USMB Coffee Shop IV

I don't know if anyone in here enjoys MMA, but I DVR'd the preliminary fights to the latest UFC and a couple of the fights have been unexpectedly entertaining, if gross. In one, a woman with cauliflower ear had her ear practically cut in half by a punch. It looked horrible, and she wanted to keep going! In another, a man had the shit literally knocked out of him.
:ack-1:

While I do enjoy football and hockey which are rough sports, I don't really like watching two people fight. They're just trying to hurt each other, it kind of makes me wince. :)

I don't like being particularly cold or hot, but if I have to choose between the two weathers, I'll go with cold. It's just easier to get warm generally, plus I hate getting sweaty. My fashion choices might also have something to do with it; I wear jeans no matter the weather, I favor black, I've got fairly long hair. The one big problem with the colder weather is I think it may be worse on my psoriasis. I hate getting these cuts on my knuckles all the time!
Have you tried TriDerma Psoriasis Control? Works like a charm on mine.
As for hot and cold, give me cold any day especially at bedtime, I hate trying to sleep in hot weather.

I have had good luck with that too.

I don't know if anyone in here enjoys MMA, but I DVR'd the preliminary fights to the latest UFC and a couple of the fights have been unexpectedly entertaining, if gross. In one, a woman with cauliflower ear had her ear practically cut in half by a punch. It looked horrible, and she wanted to keep going! In another, a man had the shit literally knocked out of him.
:ack-1:

While I do enjoy football and hockey which are rough sports, I don't really like watching two people fight. They're just trying to hurt each other, it kind of makes me wince. :)

Thank you for that. I dislike boxing for the same reason even though one of my beloved brother-in-laws was a boxing coach as well as a football coach before he became a superintendent of schools. He maintained it is better for two bozos to duke it out in the boxing ring rather than take aggressions out on each other outside the ring. Hombre loves boxing and watches almost every Friday night. But like you, it is just too personal for me. Any sport in which you have to hurt somebody in order to score just doesn't do it for me. But I can appreciate the skill and beauty of the sport too.

G-g-g-g-good morning, everyone!

OK, last night was a cold martha focker! Down to 8 degrees and a wind chill of -6 here in central Missouri. We still have most of the 3" of snow still stuck to the ground from Sunday's forecasted half inch. I don't know about you people, but this is incredibly early for this type of weather here. I've been saying all summer (or lack thereof) that this winter was going to be even worse than last year, and this is one of those times I really wish I could be wrong. I really hope I can get the wood stove installed soon.
Dang! Sucks to be you guys. I stayed above freezing most of yesterday, just under 40F. And still no snow. We've quite a heavy frost, but the snow seems to be vacationing in the Lower 48 right now.

And in your part of the world, you WANT the snow, right?

Sedona Az is where I would head if I were to move to that state. Been there before and it is just gorgeous.

I agree that Sedona is beautiful. It would sort of be like living in Monument Valley. One of the more expensive places to live in Arizona though I think.

5153329.jpg

I mentioned before I lived in Minneapolis for six years (a/k/a Ice Station Zebra).

ice-station-zebra.jpg

Temps of -20 below are very common. You can go days where the temps never get above zero. Brutal.

Anyway, there is a City ordinance that requires you to shovel the sidewalk in front of your house after every snowfall. The problem: It snows beginning in Sept and stops sometime in April. I refused to buy a snow blower. Stupid I guess but I shoveled.... alot. :)

I did have to buy a pick ax to break through the frozen ice wall the plows would pile up in front of my driveway every evening. At -10 below the snow and ice was like concrete.

Ah.....good times....good times.....:lol:
One of my daughter's favorite stories is about the day I was shoveling the drive and the snow plow came by...I suppose it was sort of funny, watching me scramble down the driveway to accost the plow driver. I hated having to find those snow/ice berms after spending time and energy clearing 80 yds of driveway.

G-g-g-g-good morning, everyone!

OK, last night was a cold martha focker! Down to 8 degrees and a wind chill of -6 here in central Missouri. We still have most of the 3" of snow still stuck to the ground from Sunday's forecasted half inch. I don't know about you people, but this is incredibly early for this type of weather here. I've been saying all summer (or lack thereof) that this winter was going to be even worse than last year, and this is one of those times I really wish I could be wrong. I really hope I can get the wood stove installed soon.
Dang! Sucks to be you guys. I stayed above freezing most of yesterday, just under 40F. And still no snow. We've quite a heavy frost, but the snow seems to be vacationing in the Lower 48 right now.

