USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wait!! I googled:

1. In order to watch movies and TV episodes streaming from Netflix with your Wii console, you must:
    • Have an active Netflix subscription (sign up)
    • Connect your Wii console to the Internet (how to)
    • Download Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii from the Wii Shop Channel (how to)
    • Connect to your Netflix account (how to)
Wii - Netflix Nintendo

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday! The weather is amazing here. Tomorrow is supposed to be great as well. I am making Indian for dinner tonight, it's some of my favorite food. Cheers!

Hit the Windows key and P at the same time, in the pop up window select the Projector Only or Duplicate. With Projector only it transfers the image to the TV, with Duplicate you see it on both but since your laptop has a higher resolution than the TV it will often downgrade your laptop resolution. To reverse it do it all over and select the Computer option.

Not working on a laptop and Windows + P doesn't give me those options on this PC. I'll try it when I get on my laptop later. During all this I discovered my PC is NOT wifi equipped? Hombre's is and it is a lot older but mine is hardwired into the all purpose modem (cable/phone/internet) on my desk. I'm pretty sure it was at some point but either the card got disconnected or something went wrong. At least the Bluetooth is working so it can communicate with the wireless printer, etc.
Window+P only works with Windows 7 and 8, thought you had your laptop connected. :dunno:
What operating system are you running on the computer hooked up to the TV?

I have Windows 8.1 on this computer (the PC) and Windows 7 on my laptop. The laptop works entirely wirelessly; and, as I said, the PC is hardwired to the internet. Neither are hooked up to the TV. There's no way to stream Netflix through Comcast/Xfinity? You HAVE to use a laptop?
I misunderstood, thought you had one connected to the TV. The best way is set up any computer next to the TV and connect the computer to the TV with an HDMI cable. Granted the TV and the computer both have to have HDMI ports (outlet/inlet).

HDMIcable.jpg

hdmi_port.jpg

If you use the PC and it has no WiFi you can add WiFi adapter to it:

wifi adapter - Best Buy

As for setting up to view on the TV it should work using the Windows+P keys.
You probably know this but this is what the Windows key looks like:
Windows-Key-722215.jpg
You can do that instead of a roku box? But what if I have a cable box attached to my tv. Do I hook it up to the cable box or the tv directly?
Directly to the TV then set the computer monitor output from the computer to the TV, make sure your cable box is turned off when you use the computer to stream videos/movies/TV shows. Though if you want to "change channels" with a remote though the computer that requires a whole different setup like your Roku.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday! The weather is amazing here. Tomorrow is supposed to be great as well. I am making Indian for dinner tonight, it's some of my favorite food. Cheers!
Still snowing here but it's 38 degrees so most of the hard surfaces are only wet.

Not working on a laptop and Windows + P doesn't give me those options on this PC. I'll try it when I get on my laptop later. During all this I discovered my PC is NOT wifi equipped? Hombre's is and it is a lot older but mine is hardwired into the all purpose modem (cable/phone/internet) on my desk. I'm pretty sure it was at some point but either the card got disconnected or something went wrong. At least the Bluetooth is working so it can communicate with the wireless printer, etc.
Window+P only works with Windows 7 and 8, thought you had your laptop connected. :dunno:
What operating system are you running on the computer hooked up to the TV?

I have Windows 8.1 on this computer (the PC) and Windows 7 on my laptop. The laptop works entirely wirelessly; and, as I said, the PC is hardwired to the internet. Neither are hooked up to the TV. There's no way to stream Netflix through Comcast/Xfinity? You HAVE to use a laptop?
I misunderstood, thought you had one connected to the TV. The best way is set up any computer next to the TV and connect the computer to the TV with an HDMI cable. Granted the TV and the computer both have to have HDMI ports (outlet/inlet).

