USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Moring All !!

3982ffbf5aac00e978d9d63efc5bd608.jpg

Good Monday morning, friends. I was in NE and IA last week, so I did not get to post here early as I would have liked. Beautiful country as fall arrives. Have a good day.

I don't mind rain, but we've had enough of that. It rained a few times this winter, that's enough lol. Time for some sun!

We have a sunny day almost every day here....that's why "rain" is so magical when it finally comes.

My daughter (little Miss Statalina) and I, after a coin-flip last night, decided to do early swimming today. So, we were up at 06:30 and out the door at 07:30 for five hours at a local pool that is very good.

At first she was not into it, until she saw how many pool toys I brought with and didn't tell her about. For each lap she did, I blew up another pool toy (ball, ring, etc...).

After five hours, she really had enough and I as well, so we got showered up and got back home to walk the dog whilst Statalina imitated Evil Knievel on her scooter. Of course, afterwards she was all hot for Scooby Doo, but I noticed that there was the film ASTERIX AND OBELIX on TV and so I warmed up pumpin soup, homemade corn bread and we had a roaring afternoon catching a good film. Afterward we did some bike racing up and down the street. Fun times.

A really great friend of mine sent me a film clip about a guy who... well, see the clip for yourself:

She's my little princess and G-d blessed me with a truly wonderful daughter. What more could a man want in life?

So, hope you all are having a fun and blessed Sunday. And I am loving having two days off in a row.

That was such a sweet clip.....every child should be that blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with their dad.....even when mom and dad are no longer together....your daughter is blessed indeed.

I'm up, had a rough day yesterday. Went up to the Springs to get the rest of the stuff we had up there at the house, when we arrived the new owner was moving in....... Seems the closing date was moved up and we weren't told, thankfully the new owner had been told we had stuff there and was perfectly fine with us getting it out, he and his dad even helped. The wife was furious that we had not been notified, raging menopausal reaction..... Still dealing with it this morning, she's going to see if her doc can increase the strength of her hormone treatments so she is aware that it's exaserbating her anger and lack of patience issues.
Sometimes it gets so bad I seriously think about a temporary separation or possible divorce, I'm tired of walking on eggshells ALL the time.......... :mad:
No I won't do that but it does cross my mind........ just as I know it crosses her mind from time to time.

One word:

perseverence.

Hope that other than this situation, you are doing well and prospering.
We're fine, we both know what's going on, we talk, especially after the fights. Lot's of frustration on both our parts and this inheritance situation isn't helping, pretty much when this is all over the only brother both my wife and I will have anything to do with is the one in Kansas, the other two have proven themselves to be mostly assholes.

That's so sad, that money and possessions are more important than the relationship between siblings. I hope that your brothers come to realize that in not to distant future and you are able to put this behind you. People are way more important than things, and family should always come first.

I've got dinner prepared already, just need to cook it tonight. We are having Fajitas, which is one my favorite things to eat!

Fajitas.jpg

How neat.....you all have fajitas even in Australia.....I'm pleasantly amazed.

I think I'm coming down with a cold.....my throat is sore and my head hurts and I've got that feeling you get when you're coming down with a cold........arghh.......

must be from my conversing with Noomi.......she must have transmitted it to me over the internet........argh................
sick+smiley.jpg

My daughter (little Miss Statalina) and I, after a coin-flip last night, decided to do early swimming today. So, we were up at 06:30 and out the door at 07:30 for five hours at a local pool that is very good.

At first she was not into it, until she saw how many pool toys I brought with and didn't tell her about. For each lap she did, I blew up another pool toy (ball, ring, etc...).

After five hours, she really had enough and I as well, so we got showered up and got back home to walk the dog whilst Statalina imitated Evil Knievel on her scooter. Of course, afterwards she was all hot for Scooby Doo, but I noticed that there was the film ASTERIX AND OBELIX on TV and so I warmed up pumpin soup, homemade corn bread and we had a roaring afternoon catching a good film. Afterward we did some bike racing up and down the street. Fun times.

A really great friend of mine sent me a film clip about a guy who... well, see the clip for yourself:

She's my little princess and G-d blessed me with a truly wonderful daughter. What more could a man want in life?

So, hope you all are having a fun and blessed Sunday. And I am loving having two days off in a row.

That was such a sweet clip.....every child should be that blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with their dad.....even when mom and dad are no longer together....your daughter is blessed indeed.

Thanks, Mertex.

I'm up, had a rough day yesterday. Went up to the Springs to get the rest of the stuff we had up there at the house, when we arrived the new owner was moving in....... Seems the closing date was moved up and we weren't told, thankfully the new owner had been told we had stuff there and was perfectly fine with us getting it out, he and his dad even helped. The wife was furious that we had not been notified, raging menopausal reaction..... Still dealing with it this morning, she's going to see if her doc can increase the strength of her hormone treatments so she is aware that it's exaserbating her anger and lack of patience issues.
Sometimes it gets so bad I seriously think about a temporary separation or possible divorce, I'm tired of walking on eggshells ALL the time.......... :mad:
No I won't do that but it does cross my mind........ just as I know it crosses her mind from time to time.

One word:

perseverence.

We're fine, we both know what's going on, we talk, especially after the fights. Lot's of frustration on both our parts and this inheritance situation isn't helping, pretty much when this is all over the only brother both my wife and I will have anything to do with is the one in Kansas, the other two have proven themselves to be mostly assholes.

