USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love any good, rich, dark blend. I don't like foo foo raspberry sprinkle coffee. :)

I've never had foo foo raspberry sprinkle coffee, but I'd be willing to give it a try. :lol:

I enjoy some vanilla, chocolate, or cinnamon in my coffee, so I'm not averse to flavoring. ;)
I like vanilla cream during the summer when I have iced coffee.

Ssooooo, how nerdy can one get? We're having a discussion on the muzzelloading forum concerning what "corn" flour was in the American colonies........ :lol:

I love any good, rich, dark blend. I don't like foo foo raspberry sprinkle coffee. :)

I've never had foo foo raspberry sprinkle coffee, but I'd be willing to give it a try. :lol:

I enjoy some vanilla, chocolate, or cinnamon in my coffee, so I'm not averse to flavoring. ;)

Eww, coffee should be hot, not frozen!
Hot, maybe some sugar, but certainly no flavor God didn't put in it himself. I forbid the missus to make flavored coffee in the regular pot. the evil taste of fake hazelnut soaks into plastic parts and will always taint the taste of the nectar of the gods.

Hot, maybe some sugar, but certainly no flavor God didn't put in it himself. I forbid the missus to make flavored coffee in the regular pot. the evil taste of fake hazelnut soaks into plastic parts and will always taint the taste of the nectar of the gods.

I either put a little vanilla extract in my mug, or a bit of chocolate syrup, or I sprinkle cinnamon on top when it's done. I use sugar and creamer, although I'll drink coffee black. I think coffee needs a little outside flavoring with at least sugar, more so than, say, tea.

On the other hand, I'm very easy about my coffee. I don't need any particular blend or machine; I'm fine with a K-cup or some instant. :lol:

I like both, hot and cold coffee. However, I do not like flavors. I like my coffee just with cream and sugar. :)

I used to say that also....... Then I took a bet and tried it.

Sorry for not stopping by for a couple days. Life happens.

Last night was interesting, to say the least. I've described it once, in another thread. Here ya go....

The Right To Bear Arms Page 116 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Wow Ernie. Scary stuff. Folks I know around here vouch that late night at almost any of the bars or nightclubs can be a little unnerving. Those who have worked for them have experienced real threats or probable threats such as you described. I am pretty sure it would be one of the top 10 dangerous jobs unrelated to the physical demands of the job in Albuquerque but you wouldn't expect it to be in a quiet little family town like you live in.

Ssooooo, how nerdy can one get? We're having a discussion on the muzzelloading forum concerning what "corn" flour was in the American colonies........ :lol:
Oh and it isn't flour made from Maize.........

Around here corn flour is called masa or masa harina. And you have to know your masa to know whether you're buying the right kind of flour to make tortillas or to make tamales--you can't use the same flour for both and get the best results. This was certainly known to the Indians of Mexico and was uultimately adopted by Indians of the Southwest and the Spaniards in the 16th century but I doubt this particular cuisine was found in the east. The earliest corn flour I remember from the history books was "Indian meal" or just plain corn meal that hasn't changed a whole lot over the centuries. But there are cornbread recipes dating back to the earliest colonial settlers.

Sorry for not stopping by for a couple days. Life happens.

Last night was interesting, to say the least. I've described it once, in another thread. Here ya go....

The Right To Bear Arms Page 116 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Wow Ernie. Scary stuff. Folks I know around here vouch that late night at almost any of the bars or nightclubs can be a little unnerving. Those who have worked for them have experienced real threats or probable threats such as you described. I am pretty sure it would be one of the top 10 dangerous jobs unrelated to the physical demands of the job in Albuquerque but you wouldn't expect it to be in a quiet little family town like you live in.
It is rare to have a situation like this in Foley, but we have had one other late night call asking about security followed by people lurking about a commercial area off the main road near closing time. Staff has instructions to call me.
After last call, if there are any strangers in the bar or people known to be trouble, security and staff will carry open. No one gets excited. This is Alabama, after all.
Open carry is legal and fairly common.

The little one's fever is back. :(

She's been lazing around in bed all day because I wouldn't let her play outside. Apparently keeping her inside didn't help as she just showed a 101.3 degree temp. So, she's watching TV with mommy, she's had another shot of ibuprofen kids medicine, and we're hoping she'll get better before school tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, Mr H!!!

One of the things I hate most about this new software is that we no longer get the notifications of birthdays every day, and C_K has confirmed that it does not allow that to be done. So if folks don't tell us it is their birthday, it isn't acknowledged. I hate that as it does, in a small way, make it harder to celebrate community.

But oh well. No use stewing over what can't or won't be fixed.

Good morning all. We woke up to a white world but temps are forecast to be in upper 30s to low 40s today so I'm hoping it will be melted off by mid morning and our Senior Saints will venture out for the luncheon today. Since we have a number of members in their upper 70's, 80's, and 90's, we don't want them out on slippery driveways and walks.

The thing that worries me most is they just downgraded us from a winter storm warning to a 'winter weather advisory' and, with the track record of forecasts around here, that could mean worse weather.

I'm giving you a week's notice.:D

Happy B-Day, Mr. H...behave yourself.:)

Oh and it isn't flour made from Maize.........

Around here corn flour is called masa or masa harina. And you have to know your masa to know whether you're buying the right kind of flour to make tortillas or to make tamales--you can't use the same flour for both and get the best results. This was certainly known to the Indians of Mexico and was uultimately adopted by Indians of the Southwest and the Spaniards in the 16th century but I doubt this particular cuisine was found in the east. The earliest corn flour I remember from the history books was "Indian meal" or just plain corn meal that hasn't changed a whole lot over the centuries. But there are cornbread recipes dating back to the earliest colonial settlers.
Corn to the Europeans and American Colonists was grain, specifically wheat, rye, barley and oats. Maize or Indian corn was always designated as maize or Indian corn, we didn't drop the Indian designation until after the War of 1812.
Americans, Canadians and Australians are the only ones who call Indian corn simply corn almost everyone else knows it as maize.
Corn was defined as any grain coming from an ear, wheat ears, rye ears, barley ears, oat ears maize ears and was generally referring to any local grain crop. In England wheat was corn, in Scotland oats were corn because those were the staple grains for each region. Flours back then were different also, what we know of as pastry flour was called English flour because it was so refined.

Leaving to go to my buddy, the vet, office to bring Jingles home in a few minutes. She had pancreatitis and he will be sending her home with a handful of meds and a special diet. She should recover just fine he said.
Good luck, BBD. I've had a few buddies who lost fur-fam to pancreatitis. It can go a while, but is always fatal.

It is serious yes, but I disagree it is always fatal GW. Veterinary medicine has come a long way in just the last 10 years and I know several folks whose dogs had a Pancreatitis attack once time, went on a regime of meds and controlled diet, and never had another. So I think it is safe to say it isn't curable, but it is manageable and not always fatal in both humans and dogs.
Upon reflection, I remember that being so. I friend of mine had a Bouvier that lived several years longer than anticipated on special diet and meds. I suppose life is fatal, in all reality.

Forum List

Back