USMB Coffee Shop IV

Finally got to see the endo/colon doc. Been a long assed wait, too! All is well. No more colitis but I do have diverticulosis. No polyps, no nothing. Said my throat was "stretched" and craped which is why it hurt so long. Other than that...no problems found. Said I MIGHT have celiac disease and wants a blood test..to which I semi declined. I don't really care, and have no problems eating breads and whatnot. So maybe later, I said. Over all...clean bill.

Meanwhile..I have held off announcing it because I STILL won't believe its happening until it actually does...but....Just before MrG went into the hospital..home called. We are now #3 on the wait list and had to get a buttload of info ready for the apartment. Manager called today to walk us thru the plethora of paperwork, and it was a 1 & 1/2 meeting via the phone. We got everything filled out and now..we wait some more. She said nobody has given notice yet, but will by spring which is usually when they give notice...and when that happens..be ready to pack up and finally go home. But like I said..I won't believe it until I get the call that says "you apartment will be ready on the first of the month...send the deposit". THEN I will believe it. :)

What great news. Both the medical and the news that you may get the housing you have been wanting. I have diverticulosis too but it doesn't seem to bother me and I don't have to avoid any of the foods they say I shouldn't tolerate well.

I love a loaded baked potato (with sour cream, bacon, scallions, cheese). They don't like me very much though! :razz: I get a TERRIBLE bellyache/indigestion from them, and I don't have diverticulosis. For me, some foods are just heavy and sit in my belly like a stone. I still eat them sometimes though and deal with a bellyache! Lol!
Most likely it's an intolerance as opposed to an allergy to something in the loaded baked potatoes, most likely the sour cream. I have that reaction with bananas.
How are you with other milk products? Same lead in the stomach feeling?

Mr. P is doing very well and he will be moved from ICU tomorrow into a reg. Hospital room for a few days before he goes into rehab.
If his MS is under control ,he may not even have to go there.

The Doctor talked to us and said that the 3/4 of his dead heart is now a big aneurysm and that the x rays did not see it , until he got in there.
He said that being in dead heart muscle ,that's it's very rare if any muscle would break off and form a clot, but it could happen. It's not like a artery or a vein aneurysm.

It sounds to me like Mr. P is a ticking time bomb. :eek-52:
We will see the Doc. again for his follow up appointment ,so we will learn more about it then.

Finally got to see the endo/colon doc. Been a long assed wait, too! All is well. No more colitis but I do have diverticulosis. No polyps, no nothing. Said my throat was "stretched" and craped which is why it hurt so long. Other than that...no problems found. Said I MIGHT have celiac disease and wants a blood test..to which I semi declined. I don't really care, and have no problems eating breads and whatnot. So maybe later, I said. Over all...clean bill.

Meanwhile..I have held off announcing it because I STILL won't believe its happening until it actually does...but....Just before MrG went into the hospital..home called. We are now #3 on the wait list and had to get a buttload of info ready for the apartment. Manager called today to walk us thru the plethora of paperwork, and it was a 1 & 1/2 meeting via the phone. We got everything filled out and now..we wait some more. She said nobody has given notice yet, but will by spring which is usually when they give notice...and when that happens..be ready to pack up and finally go home. But like I said..I won't believe it until I get the call that says "you apartment will be ready on the first of the month...send the deposit". THEN I will believe it. :)

What great news. Both the medical and the news that you may get the housing you have been wanting. I have diverticulosis too but it doesn't seem to bother me and I don't have to avoid any of the foods they say I shouldn't tolerate well.

I love a loaded baked potato (with sour cream, bacon, scallions, cheese). They don't like me very much though! :razz: I get a TERRIBLE bellyache/indigestion from them, and I don't have diverticulosis. For me, some foods are just heavy and sit in my belly like a stone. I still eat them sometimes though and deal with a bellyache! Lol!
Most likely it's an intolerance as opposed to an allergy to something in the loaded baked potatoes, most likely the sour cream. I have that reaction with bananas.

Could be the sour cream, or maybe just the whole combination. I can't recall milk or other dairy products giving me an upset stomach. I don't drink a whole lot of milk though. Another thing that does bother my stomach is chocolate, but only if I eat a lot of it. I've eaten a whole family size bag of M&M's before though! Probably shouldn't do that. Lol! Sometimes, my dietary habits are not that great. :oops:

Mr. P is doing very well and he will be moved from ICU tomorrow into a reg. Hospital room for a few days before he goes into rehab.

The Doctor talked to us and said that the 3/4 of his dead heart is now a big aneurysm and that the x rays did not see it , until he got in there.
He said that being in dead heart muscle ,that's it's very rare if any muscle would break off and form a clot, but it could happen. It's not like a artery or a vein aneurysm.

We will see the Doc. again for his follow up appointment ,so we will learn more about it then.

My goodness. That poor man. Sending love and hugs and best wishes to you and Mr. P. I hope he isn't in any pain at least.

upload_2020-1-31_21-58-7.png

My goodness. That poor man. Sending love and hugs and best wishes to you and Mr. P. I hope he isn't in any pain at least.

He had bypass surgery so yes he is in some pain, but it's being monitored by pain killers.
There is no pain with his aneurysm though, if that was what you might have been asking about. :)

He had bypass surgery so yes he is in some pain, but it's being monitored by pain killers.
There is no pain with his aneurysm though, if that was what you might have been asking about. :)

Hopefully he heals up quickly. This all must be so stressful for the both of you. :(

Could be the sour cream, or maybe just the whole combination. I can't recall milk or other dairy products giving me an upset stomach. I don't drink a whole lot of milk though. Another thing that does bother my stomach is chocolate, but only if I eat a lot of it. I've eaten a whole family size bag of M&M's before though! Probably shouldn't do that. Lol! Sometimes, my dietary habits are not that great. :oops:

I get that way with Goldfish. I just keep putting them in my mouth, over and over....then I realize I've been eating them for 20 minutes non-stop. :lol:

Forum List

Back