USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning folks, I hope everyone is having a lovely day thus far. I am on the fence about going on my run today because it is cold and my foot hurts. lol

Happy Birthday, Mr H!!!

One of the things I hate most about this new software is that we no longer get the notifications of birthdays every day, and C_K has confirmed that it does not allow that to be done. So if folks don't tell us it is their birthday, it isn't acknowledged. I hate that as it does, in a small way, make it harder to celebrate community.

But oh well. No use stewing over what can't or won't be fixed.

Good morning all. We woke up to a white world but temps are forecast to be in upper 30s to low 40s today so I'm hoping it will be melted off by mid morning and our Senior Saints will venture out for the luncheon today. Since we have a number of members in their upper 70's, 80's, and 90's, we don't want them out on slippery driveways and walks.

The thing that worries me most is they just downgraded us from a winter storm warning to a 'winter weather advisory' and, with the track record of forecasts around here, that could mean worse weather.

Good morning folks, I hope everyone is having a lovely day thus far. I am on the fence about going on my run today because it is cold and my foot hurts. lol

Best not to run on a sore foot I think.

And Hazelnut? I know a lot of folks fancy it, but I just have never \been able to develop an appreciation for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I have a ton on my plate now that I'm moving to austin TX in 6 months. Moving my business. I'll need loads of coffee and will need the best coffee of all time. Also need best coffee maker. Any advice would help.

I have a ton on my plate now that I'm moving to austin TX in 6 months. Moving my business. I'll need loads of coffee and will need the best coffee of all time. Also need best coffee maker. Any advice would help.

We just buy plain old Mr. Coffee makers with an automatic turn off thing because otherwise we forget to turn it off until we smell the coffee burning in the bottom of the pot. They don't last all that long and when they start getting slow and quirky we just replace them because they're fairly cheap.

The best coffee, in my opinion, is percolated instead of drip, but intellectually, it would seem that there shouldn't be any difference.

Where are you now J.R.? Moving a business is a pretty big deal, but Austin is an interesting area. You are required to become a Longhorn fan, of course, if you are not already.

And Hazelnut? I know a lot of folks fancy it, but I just have never \been able to develop an appreciation for it.

You're right. Sadly, I don't believe I'll be running today.

The Hazelnut is very subtle and I only drink it when I bore of the regular. Do you put any cream or sugar in coffee? I am a huge fan of black coffee. I have coffee in the morning but at noon and after dinner I usually put a kettle of tea on the stove. I have my great-grandmother's tea kettle so every time I make it I think of my granny.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, Mr H!!!

One of the things I hate most about this new software is that we no longer get the notifications of birthdays every day, and C_K has confirmed that it does not allow that to be done. So if folks don't tell us it is their birthday, it isn't acknowledged. I hate that as it does, in a small way, make it harder to celebrate community.

Good morning all. We woke up to a white world but temps are forecast to be in upper 30s to low 40s today so I'm hoping it will be melted off by mid morning and our Senior Saints will venture out for the luncheon today. Since we have a number of members in their upper 70's, 80's, and 90's, we don't want them out on slippery driveways and walks.

The thing that worries me most is they just downgraded us from a winter storm warning to a 'winter weather advisory' and, with the track record of forecasts around here, that could mean worse weather.
It's cold and cloudy here and is supposed to stay that way with snow forecast for tonight but you know how it is here in the high country we could be getting feet of snow and you all could be enjoying temps in the 50s under a bright sunny sky. Typical mountain weather.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

We just buy plain old Mr. Coffee makers with an automatic turn off thing because otherwise we forget to turn it off until we smell the coffee burning in the bottom of the pot. They don't last all that long and when they start getting slow and quirky we just replace them because they're fairly cheap.

The best coffee, in my opinion, is percolated instead of drip, but intellectually, it would seem that there shouldn't be any difference.

Where are you now J.R.? Moving a business is a pretty big deal, but Austin is an interesting area. You are required to become a Longhorn fan, of course, if you are not already.
I live in ohio. I chose Austin TX because it's the number 1 economic city in the usa. By Forbes. Yes it's a huge deal. Took me a year to decide. Im a baseball fan and packers fan. Lol. Sorry dude. Hey thank for advice. :)

Happy Birthday, Mr H!!!

It's cold and cloudy here and is supposed to stay that way with snow forecast for tonight but you know how it is here in the high country we could be getting feet of snow and you all could be enjoying temps in the 50s under a bright sunny sky. Typical mountain weather.

mm..You did say "high country?" :rofl:

I live in ohio. I chose Austin TX because it's the number 1 economic city in the usa. By Forbes. Yes it's a huge deal. Took me a year to decide. Im a baseball fan and packers fan. Lol. Sorry dude. Hey thank for advice. :)

Many smart people are doing just that. Movin` along. :thup:

What is the best coffee in the world? I've been giving that some thought. Having served in the Navy for over 20 years, I have consumed coffee in many different locations and under many different situations. It seems to me that you cannot label coffee as "the best" because of a brand name. That has nothing to do with what makes a particular coffee great. I have found that the very best coffee is the coffee that you consume that perks you up, makes you want to stand up tall and take on the world (with all of it's problems) and roar like a lion when you take the first sip of it after getting up out of bed. To me, that is the very best coffee.

Happy Birthday, Mr H!!!

mm..You did say "high country?" :rofl:
Oh yeah, I forget, Colorado is cannabis country. :dunno:

whats the best coffee out there? I don't care about cost.
I use Amalfi Coast Espresso whole bean coffee from World Market. $10 for a 24oz bag. I use it in my drip coffee maker and I don't need as much as regular coffee to make a 12 cup pot.
I'm going to try all of these. Seems like whole bean is the way to go.

We do often grind our own beans, but will use Folgers right out of the can in a pinch. But the beans we buy are mostly local blends that produce just great coffee--no flavors, no enhancements like Hazlenut. We only grind as much of the beans as we need to make a pot of coffee though. The flavor is retained in the beans much longer than it is in ground coffee.

Our favorite blend is Santa Fe Blend roasted by a local (Santa Fe) distributor--I think the correct spelling is Chori's. Most of the finer restaurants around Santa Fe and Albuquerque use it too.

You're right. Sadly, I don't believe I'll be running today.

The Hazelnut is very subtle and I only drink it when I bore of the regular. Do you put any cream or sugar in coffee? I am a huge fan of black coffee. I have coffee in the morning but at noon and after dinner I usually put a kettle of tea on the stove. I have my great-grandmother's tea kettle so every time I make it I think of my granny.

I like my coffee strong so yes, do use a splash of Half&half or cream to cut the acid a bit. I can drink it black but enjoy it more with a bit of cream.

Well, the little one was running a fever last night. It was down to 99.6 at bedtime, but I still gave her some ibuprofen. This morning she got up and was still feverish. I get out the thermometer again and she was up to 102.6. :ack-1:

She got some more ibuprofen and some acetaminophen and went back to bed with her mommy. She woke up about an hour ago and thankfully, the fever seems to be gone. So, a bad night and a day off of school is about how it's worked out for her. The first thing she said to me was 'can we go ride bikes?'. It's chilly and wet outside, I don't want her to get sick again! :banghead:

Forum List

Back