USMB Coffee Shop IV

Always indulge myself with this one, when Stateside.

Unavailable in Europe.

key%2Blime%2Bpie%2BCollage%2B1.png
I discovered a looooong time ago that I hate the taste of lime, in anything.

Today I am 67 years young, lol. And, I feel 106 but plan to ignore that today and just laze about doing nothing. Oh. Wait. I do that whether its my birthday or not, lol.

Still...I think I will binge watch something, snack all day, and stay in my jammies. :D

I've done all the printing/form filling for the new job; they sent me the official offer today. I have orientation on Nov. 4, assuming no problems before then (I don't know why there would be any). I'll be putting in my 2 weeks notice at the current job on Monday. Barring some sort of offer from the current job beyond what I would expect (and for a different position, I really need to stop doing what I'm doing, it's giving me too much pain in my hand/thumb), I'll be getting into something medical in a few weeks.

I was originally expecting a second shift position with an 8% pay differential, but I may actually be third shift with a 12% differential. That would work out to about an extra 0.52 an hour.

I just hope this works out well, as I do get along with my co-workers and supervisors at my current job.

Usually people who get along well in one environment will get along just as well in a different environment, but I do understand leaving a job where you enjoy the people if not necessarily the work. Hopefully your new job will have good people and you will really enjoy the work. Such people are truly blessed.

Today I am 67 years young, lol. And, I feel 106 but plan to ignore that today and just laze about doing nothing. Oh. Wait. I do that whether its my birthday or not, lol.

Still...I think I will binge watch something, snack all day, and stay in my jammies. :D

Sound good. We are having that kind of day. Thought we would be meeting with my cousin and her family from Texas who are in town for the Balloon Fiesta today, but she just texted and said their schedule is just too tight and they'll be leaving early in the morning. So oh well. We'll catch them next time.

But your special day should not go unnoted either Grace :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE!!!

final+tagged.jpg

Gracie you aren't anywhere near that big California fire are you?
lol. Which one? But no...we are not near fires. Thankfully. I've had my fill of them.

Anywho...back to Supernatural. Second episode, season 1. Hope it gets better cuz I'm fixing to find something else to binge. :)

lol. Which one? But no...we are not near fires. Thankfully. I've had my fill of them.

Anywho...back to Supernatural. Second episode, season 1. Hope it gets better cuz I'm fixing to find something else to binge. :)

Have you been keeping up with "The Good Doctor" series? I rarely watch anything but news or competition shows and/or an occasional documentary on TV, but I do like that one.

What kind of goodies to you distribute? I'd go for some nice, chewy, gooey candies. I used to love popcorn balls but they frown on home made things nowadays. Up here, it's usually so cold by Halloween that the local retailers put together and sponsor indoor "Trick-o-Treat" parties.
Decorating yards is tricky, too, because it might just snow. My daughter would love your spreads, though. She usually goes all out for Halloween.
That is exactly what is done up here in Maine! It;s too cold and homes are too far apart and even snow on the ground already on some years.... plus bitter wind!

We have a mall about 35 miles from here that puts on an event for the kids, plus local businesses do too!

In my local area, the mom and pop movie theater one town over, puts on a Halloween party.... and there is a left over huge military fort from yesteryear that gets turned in to a haunted house not too far away that kids come from a 50 mile radius to visit!

Mainers really love their holidays up here! They decorate their homes for all of them! Halloween, T-Day, Christmas etc makes winter fun for their kids,,,,

Hey Care!!! So good to see you back in the Coffee Shop!

New Mexicans love their holidays too, though almost all have our rather unique New Mexican/Mexican/Spanish influences which are kind of neat.

When it comes to Halloween I'm rather torn. Almost all the churches and several other community facilities are having "trunk and treat" events on Halloween--everybody decorates the trunks of their cars in big parking lots and distribute candy to the kids in costume who roam among them followed by a neighborhood party for the kids inside. Much safer for the kids than being out in many of the neighborhoods any more. Our neighborhood is okay but there are those that are not.

So after decades of decorating our porch and distributing candy to the neighborhood kids we are now torn. Do we keep encouraging that when it isn't safe everywhere? Or close down the home place and encourage them to visit the trunk and treat events?

In Sgt Ollie's small town, I'm sure it is perfectly safe for the kids.

But for us, we'll make that decision soon.
That is such a hard call!!!

It's a darn shame that kids today aren't able to experience the fun of it! Going door to door, not knowing if this house or next house will have your favorite candy...!!! The one on one human interaction and smiles of the TREAT Giver...

Bad Apples, spoil the bunch... as the saying goes.... (razor apples)

the bad apple actors, took the fun and Holiday as it was, away...

the bad apples won... and I hate that!!! They changed the good guys, through a form of domestic terrorism... the razors in apples thing etc

I think if it were me in your boots, I'd continue doing your decorating and TREAT thing... make it fun for them, and let the parents make the choice, for their kids! I'd be opened for business until there is no kid standing!
:D
My parents were relieved when we older children were too "old" to go out in costume but we could accompany the younger kids while they went door-to-door. It is rather sad that it has gotten so risky for kids to go out on their own. Alas, we adapt and adjust to meet the new norms. Off to the mall we go, or maybe go "trunk-or-treating"?

