USMB Coffee Shop IV

Record heat in the north this weekend, and grossly humid...
View attachment 497449
Except for Grand Marais up on Lake Superior in the 50's. The wind off the chilly lake frequently keeps that area much cooler.
85 in Albuquerque at this hour. Will have to hurry to get to the forecast high of 96 today. We are forecast to be in the mid 90's for highs all week which is typical for June in central New Mexico. June is often our hottest month as we get the monsoon early in July and the accompanying afternoon clouds help moderate the high temps. The monsoon usually exits in early September.

View attachment 497449
Except for Grand Maris up on Lake Superior in the 50's. The wind off the chilly lake frequently keeps that area much cooler.
Lot of 90s up there. It's been pleasant in the great Piney Woods region of the Lone Star State with...<drumroll>...more rain.
Tomorrow is supposed to be 99 and humid. Just last week we had the 40's.
Nothing like easing into summer.
Next up the mosquitoes that carry small pets away.
Kinda like when I lived in Northern Virginia. The humidity levels would get up to nearly the temperature levels. At least here in the southwest when it hits a hundred + the humidity levels are usually below 35%.
I remember when I was in Phoenix that 90 degrees didn't feel all that bad in the dry air.
The humidity here makes it hard to breathe and you sweat with no effort, so your clothes get damp and stick to you providing no cooling effect.

Same in Kansas when we lived there. It could be 90f with near 100% humidity at midnight. Brutal.

View attachment 497449
Except for Grand Maris up on Lake Superior in the 50's. The wind off the chilly lake frequently keeps that area much cooler.
Lot of 90s up there. It's been pleasant in the great Piney Woods region of the Lone Star State with...<drumroll>...more rain.
Kinda like when I lived in Northern Virginia. The humidity levels would get up to nearly the temperature levels. At least here in the southwest when it hits a hundred + the humidity levels are usually below 35%.
I remember when I was in Phoenix that 90 degrees didn't feel all that bad in the dry air.
The humidity here makes it hard to breathe and you sweat with no effort, so your clothes get damp and stick to you providing no cooling effect.
It was that way when we lived in El Paso, it could hit 95 and still be comfortable with just a couple of fans. Of course the El Paso natives put on cold weather clothing if it got below 60 degrees.........

View attachment 497449

Same in Kansas when we lived there. It could be 90f with near 100% humidity at midnight. Brutal.
I am a fellow Kansan,,when you were there,did you ever take in a Royals game by chance?

Not looking forward to today's project of tearing apart drivers dash on my Jeep to replace broken blend door gear for climate control, again.
A cheap plastic gear that costs 20 bucks and several hours of labor since drivers side is blowing hot air when AC is on.
Dealer wants over a thousand bucks to replace. Thank god for You Tube repair videos.

I will be cussing about automobile engineering to myself during the entire repair. At least this time I am familiar with what to do, so should take less than the three hours it took last spring.
Good luck on the project, Mr. Petro.

Last edited:
View attachment 497449

I am a fellow Kansan,,when you were there,did you ever take in a Royals game by chance?
Glad to see you drop by Foxfyre's wonderful USMB coffee lounge, LA RAM FAN. :thup:

View attachment 497449
Except for Grand Marais up on Lake Superior in the 50's. The wind off the chilly lake frequently keeps that area much cooler.
85 in Albuquerque at this hour. Will have to hurry to get to the forecast high of 96 today. We are forecast to be in the mid 90's for highs all week which is typical for June in central New Mexico. June is often our hottest month as we get the monsoon early in July and the accompanying afternoon clouds help moderate the high temps. The monsoon usually exits in early September.
Sounds more comfortable there.
We made 100 today with the humidity it is just nasty outside.

View attachment 497449

Glad to see you drop by Foxfyre's wonderful USMB coffee lounge, LA RAM FAN. :thup:
Well it took her to mention living in my home state Kansas to do so. :up: Sense you replied have you ever been to the land of Dorthdy by chance.lol

View attachment 497449

No. Never made it to a Royals game but was a strong Royals fan. Lived in Pittsburg for several years and then Salina for several years. Trips to Kansas City, other than for business, were usually to performances at the Starlight Theater including a good meal at Putch's.

Often in the KC airport though as all flights out of Salina went to Kansas City and then to wherever you were actually going. Kansas City was 3 hours east of Salina on I-70 and Denver was 8 hours west. But we had to fly to Kansas City to get to Denver. :)

Last edited:
View attachment 497449

Oh he has been on the roster here for years, but also happy to see him back for a visit. :)

View attachment 497449

Well it took her to mention living in my home state Kansas to do so. :up: Sense you replied have you ever been to the land of Dorthdy by chance.lol
Yes. When she was younger my Aunt lived for years in Wichita. I remember going to a park there that had swings, a slide, and a running round ride. My older brother was eight and I was 2 years younger. All the way there and back to Houston, Dad and mom read every Burma Shave sign. lol. The fifties. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Good night, afternoon, morning or whatever darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Gracie & Dennis in yet another transition.
Ringel for continued healing.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

On June 7, 2014, the first ocean going vessel navigates through the Panama Canal.
1623052590901.png

So anyway .. the garden and the low budget greenhouses (plastic) are pretty well planted .. all seems well .. it's June after all!

SoOo ..What's with these frost threats .... :confused:

Hello fellow USMB Coffee Shop IV-ers .. just saying hello and Lumpin grumpin a little..

..Hugs, best wishes and such... ;)

So anyway .. the garden and the low budget greenhouses (plastic) are pretty well planted .. all seems well .. it's June after all!

Hello fellow USMB Coffee Shop IV-ers .. just saying hello and Lumpin grumpin a little..

Frost threats? Really?

View attachment 497449

That Grand Marais temp certainly pops out. :lol:

View attachment 497449

It just registered on me where the map you posted is located. Would all that be record temps up there? Who would have thought it would get that hot ever? Summer has arrived with a vengeance in New Mexico--hot with temps in the mid 90's all week--very typical for us this time of year. But humidity stays in the 20% or so range so it is not all that uncomfortable if there is shade and any breeze at all.

View attachment 497449

View attachment 497449

It just registered on me where the map you posted is located. Would all that be record temps up there? Who would have thought it would get that hot ever? Summer has arrived with a vengeance in New Mexico--hot with temps in the mid 90's all week--very typical for us this time of year. But humidity stays in the 20% or so range so it is not all that uncomfortable if there is shade and any breeze at all.
We broke several records this week for early June. Usually this awful heat is more like July or August. Heat advisories until Thursday.
About a dozen people at a local water park got hospitalized for heat exhaustion waiting to get in.
I work outdoors year round, so I deal with this and the bitter cold in winter, when it hits -20 or worse. I take the heat better than others, it's the cold that seems worse as I get older.

Lumpy's back! :woohoo:

View attachment 497449

View attachment 497449

We broke several records this week for early June. Usually this awful heat is more like July or August. Heat advisories until Thursday.
About a dozen people at a local water park got hospitalized for heat exhaustion waiting to get in.
I work outdoors year round, so I deal with this and the bitter cold in winter, when it hits -20 or worse. I take the heat better than others, it's the cold that seems worse as I get older.
All that water, and no faucet. Who'da thunk it. Hope everyone recuperated, petro.

Speaking of waiting, it's time to go to my doctor's checkup. Have a lovely day, everyone. :huddle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back