HDMIcable.jpg

hdmi_port.jpg

If you use the PC and it has no WiFi you can add WiFi adapter to it:

wifi adapter - Best Buy

As for setting up to view on the TV it should work using the Windows+P keys.
You probably know this but this is what the Windows key looks like:
Windows-Key-722215.jpg
You can do that instead of a roku box? But what if I have a cable box attached to my tv. Do I hook it up to the cable box or the tv directly?
Directly to the TV then set the computer monitor output from the computer to the TV, make sure your cable box is turned off when you use the computer to stream videos/movies/TV shows. Though if you want to "change channels" with a remote though the computer that requires a whole different setup like your Roku.
Oy. Gadgetry. Confusing for my pea brain. Oy. I guess I will just stick with my pc for netflix, lol.

Still snowing here but it's 38 degrees so most of the hard surfaces are only wet.

Boo! It's 63 degrees here. I have the windows open. I suspect these are the last warm-ish days of the year.

It was a rough morning yesterday, the roads were slick and caused quite a few accidents along the major roadways.

When I build my next computer I will connect my old one to the TV as a dedicated TV system. I have a media card I can use that has a remote for it. Most likely I'll load a Linux operating system and run it that way. That way when the wife is bored with re-watching everything she has already seen she can find other things to watch.

Fox, how much did you spend on an HDMI cable??!! If you spent that much take it back and order one via Amazon.......

Amazon.com hdmi cable

This one was a special one with special stuff for the high value big screen TVs so they told us. I thought that was too much to spend for a HDMI cable too, but oh well. . . . .too late to take it back now.

Fox, how much did you spend on an HDMI cable??!! If you spent that much take it back and order one via Amazon.......

Amazon.com hdmi cable

This one was a special one with special stuff for the high value big screen TVs so they told us. I thought that was too much to spend for a HDMI cable too, but oh well. . . . .too late to take it back now.
They probably sold you a 4K HDMI cable and 4K cables are pretty much BS as a standard HDMI cable will easily do 4K, it's a new sales gimmick some manufactures are pushing. If you bought it at (say) Best Buy take it back and raise hell with the manager about selling an unnecessary overpriced product that the standard, much cheaper one, one will do just as well. If they still claim the 4K is better tell them they need to do their research and most likely you'll get you money back then buy a standard HDMI (or two) from them.

Amazon.com hdmi cable

They probably sold you a 4K HDMI cable and 4K cables are pretty much BS as a standard HDMI cable will easily do 4K, it's a new sales gimmick some manufactures are pushing. If you bought it at (say) Best Buy take it back and raise hell with the manager about selling an unnecessary overpriced product that the standard, much cheaper one, one will do just as well. If they still claim the 4K is better tell them they need to do their research and most likely you'll get you money back then buy a standard HDMI (or two) from them.

I would actually do that, but unfortunately Hombre is the one who bought it and he won't do that.

Ringel, EZ would not approve.:nono:

I MISS EZ :( I don't really approve either--(even as I giggled a bit)--but I just scroll quickly past what I don't want to see. LOL.

I still miss her terribly, but she's a smart woman...between teaching, a teenage daughter, and a new marriage, she knew that her time was better spent than on an internet message board. Hopefully you'll be seeing less of me someday soon, but I doubt that I'd ever completely leave the board.:)

Well I won't be hopeful about you being here less. You don't post all that much anymore as it is. And you are one of the few people who are keeping me here. :)

Foxy....you kind of are the CS. :)

Morning, everyone. This weekend has been a great reprieve from the cold snap, with highs and lows in the 50's. Unfortunately, my hot water is way hotter than it should be, and I've noticed a very small bubbling in my faucet. Time to get under the house and look for the ruptured PVC pipe. :eusa_doh:
Ruptured pipe? Possibly or you could have "received" an air pocket feed from the main feed, if you don't find any pipe problems run all of your faucets for a few minutes and bleed the emergency pressure valve on the hot water heater (without scalding yourself..........)
As for where to look for possible breaks is any exterior hose bib feeds and any other line running close to the outside walls.