I've done all the printing/form filling for the new job; they sent me the official offer today. I have orientation on Nov. 4, assuming no problems before then (I don't know why there would be any). I'll be putting in my 2 weeks notice at the current job on Monday. Barring some sort of offer from the current job beyond what I would expect (and for a different position, I really need to stop doing what I'm doing, it's giving me too much pain in my hand/thumb), I'll be getting into something medical in a few weeks.

I was originally expecting a second shift position with an 8% pay differential, but I may actually be third shift with a 12% differential. That would work out to about an extra 0.52 an hour.

I just hope this works out well, as I do get along with my co-workers and supervisors at my current job.
Good luck, Montro! Now you're climbing the corporate ladder, joining the rat race. Poor kid!

Cut purple strips into measured logs all morning long. Got tired of blue, red, brown and green, I guess. Anyway, with the other quilts done yesterday and the week before, the stack is still at 7 quilt tops to take to charity bees, and for some reason, I couldn't locate the purple fabrics I know I had around here somewhere for the border to all-purple logs. Since nobody else has figured out how much fun it is to do 1-color monochrome quilts in log cabin style, I can't find anything online that compares to these quilts. They're just eye candy when you do a monochrome log quilt top, and everyone takes them first to take home and quilt. I'm still not able to do much quilting, and even when I do, if the quilt is a little large, well, it gets set aside because it's too heavy. I worked on arm muscles at the Iron works gym, but it takes back muscles, too, and my fibromyalgia case of 15-17 years pretty much did in my muscles. I'm just glad the pain's gone after parathyroid surgery recent years back. The immune and other issues are still there, but that much pain is like having the world lifted off your shoulders when its cause is found and the pain just goes away. The quilts bring a lot of joy to me, and I uncovered some just heavenly turquoise strips while I was looking for more purple scraps to make into logs this morning and afternoon. These blocks have 7 sizes of logs to cut, and 1-6 are used double. All I have to do on the purple quilt now is to find that other box of purple fabrics and pick a border fabric, because the 20 7" squares are sewn together into a 4x5 rectangle that measures about 20x35 before the 2 or 3 borders are put on. The last 3 quilts had 3 borders each, so hopefully when I'm done posting, I will try and find a pretty purple floral or kid border. There are enough pieces left in the box of purple logs to make another baby quilt, but it will take an entire day to put the blocks together. Been listening to a Carly Simon song, and it's just so pretty I'm going to leave it here if you'd care to hear it. It's very relaxing. :)

You manage to stay busy and productive all the time. I wish I had the energy!

Always indulge myself with this one, when Stateside.

Unavailable in Europe.

key%2Blime%2Bpie%2BCollage%2B1.png

My fave, too! I'm not much into pies but I can always manage to stuff a piece of Key lime pie down the hatch.

I'm more like Ringel: I like a lot of pies. PIE! :D

I don't eat pecan, and I'm not a huge fan of key lime. The basic fruits are all really good, and I love pumpkin pie.

Cut purple strips into measured logs all morning long. Got tired of blue, red, brown and green, I guess. Anyway, with the other quilts done yesterday and the week before, the stack is still at 7 quilt tops to take to charity bees, and for some reason, I couldn't locate the purple fabrics I know I had around here somewhere for the border to all-purple logs. Since nobody else has figured out how much fun it is to do 1-color monochrome quilts in log cabin style, I can't find anything online that compares to these quilts. They're just eye candy when you do a monochrome log quilt top, and everyone takes them first to take home and quilt. I'm still not able to do much quilting, and even when I do, if the quilt is a little large, well, it gets set aside because it's too heavy. I worked on arm muscles at the Iron works gym, but it takes back muscles, too, and my fibromyalgia case of 15-17 years pretty much did in my muscles. I'm just glad the pain's gone after parathyroid surgery recent years back. The immune and other issues are still there, but that much pain is like having the world lifted off your shoulders when its cause is found and the pain just goes away. The quilts bring a lot of joy to me, and I uncovered some just heavenly turquoise strips while I was looking for more purple scraps to make into logs this morning and afternoon. These blocks have 7 sizes of logs to cut, and 1-6 are used double. All I have to do on the purple quilt now is to find that other box of purple fabrics and pick a border fabric, because the 20 7" squares are sewn together into a 4x5 rectangle that measures about 20x35 before the 2 or 3 borders are put on. The last 3 quilts had 3 borders each, so hopefully when I'm done posting, I will try and find a pretty purple floral or kid border. There are enough pieces left in the box of purple logs to make another baby quilt, but it will take an entire day to put the blocks together. Been listening to a Carly Simon song, and it's just so pretty I'm going to leave it here if you'd care to hear it. It's very relaxing. :)

You manage to stay busy and productive all the time. I wish I had the energy!

Thanks, Gallantwarrior. The purple quilt is done. Finished it about 10 am or a little after this morning, then went and made a cup of coffee to celebrate the 8th quilt in the stack. Just two more to go. Not gonna worry about it though. Off to Friday night Karaoke. I have 5 Carly Simon Songs ready to go, and one the Doors. Oh, cancel all that! I haven't done Ringo Starr's La De Da in a while, and it's totally fun. A lot of people don't know his work. It's upbeat and fun. And his drumming put the Beatles in the all-time-best category. Go Ringo!!!

What's good to binge watch?

Have you been keeping up with "The Good Doctor" series? I rarely watch anything but news or competition shows and/or an occasional documentary on TV, but I do like that one.
I started with Call The Midwife. Like it so far, and its been non stop since this afternoon, lol.

Forum List

Back