USMB Coffee Shop IV

It looks like my son's first marching band performance of the season might be rained out.:( Friday night HS football games are still fun, even at my age.
cheerleader.gif

They're fun especially when you have someone either in the band or on the team. I was a band player in HS and football games rocked....:)

Which instrument, Mert?? My son plays the clarinet. He also plays the viola with the orchestra.

It looks like my son's first marching band performance of the season might be rained out.:( Friday night HS football games are still fun, even at my age.
cheerleader.gif

They're fun especially when you have someone either in the band or on the team. I was a band player in HS and football games rocked....:)

Which instrument, Mert?? My son plays the clarinet. He also plays the viola with the orchestra.
I started out with the Trumpet, cause I thought that was "hot" - but we had so many trumpet players that were way better than me.....:crybaby: so the instructor kept asking me to play the French Horn....and he would give me 1st Chair.....so I did. Then I really came to appreciate the sound of that instrument. I didn't keep it up after I left HS, so I can't play it now.....

cheerleader.gif

I started out with the Trumpet, cause I thought that was "hot" - but we had so many trumpet players that were way better than me.....:crybaby: so the instructor kept asking me to play the French Horn....and he would give me 1st Chair.....so I did. Then I really came to appreciate the sound of that instrument. I didn't keep it up after I left HS, so I can't play it now.....

Oh, I remember you mentioning that before.:thup: I must be in some kind of mood tonight..."hot", "instrument", "didn't keep it up". I need some liquor.:D

cheerleader.gif

Oh, I remember you mentioning that before.:thup: I must be in some kind of mood tonight..."hot", "instrument", "didn't keep it up". I need some liquor.:D

After working so hard in the yard today.....I think I deserve a Margarita. I think I'll ask Mr Mertex to fix me one....:)

cheerleader.gif

After working so hard in the yard today.....I think I deserve a Margarita. I think I'll ask Mr Mertex to fix me one....:)

I would love a strawberry daiquiri.:banana:

aa_strawberrydaiquiri_13-e1402195085249.jpg

cheerleader.gif

That looks delish! But after mixing up the kefta meat and making yogurt sauce, I'm done with recipes today.

Chardonnay: one ingredient cooking!

cheerleader.gif

That looks delish! But after mixing up the kefta meat and making yogurt sauce, I'm done with recipes today.

Chardonnay: one ingredient cooking!

I was talking to some people at work who like wine, and how to avoid a hangover headache the next morning...apparently you want to look for wines low in carbons??:dunno: I didn't want look dumb and ask what that meant...I am clueless about choosing wine, but I know I like them on the fruity side.

I was talking to some people at work who like wine, and how to avoid a hangover headache the next morning...apparently you want to look for wines low in carbons??:dunno: I didn't want look dumb and ask what that meant...I am clueless about choosing wine, but I know I like them on the fruity side.

I find that not overdrinking prevents being hungover.

;)

Seriously, some wines have such high alcohol content that they are almost fortified, and they taste too much of alcohol. I try to find ones that are 11%-12%, which is getting more difficult.

My advice, drink what you like in moderation, and make sure you drink water too.

been down the shore fro the past week. perfect beach weather and the water was warm. rough but warm

"Down the shore" -- ah, that phrase takes me back...

I have a friend from north of Boston...his brother lives on Cape Cod, and when he goes to visit, he say, "I'm going down the cape." It annoys the shit out of me, but I have given up lecturing him that it should be, "I'm going down TO the cape.":lol:

Happy Saturday everyone!

This morning in class I was one of two students to be awarded Student Of The Month. This is the second time in a year I have gained this award in the same class, and my third SOTM award in total within twelve months.

I am quite happy with myself. :)

Noomi.....I bet you can't kick my two friends ass. Bet ya. :lol:

IMG_0681.JPG

Okay...maybe you can. For sure you can beat Aaronleland and Cabbie to a pulp. :)

One of my friends posted this on Facebook.....can't wait to try it out. I wish I had copied the picture, it looked really good.

Crockpot Tortellini
Ingredients:

1 bag of frozen tortellini
1 small bag of fresh spinach
2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
1 box or 4 cups or vegetable broth
1 block of cream cheese

Directions:

Put all ingredients in crock-pot, chunking up the cream cheese.
Cook on low for 5-6 hrs

Happy Saturday everyone!

This morning in class I was one of two students to be awarded Student Of The Month. This is the second time in a year I have gained this award in the same class, and my third SOTM award in total within twelve months.

I am quite happy with myself. :)

Noomi.....I bet you can't kick my two friends ass. Bet ya. :lol:

IMG_0681.JPG

Okay...maybe you can. For sure you can beat Aaronleland and Cabbie to a pulp. :)

I know that stance they are in. It requires a lot of hips to move forward and back. :)

One of my friends posted this on Facebook.....can't wait to try it out. I wish I had copied the picture, it looked really good.

Crockpot Tortellini
Ingredients:

1 bag of frozen tortellini
1 small bag of fresh spinach
2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
1 box or 4 cups or vegetable broth
1 block of cream cheese

Directions:

Put all ingredients in crock-pot, chunking up the cream cheese.
Cook on low for 5-6 hrs

Oh, I found it......

tortellini.jpg

Forum List

Back