And in your part of the world, you WANT the snow, right?
Actually, a good snow cover helps insulate when it gets really cold. But since it hasn't gotten really cold yet, the snow can stay in TX for the time being.

I mentioned before I lived in Minneapolis for six years (a/k/a Ice Station Zebra).

ice-station-zebra.jpg

Temps of -20 below are very common. You can go days where the temps never get above zero. Brutal.

Anyway, there is a City ordinance that requires you to shovel the sidewalk in front of your house after every snowfall. The problem: It snows beginning in Sept and stops sometime in April. I refused to buy a snow blower. Stupid I guess but I shoveled.... alot. :)

I did have to buy a pick ax to break through the frozen ice wall the plows would pile up in front of my driveway every evening. At -10 below the snow and ice was like concrete.

Ah.....good times....good times.....:lol:
One of my daughter's favorite stories is about the day I was shoveling the drive and the snow plow came by...I suppose it was sort of funny, watching me scramble down the driveway to accost the plow driver. I hated having to find those snow/ice berms after spending time and energy clearing 80 yds of driveway.

Oh my goodness, we can relate to that. Hombre would drain a whole coffee pot sometimes shoveling the two and a half feet of new snow out of our driveway when we lived on the mountain. Sometimes I would help. And they always timed it just as we reached the road for the snow plow to come by and pile four feet of heavy packed snow back into the end of the driveway.

Food. FOOOOOOD! Nothing beats a cold and icky day than smelling FOOOOD wafting about your nose. Plus it keeps the house warm cuz the burners are on (if you have gas burners).

Meanwhile, as I browsed Pinterest, I ran across this great idea. So guess what I am going to be prepping today and tomorrow for the freezer for some cold icky days that scream CROCK POT FOOOOOOOOD?

Check it out. Its a great idea!

Pin by Bren H on Nom Noms Pinterest

Make sure you click the pic itself so you get all the ideas for each baggie recipe for the crock pot!

I don't like being particularly cold or hot, but if I have to choose between the two weathers, I'll go with cold. It's just easier to get warm generally, plus I hate getting sweaty. My fashion choices might also have something to do with it; I wear jeans no matter the weather, I favor black, I've got fairly long hair. The one big problem with the colder weather is I think it may be worse on my psoriasis. I hate getting these cuts on my knuckles all the time!
Me too. HATE really hot weather. I have psoriasis on my scalp in small places so when my hair gets al sweaty, my head itches like crazy. However, cold weather does a number on my joints. Given a choice though..i would go with colder weather.

Food. FOOOOOOD! Nothing beats a cold and icky day than smelling FOOOOD wafting about your nose. Plus it keeps the house warm cuz the burners are on (if you have gas burners).

Meanwhile, as I browsed Pinterest, I ran across this great idea. So guess what I am going to be prepping today and tomorrow for the freezer for some cold icky days that scream CROCK POT FOOOOOOOOD?

Make sure you click the pic itself so you get all the ideas for each baggie recipe for the crock pot!

Anyway to get the ideas without joining Pinterest?

Anyway to get the ideas without joining Pinterest?
Just browse, I think. In the search bar at P, type in what you want to find and some collections will pop up. Click those and you will see that persons collections.
Heck, I don't remember if I had to join to view. I don't think I did.

Foxfyre..if you CAN'T view the pics without joining, just holler at what you want and I will just copy and paste it here. Recipes, pics, etc.

Actually..the pics at Pinterest lead to the website it came from. If you want the whole thing from my link above of the crock pot prep recipes, I can cut and paste the whole shebang right here. :)

I hate cooking now. We live on sandwiches mostly. Once in awhile I will cook a meal. But, now that I have a bigger crock pot, and cold weather is here, one pot meals seem like a plan. Whatever hubby wants for dinner...he can just pull it out of the freezer, let it thaw overnight and in the crock pot it goes..the whole baggie of whatever meal is in it. 4 to 7 hours later..dinner!

Forum List

Back