USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning, everyone. This weekend has been a great reprieve from the cold snap, with highs and lows in the 50's. Unfortunately, my hot water is way hotter than it should be, and I've noticed a very small bubbling in my faucet. Time to get under the house and look for the ruptured PVC pipe. :eusa_doh:
Ruptured pipe? Possibly or you could have "received" an air pocket feed from the main feed, if you don't find any pipe problems run all of your faucets for a few minutes and bleed the emergency pressure valve on the hot water heater (without scalding yourself..........)
As for where to look for possible breaks is any exterior hose bib feeds and any other line running close to the outside walls.

Good point, and anything that isn't a cracked pipe will be welcomed news for me. lol

We'll see though. The hot water line was partially frozen last week when the temp got down to 8 degrees. This house was originally a small 14 x 60 ft, 1 bedroom 1 bathroom trailer. My godfather added on to it over the last 15 years before I bought it, and its now a multi-section house, with the only trace of the original trailer being the metal frame under part of the house. He made all the plumbing and electrical very easy to access. One of my renovation projects will be to replace all the lines with PEX.

Before I bought this place from him, I lived by Ozark Lake in a house with PEX lines that froze multiple times during the asinine winter last year with no ruptures. I had an old trailer there that my brother lived in, and after all the steel pipes shattered, we gave it the PEX upgrade and he never had an issue again either. Definitely a fan. :)
I love PEX!!!!
(No Sherry, not Pecs....... :eusa_whistle:)

A simple solution would be to run insulation around the inside of the foundation assuming it's a crawl space and you have fairly easy access.

Sherry....

I'm pretty sure Ringel meant these kind of pecs......:eusa_shifty:

Picture+45.png

I recently discovered that I prefer my pecs to be hairy.:tongue:

ETA: Ok, that sounds so wrong now that I look at it...I don't mean MY pecs. I mean my man's pecs.:redface: :lol:
eNPeX.jpg

Ringel, EZ would not approve.:nono:

I MISS EZ :( I don't really approve either--(even as I giggled a bit)--but I just scroll quickly past what I don't want to see. LOL.

I still miss her terribly, but she's a smart woman...between teaching, a teenage daughter, and a new marriage, she knew that her time was better spent than on an internet message board. Hopefully you'll be seeing less of me someday soon, but I doubt that I'd ever completely leave the board.:)

Well I won't be hopeful about you being here less. You don't post all that much anymore as it is. And you are one of the few people who are keeping me here. :)

Foxy....you kind of are the CS. :)

Thanks, but no, I'm not. Years ago the folks who found this thread a good thing made the CS what it is. I do consider you all my darlinks and I really do love you all. I do what is necessary administratively--like when they need us to shut down and start over with a new thread--and I don't mind at all keeping the sign in list or the vigil list. But it's up to the rest of you to be the Coffee Shop.

I MISS EZ :( I don't really approve either--(even as I giggled a bit)--but I just scroll quickly past what I don't want to see. LOL.

I still miss her terribly, but she's a smart woman...between teaching, a teenage daughter, and a new marriage, she knew that her time was better spent than on an internet message board. Hopefully you'll be seeing less of me someday soon, but I doubt that I'd ever completely leave the board.:)

Well I won't be hopeful about you being here less. You don't post all that much anymore as it is. And you are one of the few people who are keeping me here. :)

AH! It cuts me like a dagger to the quick.

Wait!! I googled:

1. In order to watch movies and TV episodes streaming from Netflix with your Wii console, you must:
    • Have an active Netflix subscription (sign up)
    • Connect your Wii console to the Internet (how to)
    • Download Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii from the Wii Shop Channel (how to)
    • Connect to your Netflix account (how to)
Wii - Netflix Nintendo

Yep, Wii and Netflix here.

Why? Just because I love Sherry doesn't mean I don't love you too. :)

Why? Just because I love Sherry doesn't mean I don't love you too. :)

Shreaded Shakespeare in the litter box, sorry.

