USMB Coffee Shop IV

I got to spent quite a lot of time with baby Alexander yesterday, just holding him between boob times. It's all cute stink-face, kinda smiles, wobble head and sleepy time with that little sweetheart.

I'm passing on the diaper changes so far (women are so much better at that kinda stuff..:eusa_shifty:.) but I did notice that the chubby up is coming along rather well.

I got to spent quite a lot of time with baby Alexander yesterday, just holding him between boob times. It's all cute stink-face, kinda smiles, wobble head and sleepy time with that little sweetheart.

I'm passing on the diaper changes so far (women are so much better at that kinda stuff..:eusa_shifty:.) but I did notice that the chubby up is coming along rather well.

Lol! When my son was born, we used to wake him up just so that we could play with him sometimes and fight over who got to hold him! Babies are so precious.

Is this your baby, or a friend or relative's baby?

Lol! When my son was born, we used to wake him up just so that we could play with him sometimes and fight over who got to hold him! Babies are so precious.

My second daughter and her family, it's Grampa time and yes babies are precious indeed.

My second daughter and her family, it's Grampa time and yes babies are precious indeed.

Ohhh, I can't wait to be a grandma some day. :D

Mr. P is doing very well.
They moved him from ICU to the heart care unit and he'll be there for 3 or 4 days.
Then they are sending him to the rehab building that is behind the hospital. He will be there for a week or so before he comes home again.

He had a triple bypass surgery and they collapsed his lung and went in under his ribs.
It's not as invasive as splitting his breast bone.
He is continuing to get stronger every day. :)
It looks like he can continue to do his everyday activities as before and his aneurysm will be monitored and controlled with drugs.
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

I'm glad things are working out so well Peach. They had me walking around within 3 days which was a drag (yet very important) I wanted more time for lucid dreaming. I'm not much on drugs but wow that part was actually fun.

Last edited:

I'm thinking you'll be great at it...

I love being Grampa but my official title is Papa.

I'm thinking you'll be great at it...

I love being Grampa but my official title is Papa.

That is what my son called his grandfather (my dad) too!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

Tomorrow is Ground Hog Day.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Jackson for wellness.
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Beautress for wellness.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and stresses of caring for the animals.
Gracie and Mr. G. for continued progress for solutions.
Peach's Mr. P for continued progress, healing, and recovery.
Our thoughts and prayers are with SFC Ollie and family in the passing of his son-in-law

And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back, and we rejoice when they do.
th

It is Groundhog Day.

Punxutawney Phil did not see his shadow in Pennyslvania this morning. Any groundhog out and about in New Mexico absolutely did under our cloudless bright blue skies today that will give way to clouds, at least rain, possible snow, and plummeting temperatures by tomorrow night into Tuesday.

But Spring is coming! (in 6 weeks)

3KBUHUHID5FQBHR737POPK25GU.jpg

Last edited:
Today is 2-02-2020, the only palindrome of the year. It is also Groundhog Day.

Punxutawney Phil did not see his shadow in Pennyslvania this morning. Any groundhog out and about in New Mexico absolutely did under our cloudless bright blue skies today that will give way to clouds, at least rain, possible snow, and plummeting temperatures by tomorrow night into Tuesday.

But Spring is coming! (in 6 weeks)

3KBUHUHID5FQBHR737POPK25GU.jpg

I hope the groundhog is right!

Saved another life Friday night. I count 4 that stick in my memory over 30 some yrs behind the wheel. 2 were just stupid and selfish. One was unlucky and the other was unaware of the danger they were in. Friday it was a bicyclist riding thru a red light in the fast lane as I crested the exit ramp at speed on the green swinging into what should have been a gentle right turn only to see dumbass right in front of me. Managed to miss him but he had to do a one legged tap dance on the median to keep from falling over which probably would have been bad,. Watched as I headed on down the hill to be sure I had totally missed him. He didnt throw the bird so I'm guessing he knew it was his fault.

Completed the Stripey quilt this afternoon. It was started last week. It has tomato soup narrow stripes between lime green, blue, and turquoise jellyroll cuties, and it is bordered with a turquoise and royal blue blended geologie print that is true eye candy. I pray each child who gets one of the 8 quilts in the stack now have good lives and love their parents always. Some of them become orphans after birth. Praying for good things to happen for and by others is the joy of my life. I have 2 more almost ready. I had to stop working on the red and white brick one to locate another 30 prints. I found them. I still didn't look in the room where I used to keep red prints. who knows? No, this is a kid quilt. it will be big enough with the next 4 rows added. Plus I cut enough bricks to make 2 more quilts or double the length of this one by cutting 3 ~ 3xx5.5" bricks from each 3" x 42" strip. I have a lot of 3" strips left over, about 25" or more or less long. Some of the bricks came from 21" strips from fat quarters.

Then, it wouldn't be a charm quilt (meaning each brick would have to be a different print.) We'll see how this works out. And the other one is the anything-goes postage stamp one. All that one needs is 2 borders. That keeps the multiple hidden selvages from altering the smoothness of borders without selvages, if they are wide enough. A postage stamp quilt that is haphazardly made is a headache for the quilter. I want none of that for anybody else. Even so, I probably redid 35 blocks when I stopped using pins. I finally figured it out--either spend a month repairing uneven seams or use pins. I chose pins. :rolleyes: No brainer!

Sorry I didn't get to read much here, I was working on my quilt thread to find small projects for bazaars. My friend's church fundraiser is about 4 months away. If I do 1 or more small item per week, that's a dozen or so piddly things to put on their charity tables, and my friend said not many of them sew or even own a sewing machine. And she just got married a couple of months back after being widowed for 20 years or more. So she and her new husband put their foot down about no gifts at the wedding, so this is to even the score. :muahaha:

They're a pair of sweetie pies, always doing good things for other people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back