USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Ringel - for continued healing and wellness.
Beautress's friend for comfort/healing.
Mindful's daughter for continued wellness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
SFC Ollie for health and wellness.
Hombre for successful rehab and continued progress with his new hip.
007 for relief from back pain.
Dragonlady for impending knee surgery.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Sometimes it does the soul good just to be quiet and enjoy the beauty.
1649455175897.png

Outta the park, Foxfyre. Your images, posts, and thoughtfulness are a total blessing.

Last edited:
I've finally fallen off the deep end, gone crazy......... I sold a bunch of things I didn't need and bought me a used motorcycle. Ever since Yamaha first introduced the V-Star line I've always wanted one. It's been decades since I last rode a bike so now I have to relearn so to speak, of course you never forget how to ride a bike........ Cliche added just make everyone groan....... :)

Picked up a fully loaded Yamaha V-Star 950 XVS95 Tourer. The bike is huge like the larger motored ones (1300ccs and up) but is comparatively light and the engines on these are virtually bullet-proof.

View attachment 627631

View attachment 627632

Now I'll have something other than my big Dodge Ram to scoot around on. The shop owner delivered it to the house today and I had to finish making room in the garage for it. The modular helmet I ordered is scheduled to be delivered Saturday.

71Gw+WrCIcL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I want to be seen..........
Well it's a good looking bike. They terrify me but I know those who ride love to do it so I will wish you all joy and happiness with it so long as I don't have to ride it with you. LOL :)

Well it's a good looking bike. They terrify me but I know those who ride love to do it so I will wish you all joy and happiness with it so long as I don't have to ride it with you. LOL :)
Kat hated them also, hated it when I did have one. When I got rid of my last one she was soooooo happy. Me? I always loved riding, I'd ride year round though even with a snowmobile suit in the winter I'd have to thaw out whenever I reached my destination....... :lol:

Kat hated them also, hated it when I did have one. When I got rid of my last one she was soooooo happy. Me? I always loved riding, I'd ride year round though even with a snowmobile suit in the winter I'd have to thaw out whenever I reached my destination....... :lol:
I think it's all in what your experience is. Perry's brother and sister-in-law each had Hondas and loved to go riding through the countryside. My primary experience with them was in the hospital dealing with those who had motorcycle accidents and that wasn't pretty. So I am conditioned by that which isn't fair to all who ride safely and without serious incident all their lives.

Happy Opening Day of the Baseball Season. Let us start today's game with 2 minutes of silence for all of the distant relatives who died, making it possible for the day games to be sell-outs. The Blue Jays season will start at 7:05 p.m. against the Texas Rangers.

Bo Bichette talked about watching the 2015 ALCS against Texas and who the whole SkyDome was LOUD. Since he came up to the league full time, he's never been able to experience a fully sold out SkyDome on Opening Day. As much as I'd love to be there, no way I'm going anywhere like that until after my surgery.

May 4th is the day. I met with the surgeon yesterday, and we're a go!!! He says that I'll be back on my bike in 6 weeks. The knee hurts. It's a duIl ache, and quite bearable, but it wasn't there last year. If we had been able to do it last year as originally planned, it would never have happened.

One of my skating buddies had her knee done last year, and she suggested exercises to build up my legs before surgery. I'm getting out on my bike every day I can, now that the warmer weather is here. The surgeon said they'd have me in for an entire day 2 weeks before the surgery, to do the pre-surgery tests, and discuss post surgery treatments.

Happy Opening Day of the Baseball Season. Let us start today's game with 2 minutes of silence for all of the distant relatives who died, making it possible for the day games to be sell-outs. The Blue Jays season will start at 7:05 p.m. against the Texas Rangers.

Bo Bichette talked about watching the 2015 ALCS against Texas and who the whole SkyDome was LOUD. Since he came up to the league full time, he's never been able to experience a fully sold out SkyDome on Opening Day. As much as I'd love to be there, no way I'm going anywhere like that until after my surgery.

May 4th is the day. I met with the surgeon yesterday, and we're a go!!! He says that I'll be back on my bike in 6 weeks. The knee hurts. It's a duIl ache, and quite bearable, but it wasn't there last year. If we had been able to do it last year as originally planned, it would never have happened.

One of my skating buddies had her knee done last year, and she suggested exercises to build up my legs before surgery. I'm getting out on my bike every day I can, now that the warmer weather is here. The surgeon said they'd have me in for an entire day 2 weeks before the surgery, to do the pre-surgery tests, and discuss post surgery treatments.
What was the day of surgery again?

I have ridden motorcycles since 1963. In those days it use to snow heavily every winter and I rode all year round. At the time I was riding a BSA Bantam, and being a light bike I could put my feet down and slide along in the snow controlling it with my boots. In later years I rode big bikes like a Honda 650 and that was too heavy to steer with your feet, but these days it hardly ever snows because of global warming,

I've finally fallen off the deep end, gone crazy......... I sold a bunch of things I didn't need and bought me a used motorcycle. Ever since Yamaha first introduced the V-Star line I've always wanted one. It's been decades since I last rode a bike so now I have to relearn so to speak, of course you never forget how to ride a bike........ Cliche added just make everyone groan....... :)

Picked up a fully loaded Yamaha V-Star 950 XVS95 Tourer. The bike is huge like the larger motored ones (1300ccs and up) but is comparatively light and the engines on these are virtually bullet-proof.

View attachment 627631

View attachment 627632

Now I'll have something other than my big Dodge Ram to scoot around on. The shop owner delivered it to the house today and I had to finish making room in the garage for it. The modular helmet I ordered is scheduled to be delivered Saturday.

very nice!

View attachment 627631

View attachment 627632

That's beautiful, Ringel. May your bike serve you well and keep you safe.

I had my knee replaced last year. Prayers up for your surgeon, you, and the anesthesiologist and nurses. May their hands be guided by heaven, and may your recuperation and physical therapy work wonders that bring you comfort and a new lease on life. Only good wishes. :thup:

My helmet arrived a little while ago and amazingly it fit properly. Having ordered it via Amazon was a little worried about their sizing chart being wrong, it wasn't. Thankfully the Amazon listing page had a video because the instructions it came with were worthless at best. Unfortunately the next few days are supposed to get very windy and chilly so it looks like I'll have to wait to take it out on my first, familiarization ride. Kinda nervous and excited at the same time.

Forum List

Back