USMB Coffee Shop IV

been down the shore fro the past week. perfect beach weather and the water was warm. rough but warm

"Down the shore" -- ah, that phrase takes me back...

I have a friend from north of Boston...his brother lives on Cape Cod, and when he goes to visit, he say, "I'm going down the cape." It annoys the shit out of me, but I have given up lecturing him that it should be, "I'm going down TO the cape.":lol:

I know whatcha mean -- I've heard that a couple times. :eek:

Everybody around Fluffya Pennsylvania eventually goes "downa shore" in the summer.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's Mom,
Stat's aunt, nephew, and his loved ones with shingles,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.
And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Karma is antsy tonight. Very playful. Problem is...she HURTS and doesn't realize it. Poor Gracie dealt with it all the time. Gracie had such a soft mouth whereas Karma is really rough in play. I call her the land shark and do the DO DO DO DO DO DO Jaws song when she gets this way. And my poor wrists. She clamps on, and I holler in pain and she looks at me so sad. So..I went to google and typed in "my 8 year old lab plays too rough" and up popped a Flirt Pole. I was like..wtf? So I googled that too..and went to youtube. Great gadget to help dogs get energy out of their system without killing their mama, lol.
So I went to ebay and bought one! 29.99, free shipping. I can't wait for it to get here.
In the meantime..her staples are out and tomorrow I will say the magic words SWIMMY POOL! and she will be so excited. She loves to chase the hose around in it and bite the water while splashing in the kiddie pool. :)

Happy Caturday!

unnamed16.jpg

Going to try a Pilates class today. :dunno: if I am even capable of doing any of the moves but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Hopefully I won't hurt myself. :)
In my next life, I'm coming back as a cat. What that kitty in your picture is doing is just the right thing, and you can be assured he is not thinking of joining a Pilates class, or going to work, or having to deal with folks he doesn't like, etc. In fact, I think I was a cat in my past life, and I'm a bit pissed off I have to live the life of a human this time! :crybaby:

Well, it is suppose to rain all through the reception Saturday. The ex has managed to exclude me from preparations. Biting my tongue time.
People can just be so petty. Hang in there.

We had a similar situation in the extended family and my brother in law visited the older woman in question and told her interference was over for the rest of her life. If she resisted, he said, he would visit her pastor and her employer. She has been quite nice for 13 years.

Friends of my daughter own a bowling ally. She helped waitress for them on weekends when they first bought it.The researsal dinner/Harper's birthday party was there last night. Cupcake frosting on the two year old. Fuzzy lamb hat on her head with little lamb mittens and new blue jean jacket brought smiles to everyone.

Tracked down 40 6-packs of ginger beer for the reception today. We are not in the big city here, so it was a feat. It is apparently an important ingredient in a Moscow Mule?

Morning all. Haven't had enough coffee yet but things are beginning to look up. No, nothing bad has happened. Just recouping from early morning. :)

Another cloudless brilliant blue sky day here--the kind of sky we expect in October, not the end of August. The blue is so blue it hurts your eyes to look directly at it. Still waiting for our house guest to appear--everybody slept in this morning. Hope the weekend is going well for all--especially Save with the wedding goings on.

Good morninge. Still dark. Going for a walk in a bit, then have a cuppa at a restaurant down town.
Good morning Jake. I'm having a cuppa a little late this morning. The great cool nights lately have been a sedation for sleep longer than usual. :thup: After another cuppa, I will be hopping on my stationary bike and peddling away, to some great tunes from Pandora, on my widest screen TV. I set my new space saver semi Recumbent bike at the foot of my bed after relocating pretty stuff from that corner, to a closet, and some recycled to acquaintances, who were very appreciative. I really don't need those 60 DVDs since I stream most of my favorite things through my Roku streaming devices. Love those things. I did save 15 DVDs that were my faves, just in case I get in the mood for one of them, one of these days,when I am not working as many hours.

I hope you and all others who visit the CS, make a fine day. :)

mmmm..coffee!

coffee.gif

Just finished prepping nine racks of baby back ribs for the smoker. The rest is up to mr. boe.

I'm also making a triple recipe of Swedish Meatballs today. Certain Scandahoovians just aren't satisfied with mere smoked dead pig. So, a big cooking day. I think I'll earn a glass of wine by early afternoon!

mmmm..coffee!

coffee.gif

Just finished prepping nine racks of baby back ribs for the smoker. The rest is up to mr. boe.

I'm also making a triple recipe of Swedish Meatballs today. Certain Scandahoovians just aren't satisfied with mere smoked dead pig. So, a big cooking day. I think I'll earn a glass of wine by early afternoon!

The baby backs make my mouth water just thinking about them. The Swedish meatballs not so much. I have very eclectic tastes enjoying at least some specialties of every cuisine you can name. But Swedish has to be at or near the bottom of the list of food I choose to eat. North Central Kansas has large populations of descendants of several European groups and we all had fun celebrating and enjoying food and customs from those heritages, one of which was Swedish so there was a lot of exposure to Swedish foods prepared by people who really knew how to prepare them. I just couldn't manage to develop an appreciation.

mmmm..coffee!

coffee.gif

The baby backs make my mouth water just thinking about them. The Swedish meatballs not so much. I have very eclectic tastes enjoying at least some specialties of every cuisine you can name. But Swedish has to be at or near the bottom of the list of food I choose to eat. North Central Kansas has large populations of descendants of several European roots and we all had fun celebrating and enjoying food and customs from those heritages, one of which was Swedish so there was a lot of exposure to Swedish foods prepared by people who really knew how to prepare them. I just couldn't manage to develop an appreciation.

The only Scandahoovian things I like are Swedish Meatballs and lefse.

I use Alton Brown's recipe for the meatballs. It's really quite good. I make them for my folks, who are big fans (Mom is from ND).

Forum List

Back