the keys to his car of choice and he's off on his own. Being a rather solitary beast, I will welcome my privacy and lack of constant (two-legged) company.
I hope y'all are doing well. My best wishes are out for all my CS friends and I thank all of you for your continued support.

And decorations for Halloween have begun at my house... A week late actually.View attachment 283133

Woo hoo Ollie. I've missed your destination worthy Halloween decorations. They are always awesome!

Has to be different every year, Mayor came over yesterday to comment... I am progressing..
View attachment 283365
Do kids actually come to your place for treats? I'd be pretty cautious if I were out and about. Great job!

I've had kids cross the street to stay away from my house.... Others that make parents come up the steps with them...

What kind of goodies to you distribute? I'd go for some nice, chewy, gooey candies. I used to love popcorn balls but they frown on home made things nowadays. Up here, it's usually so cold by Halloween that the local retailers put together and sponsor indoor "Trick-o-Treat" parties.
Decorating yards is tricky, too, because it might just snow. My daughter would love your spreads, though. She usually goes all out for Halloween.

Forum List

Back