Good point, and anything that isn't a cracked pipe will be welcomed news for me. lol

We'll see though. The hot water line was partially frozen last week when the temp got down to 8 degrees. This house was originally a small 14 x 60 ft, 1 bedroom 1 bathroom trailer. My godfather added on to it over the last 15 years before I bought it, and its now a multi-section house, with the only trace of the original trailer being the metal frame under part of the house. He made all the plumbing and electrical very easy to access. One of my renovation projects will be to replace all the lines with PEX.

Before I bought this place from him, I lived by Ozark Lake in a house with PEX lines that froze multiple times during the asinine winter last year with no ruptures. I had an old trailer there that my brother lived in, and after all the steel pipes shattered, we gave it the PEX upgrade and he never had an issue again either. Definitely a fan. :)
I love PEX!!!!
(No Sherry, not Pecs....... :eusa_whistle:)

A simple solution would be to run insulation around the inside of the foundation assuming it's a crawl space and you have fairly easy access.

Sherry....

I'm pretty sure Ringel meant these kind of pecs......:eusa_shifty:

Picture+45.png

If she bought it from Best Buy, they will charge her a restocking fee...which means it will be the same price if she keeps it since thats how they gouge people.

Somebody clue me in. We have a big screen HD tv in the great room and want to watch our movies in there. How do I get Netflix on it?
Is your TV a 'smart' TV? If it does not feature Internet connectivity and built in apps for Netflix, Hulu, vudu, Amazon Prime and the like, you will have to buy (for less than $40) a Roku. That's a wee box that attaches to the TV and connects with an HDMI cable to your internet router.

Piece of cake! And it's easy! I just noticed I still have a piece of cake from my sister-in-law's birthday party. MMmmm! Cake!
The modem box thing in the dining room, 4 rooms away from me? How am I gonna do that? I already have cords snaking around everywhere. So if I get a roku...I still have to buy a 50 ft cord? Plus, all the plugs in the back for being hardlined in are already taken. Which means one of us will have to do without internet and that won't go over well with the roomies. Or is there a double slot connection I can buy that can be inserted into the pc tower to connect the internet cord thingie? (one for the pc, one for the roku)

Morning, everyone. This weekend has been a great reprieve from the cold snap, with highs and lows in the 50's. Unfortunately, my hot water is way hotter than it should be, and I've noticed a very small bubbling in my faucet. Time to get under the house and look for the ruptured PVC pipe. :eusa_doh:
Ruptured pipe? Possibly or you could have "received" an air pocket feed from the main feed, if you don't find any pipe problems run all of your faucets for a few minutes and bleed the emergency pressure valve on the hot water heater (without scalding yourself..........)
As for where to look for possible breaks is any exterior hose bib feeds and any other line running close to the outside walls.

Good point, and anything that isn't a cracked pipe will be welcomed news for me. lol

We'll see though. The hot water line was partially frozen last week when the temp got down to 8 degrees. This house was originally a small 14 x 60 ft, 1 bedroom 1 bathroom trailer. My godfather added on to it over the last 15 years before I bought it, and its now a multi-section house, with the only trace of the original trailer being the metal frame under part of the house. He made all the plumbing and electrical very easy to access. One of my renovation projects will be to replace all the lines with PEX.

Before I bought this place from him, I lived by Ozark Lake in a house with PEX lines that froze multiple times during the asinine winter last year with no ruptures. I had an old trailer there that my brother lived in, and after all the steel pipes shattered, we gave it the PEX upgrade and he never had an issue again either. Definitely a fan. :)
I love PEX!!!!
(No Sherry, not Pecs....... :eusa_whistle:)

A simple solution would be to run insulation around the inside of the foundation assuming it's a crawl space and you have fairly easy access.

Sherry....

I'm pretty sure Ringel meant these kind of pecs......:eusa_shifty:

Picture+45.png

I recently discovered that I prefer my pecs to be hairy.:tongue:

ETA: Ok, that sounds so wrong now that I look at it...I don't mean MY pecs. I mean my man's pecs.:redface: :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back