Foxy....you kind of are the CS. :)

Thanks, but no, I'm not. Years ago the folks who found this thread a good thing made the CS what it is. I do consider you all my darlinks and I really do love you all. I do what is necessary administratively--like when they need us to shut down and start over with a new thread--and I don't mind at all keeping the sign in list or the vigil list. But it's up to the rest of you to be the Coffee Shop.

This is the best the CS has felt since we switched formats, and I've even stopped missing the old software. Well, expect for the ability to click on views to see who has posted in a thread. This is the most positive thread I've encountered on the internet, and it takes a lot for me to check my snark at the door.:D

Sherry? Yeah, she's like the baby sister of the family. Gets away with everything and everyone likes her best... :)

Morning, everyone. This weekend has been a great reprieve from the cold snap, with highs and lows in the 50's. Unfortunately, my hot water is way hotter than it should be, and I've noticed a very small bubbling in my faucet. Time to get under the house and look for the ruptured PVC pipe. :eusa_doh:
Ruptured pipe? Possibly or you could have "received" an air pocket feed from the main feed, if you don't find any pipe problems run all of your faucets for a few minutes and bleed the emergency pressure valve on the hot water heater (without scalding yourself..........)
As for where to look for possible breaks is any exterior hose bib feeds and any other line running close to the outside walls.

Good point, and anything that isn't a cracked pipe will be welcomed news for me. lol

We'll see though. The hot water line was partially frozen last week when the temp got down to 8 degrees. This house was originally a small 14 x 60 ft, 1 bedroom 1 bathroom trailer. My godfather added on to it over the last 15 years before I bought it, and its now a multi-section house, with the only trace of the original trailer being the metal frame under part of the house. He made all the plumbing and electrical very easy to access. One of my renovation projects will be to replace all the lines with PEX.

Before I bought this place from him, I lived by Ozark Lake in a house with PEX lines that froze multiple times during the asinine winter last year with no ruptures. I had an old trailer there that my brother lived in, and after all the steel pipes shattered, we gave it the PEX upgrade and he never had an issue again either. Definitely a fan. :)
I love PEX!!!!
(No Sherry, not Pecs....... :eusa_whistle:)

A simple solution would be to run insulation around the inside of the foundation assuming it's a crawl space and you have fairly easy access.

Oh man, EZ and I use to PM each other some amazing pec pix.:banana:
600x325xMoobs.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3gCpyv6yCD.jpg

:lol: OMG! So sexy!

Does your laptop have an HDMI port? If so, it's just a matter of running the HDMI cable from laptop to TV and switching the TV input to the right HDMI port.
If it's a "smart TV" it may be possible to get it to connect to the internet/netflix via WIFI.

It is connected to the cable modem via HDMI cable. And presumably it is a 'smart TV' but it requires a 'smart' owner to figure all that out. And I haven't yet. We just got it on Friday.
Hit the Windows key and P at the same time, in the pop up window select the Projector Only or Duplicate. With Projector only it transfers the image to the TV, with Duplicate you see it on both but since your laptop has a higher resolution than the TV it will often downgrade your laptop resolution. To reverse it do it all over and select the Computer option.

Not working on a laptop and Windows + P doesn't give me those options on this PC. I'll try it when I get on my laptop later. During all this I discovered my PC is NOT wifi equipped? Hombre's is and it is a lot older but mine is hardwired into the all purpose modem (cable/phone/internet) on my desk. I'm pretty sure it was at some point but either the card got disconnected or something went wrong. At least the Bluetooth is working so it can communicate with the wireless printer, etc.
Window+P only works with Windows 7 and 8, thought you had your laptop connected. :dunno:
What operating system are you running on the computer hooked up to the TV?

I have Windows 8.1 on this computer (the PC) and Windows 7 on my laptop. The laptop works entirely wirelessly; and, as I said, the PC is hardwired to the internet. Neither are hooked up to the TV. There's no way to stream Netflix through Comcast/Xfinity? You HAVE to use a laptop?
You'll have to consult the manual for the TV. Your remote should have a key for "source" You should be able to connect to a wireless network through some option there. Then, it's a matter of figuring out how to get the smart apps to run.

Forum List

Back