That's so sad, that money and possessions are more important than the relationship between siblings. I hope that your brothers come to realize that in not to distant future and you are able to put this behind you. People are way more important than things, and family should always come first.
The brother, who is the executor stated a while back his goal was to get X amount of money for each brother, if we had bought the house that goal would not have been met. When we hit a temporary snag in the loan process, would have to wait one more month i "assume" he saw an opportunity to make his goal and put the house back on the market. He honestly believes he's doing what is best and fair for all of us. He didn't have to be an asshole about it though.
Besides there has been too much misunderstanding and hard feelings concerning the whole house situation I'm kinda glad it's been resolved this way. When one door closes another one opens, God has something else in mind for us. :thup:

I think I'm coming down with a cold.....my throat is sore and my head hurts and I've got that feeling you get when you're coming down with a cold........arghh.......

must be from my conversing with Noomi.......she must have transmitted it to me over the internet........argh................
sick+smiley.jpg

Mi Sh'berach. Now,I will get on to making that Jewish penicillin and sending it the Duchy of Mertex!!

I've got dinner prepared already, just need to cook it tonight. We are having Fajitas, which is one my favorite things to eat!

Fajitas.jpg

When I saw Noomi's post it was tongue biting time. :) I still recall a friend living in New York, one that had never been to the Southwest, who was absolutely in total disbelief that I could possibly know about good bagels and shmears out here on the desert. And nothing I could say would shake his particular bigotry about that.

So when Noomi mentioned fajitas last night, my immediate kneejerk reaction is that she, in Australia, could not possibly know what good fajita were. You have to be here in the heart of Mexican/New Mexican/southwestern cuisine to get great fajitas.

I resisted though. Because we can get great bagels here. And who am I to say that Australians don't make great fajitas. :)

One word:

perseverence.

The brother, who is the executor stated a while back his goal was to get X amount of money for each brother, if we had bought the house that goal would not have been met. When we hit a temporary snag in the loan process, would have to wait one more month i "assume" he saw an opportunity to make his goal and put the house back on the market. He honestly believes he's doing what is best and fair for all of us. He didn't have to be an asshole about it though.
Besides there has been too much misunderstanding and hard feelings concerning the whole house situation I'm kinda glad it's been resolved this way. When one door closes another one opens, God has something else in mind for us. :thup:

Your brother may honestly believe he's doing what is best and fair for all, but being that he knew you wanted the house, he should have asked you if you thought your loan problem would be resolved or if you would be okay with him putting the house up again. He caused you some hard feelings by not doing that. But, you are still going to get something out of the sale, so you should look at it that way. Don't let that little snag keep you from having a relationship with your brother, in time he may be convicted of his actions (like my brother was when he tried to collect taxes from me on my dad's house) and he'll make it up in some way. You're right God always has something better for us.

sick+smiley.jpg

Mi Sh'berach. Now,I will get on to making that Jewish penicillin and sending it the Duchy of Mertex!!

It's official...I am coming down with something. I just hope I'm able to kick it soon.....I hate being sick.

Fajitas.jpg

When I saw Noomi's post it was tongue biting time. :) I still recall a friend living in New York, one that had never been to the Southwest, who was absolutely in total disbelief that I could possibly know about good bagels and shmears out here on the desert. And nothing I could say would shake his particular bigotry about that.

So when Noomi mentioned fajitas last night, my immediate kneejerk reaction is that she, in Australia, could not possibly know what good fajita were. You have to be here in the heart of Mexican/New Mexican/southwestern cuisine to get great fajitas.

I resisted though. Because we can get great bagels here. And who am I to say that Australians don't make great fajitas. :)

You are absolutely right. But, I couldn't keep from thinking about the experiences I've had. When I lived in New Hampshire....there was one Mexican Restaurant, and people were always telling us that it was great (they knew I was from Texas)....so we finally decided to try it...and it was awful. Also, I couldn't find tortillas, corn or flower, in any grocery store, except in a can. That was weird. Maybe now you can.
Noomi's picture looks authentic fajitas like the ones I know. I wonder who introduced that delicacy to Australians though, and whether or not they have added their own twist in an attempt to make them better?

Fajitas.jpg

You are absolutely right. But, I couldn't keep from thinking about the experiences I've had. When I lived in New Hampshire....there was one Mexican Restaurant, and people were always telling us that it was great (they knew I was from Texas)....so we finally decided to try it...and it was awful. Also, I couldn't find tortillas, corn or flower, in any grocery store, except in a can. That was weird. Maybe now you can.
Noomi's picture looks authentic fajitas like the ones I know. I wonder who introduced that delicacy to Australians though, and whether or not they have added their own twist in an attempt to make them better?

I can relate to your NH experience too. When we were last in Washington DC, our daughter took us to a restaurant (she hadn't tried it) recommended as absolutely the best Mexican food you could get in DC. It was PITIFUL!!! Not one authentic thing about it other than I think a tortilla might have been included in there somewhere. Ungodly expensive but quite disappointing. I have found some good Mexican/southwestern cuisine in Texas but you have to hunt for it amidst all the Tex-Mex places. When we lived in Kansas there was one family of cooks/chefs that made excellent Mexican food but they moved around to different restaurants a lot. We always checked to see where they were working before we went out for Mexican food because the rest of it was pretty bad.

We bought a new couch and love seat on Friday.
It was just delivered.
They look so nice.
They seem to make the front room look bigger even though they are the same size as the old ones. :)

Forum List

Back