USMB Coffee Shop IV

Mimosas for everyone.:)

Mimosa-cocktails.jpg

@Sherry @boedicca

If you want 'strong' cheese, try Époisses de Bourgogne. It's so strong that it's banned from French public transport.

My favourites are Normandy Camembert and and Dolcelatte.

I absolutely loathe Camembert, but haven't tried Dolcelatte. Will try it if I come across it.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's Mom,
Stat's aunt, nephew, and his loved ones with shingles,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning, everyone. I wish you a good start into your week.

Last week, I had an immense amount of extra work which then culminated a compressed weekend with my daughter as I had important work on Saturday from 8 am to 8 pm. So, I picked her up from her mother afterwards on Saturday evening.

Yesterday, I took her to a "Kletterpark" ("Climbing park") for a birthday party of one on her friends, who just turned 8. As is German tradition, kids up to sixteen generally have as many kids at the party (including the birthday child) as the number of years, so 7 girls and 1 boy were there to do the climbing parcourse. There is a 2-part parcourse for kids, and a huge parcourse for adults plus one long aerial ropeway. When we got there, the one parent who was going to do the parcourse with the kids decided not to, and so I did the course with the kids, for about 2.5 hours. Right in the middle, it began to rain like crazy but, being in a forest, we got wet but not totally drenched. This also means that I was too busy doing the parcourse to film anything, but here's a good youtube film of the children's parcourse:

(that is EXACTLY the parcourse we did)

Also, this for the adults:

(3:07)

:thup:

And, the long aerial rope "Seilbahn" (450 meters long).

:thup: :thup:

Getting a website started is so damned hard. My friend got a website for her blog for $20 a month. I bought a domain for the same price, through the same website, but I also have to pay for web hosting as well.
I don't understand why it worked so easily for her and I am having so much trouble with it.

Good morning all. Happy Labor Day and hope everybody has something good planned for the last holiday of summer. Stat, that par course stuff is amazing. And wonderful. Hope Noomi's new website works out--I presume that is an Australian thing, but I know from the experience of others, it is not an easy task to get one up and running and an even more difficult task to make it really successful.

The anniversary dinner with my aunt and uncle went well last night, our house guest has departed, and Hombre and I plan to pretty much kick back and make today an un-labor day.

And for now....more coffee....

On this day in history, September 1, in

1914 – The last known passenger pigeon, a female named Martha, died in captivity in the Cincinnati Zoo. That was exactly 100 years ago but was significant because there were once billions of these iconic birds in the mid 19th century and all were hunted into extinction in less than 100 years. But Martha's demise provided the catalyst to mobilize efforts so that we did not do the same to other species we were putting into danger.

img_0_0_8.JPG

1975 - The last episode of "Gunsmoke" aired on CBS after an impressive 20-year run making it television's longest running prime time drama. Nominated for 4 Golden Globes and 20 other nominations, it boasted 14 wins in various categories with all the primary actors nominated for best actor or best supporting actor in a TV series.

Many of you aren't old enough to remember Sheriff Matt Dillon (James Arness), Miss Kitty (Amanda Blake), Doc Adams (Milburn Stone), Chester (Dennis Weaver) and Festus (Ken Curtis) or the Long Branch Saloon that was the center of action in old Dodge City, Kansas. Or that a little known actor by the name of Burt Reynolds was added as Quint the blacksmith in 1962. Only James Arness and Milburn Stone played their roles for the entire 20 years. Orginally aired on Saturday nights the series was almost cancelled in 1967 due to low ratings, but the producers moved it to Monday nights that year and it was immediately back in the top 10 of Nielsen ratings.

A bit of trivia re the show: Denver Pyle was originally slated to play Matt Dillon, but a last minute conflict resulted in James Arness receiving the role. And the rest, as they say, is history.

MV5BMTcxMDcxODk2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM3MDU1MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Forum List

Back