USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm up, had a rough day yesterday. Went up to the Springs to get the rest of the stuff we had up there at the house, when we arrived the new owner was moving in....... Seems the closing date was moved up and we weren't told, thankfully the new owner had been told we had stuff there and was perfectly fine with us getting it out, he and his dad even helped. The wife was furious that we had not been notified, raging menopausal reaction..... Still dealing with it this morning, she's going to see if her doc can increase the strength of her hormone treatments so she is aware that it's exaserbating her anger and lack of patience issues.
Sometimes it gets so bad I seriously think about a temporary separation or possible divorce, I'm tired of walking on eggshells ALL the time.......... :mad:
No I won't do that but it does cross my mind........ just as I know it crosses her mind from time to time.

One word:

perseverence.

Hope that other than this situation, you are doing well and prospering.

My daughter (little Miss Statalina) and I, after a coin-flip last night, decided to do early swimming today. So, we were up at 06:30 and out the door at 07:30 for five hours at a local pool that is very good.

At first she was not into it, until she saw how many pool toys I brought with and didn't tell her about. For each lap she did, I blew up another pool toy (ball, ring, etc...).

After five hours, she really had enough and I as well, so we got showered up and got back home to walk the dog whilst Statalina imitated Evil Knievel on her scooter. Of course, afterwards she was all hot for Scooby Doo, but I noticed that there was the film ASTERIX AND OBELIX on TV and so I warmed up pumpin soup, homemade corn bread and we had a roaring afternoon catching a good film. Afterward we did some bike racing up and down the street. Fun times.

A really great friend of mine sent me a film clip about a guy who... well, see the clip for yourself:

She's my little princess and G-d blessed me with a truly wonderful daughter. What more could a man want in life?

So, hope you all are having a fun and blessed Sunday. And I am loving having two days off in a row.

I'm up, had a rough day yesterday. Went up to the Springs to get the rest of the stuff we had up there at the house, when we arrived the new owner was moving in....... Seems the closing date was moved up and we weren't told, thankfully the new owner had been told we had stuff there and was perfectly fine with us getting it out, he and his dad even helped. The wife was furious that we had not been notified, raging menopausal reaction..... Still dealing with it this morning, she's going to see if her doc can increase the strength of her hormone treatments so she is aware that it's exaserbating her anger and lack of patience issues.
Sometimes it gets so bad I seriously think about a temporary separation or possible divorce, I'm tired of walking on eggshells ALL the time.......... :mad:
No I won't do that but it does cross my mind........ just as I know it crosses her mind from time to time.

One word:

perseverence.

We're fine, we both know what's going on, we talk, especially after the fights. Lot's of frustration on both our parts and this inheritance situation isn't helping, pretty much when this is all over the only brother both my wife and I will have anything to do with is the one in Kansas, the other two have proven themselves to be mostly assholes.

Good Morning World... just barely.

Birthday bash at Doc's last night and it was about 4 when we got in.
We did have a couple of "disagreements" last night and one I even had to step into as there were about a dozen men and women involved. I did show remarkable restraint. I am not really known for that. Only a couple punches actually thrown with little damage and as it came down outside, no damage inside.

What can I say? It's a bar. I no longer have a problem mopping up puke and I figure if there isn't at least one fight, we're not selling enough booze.

Happy Sunday:)

Wildflowers-at-The-Sea-Ranch-by-Paul-Kozal.jpg

One word:

perseverence.

We're fine, we both know what's going on, we talk, especially after the fights. Lot's of frustration on both our parts and this inheritance situation isn't helping, pretty much when this is all over the only brother both my wife and I will have anything to do with is the one in Kansas, the other two have proven themselves to be mostly assholes.

The two of you have had a huge amount of junk on your plate--financial, healthwise, caretakers under difficult circumstances, bereavement, et al--for several years now. It doesn't help a bit that it all happened during your menopausal and midlife crisis years. That will take a toll on the most solid of relationships. Take it from one who has been there, done that, trashed the t-shirt. This too shall pass. But also take care of yourselves too. If the stress becomes unbearable to the point it is harming you and putting your relationship in jeopardy, swallow your pride and find a knowledgeable pastor or other counselor to help you put it all into perspective and relearn some coping skills. (I do wish we could choose some of our family members though, because almost all of us have at least one or two or those a-holes.)

Last edited:

One word:

perseverence.

The two of you have had a huge amount of junk on your plate--financial, healthwise, caretakers under difficult circumstances, bereavement, et al--for several years now. It doesn't help a bit that it all happened during your menopausal and midlife crisis years. That will take a toll on the most solid of relationships. Take it from one who has been there, done that, trashed the t-shirt. This too shall pass. But also take care of yourselves too. If the stress becomes unbearable to the point it is harming you and putting your relationship in jeopardy, swallow your pride and find a knowledgeable pastor or other counselor to help you put it all into perspective and relearn some coping skills. (I do wish we could choose some of our family members though, because almost all of us have at least one or two or those a-holes.)
Thanks. Like I said before both of us know the what and why, we've had some "knock down, drag outs in the past" and one really bad period where we almost parted ways. That was averted when I finally understood what she was going through (long story) and I switched my focus from my current wants and desires to her and her problem. Yes, we have learned to talk after both of us have calmed down, though that can take a while at times..... :lol: And yes, I learned to swallow my pride decades ago though there are times I temporarily forget that lesson......

One word:

perseverence.

Thanks. Like I said before both of us know the what and why, we've had some "knock down, drag outs in the past" and one really bad period where we almost parted ways. That was averted when I finally understood what she was going through (long story) and I switched my focus from my current wants and desires to her and her problem. Yes, we have learned to talk after both of us have calmed down, though that can take a while at times..... :lol: And yes, I learned to swallow my pride decades ago though there are times I temporarily forget that lesson......

You are a good and decent husband, Ringel...there is obviously a lot of love between you.:thup: :smiliehug:

One word:

perseverence.

You are a good and decent husband, Ringel...there is obviously a lot of love between you.:thup: :smiliehug:
I had one failed marriage already, all my fault, she didn't deserve the selfish prick she married....... Determined not to let it happen again if I could help it. Thanks for the compliment but it's a continuing process, I don't feel I'm anywhere near the husband I should be and probably will never feel I am. My wife is going through the same thing, it's been a process for both of us over the last 25+ years.
What's really funny is I can honestly say Amway saved my marriage. We did Amway for years and it was the recommended reading program that had me reading books I probably would have never read not to mention I was "born again" which opened my heart and mind.
Oh and I can still be a selfish prick from time to time, when I know I can get away with it........ But now it doesn't include any philandering....... *sigh*

:lol:

One word:

perseverence.

I had one failed marriage already, all my fault, she didn't deserve the selfish prick she married....... Determined not to let it happen again if I could help it. Thanks for the compliment but it's a continuing process, I don't feel I'm anywhere near the husband I should be and probably will never feel I am. My wife is going through the same thing, it's been a process for both of us over the last 25+ years.
What's really funny is I can honestly say Amway saved my marriage. We did Amway for years and it was the recommended reading program that had me reading books I probably would have never read not to mention I was "born again" which opened my heart and mind.
Oh and I can still be a selfish prick from time to time, when I know I can get away with it........ But now it doesn't include any philandering....... *sigh*

:lol:

Upline - downline - the famous white board - the presentation.....

Ahhhh, memories.

Tonight was 5 Guys. Max was hurting (hung over) and figured maybe a big greasy burger would fix him up. I think he'll last til closing time. Good thing he only has a birthday once a year.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery.
Mrs. Hossfly Liz, and Hossfly
BBD's shoulder
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back