USMB Coffee Shop IV

Pretties used to do that. I finally got her to get the drift she can sleep in my lap..not my chest. Miss her. :(

I can't sleep with an animal on me. I have to have my space bubble, especially when I'm sleeping. I move around way too much. I've sent my share of cats flying across the room with my feet in the middle of night when I've been half asleep. Lol. Must be quite the rude awakening for them.

I like just plain tea normally. I also really LOVE Chinese tea though. I put TONS of sugar in it. :D I've tried putting honey in as a substitute for sugar, but it's just not sugary enough for me. Tea with peanut butter toast. I like that for comfort food when I don't feel well.

Mrs. Liberty had tea and peanut butter toast for breakfast for years. Until she linked very dry itchy cracked bleeding hands in the winter to a peanut allergy.

Thankfully, I have no allergies that I'm aware of. If I was allergic to peanuts, I would be so bummed out!

My aunt is allergic to eggs. That tends to be a huge problem because so many things have eggs as an ingredient.
I made a pizza last night and added mushrooms, black olives, swiss cheese, salsa and then extra mozzarella, cooked on the Pizzazz. It was delicious.

I have no food allergies either. I'll eat just about anything but grits and rutabaga.
Y'all better stay away from Alabama if you don't like grits. You can walk into a coffee shop and order a piece of pie and the waitress will ask you if you want cheese on your grits.

This scene was in Wazoo, Beechum County, Alabama :)

that was a funny movie. The two yoots. :lol:

Woman cave. Ours are cleaner and smell better than yours. No boys ALLOWED! :lol:

NY-BU949_NYScen_G_20120806183315.jpg

But there's nothing to DO there! Well, I suppose you could use it like monkey bars..... :lol:

Sure there is. Lie down and read a book. :D Monkey bars could be fun too though. Lol.

Bah, you can lie down and read in a normal room! The cave is supposed to be where you put things to do. ;)
My "man cave" is a place where I can set up my table saw, radial arm saw, and other relevant equipment needed to complete various projects. Most people call said cave "garage". It works for me, though.

I like just plain tea normally. I also really LOVE Chinese tea though. I put TONS of sugar in it. :D I've tried putting honey in as a substitute for sugar, but it's just not sugary enough for me. Tea with peanut butter toast. I like that for comfort food when I don't feel well.

Mrs. Liberty had tea and peanut butter toast for breakfast for years. Until she linked very dry itchy cracked bleeding hands in the winter to a peanut allergy.

Thankfully, I have no allergies that I'm aware of. If I was allergic to peanuts, I would be so bummed out!

My aunt is allergic to eggs. That tends to be a huge problem because so many things have eggs as an ingredient.
I made a pizza last night and added mushrooms, black olives, swiss cheese, salsa and then extra mozzarella, cooked on the Pizzazz. It was delicious.

I have no food allergies either. I'll eat just about anything but grits and rutabaga.
Y'all better stay away from Alabama if you don't like grits. You can walk into a coffee shop and order a piece of pie and the waitress will ask you if you want cheese on your grits.
They served grits in the MacDill AFB chow hall in Tampa. I asked my buddy that was born and raised in Alabama what they tasted like because he got them every morning. He said they were good and talked me into trying them melted butter on top with salt. I about puked when I tasted them, even though they really didn't have much flavor. It was just the slimy, grittiness, something about them about made me gag. I think that's the way it is with most with grits. You either like them or you don't. Helps if you were raised on them though.

Give me a good omelet with ham, cheese, green pepper, onion and mushroom with hash browns, toast and bacon, and I'm in heaven.
I love good grits. There's actually one place in Anchorage to get GOOD grits. Lot's of places like to pretend "instant' grits are the real thing. Yeah...NOT!!! Serve mine with butter, pepper, and red eye gravy, thanks!

They served grits in the MacDill AFB chow hall in Tampa. I asked my buddy that was born and raised in Alabama what they tasted like because he got them every morning. He said they were good and talked me into trying them melted butter on top with salt. I about puked when I tasted them, even though they really didn't have much flavor. It was just the slimy, grittiness, something about them about made me gag. I think that's the way it is with most with grits. You either like them or you don't. Helps if you were raised on them though.

Give me a good omelet with ham, cheese, green pepper, onion and mushroom with hash browns, toast and bacon, and I'm in heaven.
I can do your omelet, or a feta and spinich omelet, but hash browns, for some reason, don't appeal to me at all

I have texture problems with certain foods too. I can't do raw clams or okra. They both feel like something you should quietly spit into a napkin.
I'm with you on both raw clams and okra, but they are more like something you stick your tongue out and suck off your upper lip as they leak out of your nose.

I love good grits. There's actually one place in Anchorage to get GOOD grits. Lot's of places like to pretend "instant' grits are the real thing. Yeah...NOT!!! Serve mine with butter, pepper, and red eye gravy, thanks!

Are grits popular in Alaska too, and red eye gravy? Hmm. Sounds suspiciously southern. :D

I can do your omelet, or a feta and spinich omelet, but hash browns, for some reason, don't appeal to me at all

I have texture problems with certain foods too. I can't do raw clams or okra. They both feel like something you should quietly spit into a napkin.
I'm with you on both raw clams and okra, but they are more like something you stick your tongue out and suck off your upper lip as they leak out of your nose.

I wouldn't eat them raw either. Steamers, yes.

This scene was in Wazoo, Beechum County, Alabama :)

that was a funny movie. The two yoots. :lol:

It was a great comedy but it was also very well done in concept, dialogue, acting, and directing. Of course there is no "Wazoo" and no "Beechum County", but they made you believe there was in the movie. We have lawyer friends who told us they have used the courtroom scenes from that movie as training for new attorneys just learning the ropes of trial law.

Pretties used to do that. I finally got her to get the drift she can sleep in my lap..not my chest. Miss her. :(

I can't sleep with an animal on me. I have to have my space bubble, especially when I'm sleeping. I move around way too much. I've sent my share of cats flying across the room with my feet in the middle of night when I've been half asleep. Lol. Must be quite the rude awakening for them.
I must be an anomaly. I have one cat that likes to sleep on my head, and the mini-dog sleeps at my feet. I'm still waiting for my "teddy cat" to come forward, the one who sleeps in my arms like a teddy bear. There's something soporific about a purring pussy cat...

Ever have steamers? I love steamed clams. Yummy! :D

I made one of my friends try one once because she had never had them, and she almost threw up. :lol: I was raised on steamers though. I love dipping them in the clarified butter. So yummy. Also mussels are very good too.
I like steamer clams with a white wine-garlic sauce. I also like mussels served the right way. But those raw, on the half shell critters...too much like snot for my pallet.

I made one of my friends try one once because she had never had them, and she almost threw up. :lol: I was raised on steamers though. I love dipping them in the clarified butter. So yummy. Also mussels are very good too.
No thanks....... Had steamers before, don't like em, the only time I almost tossed my groceries was when I tried a raw oyster, like swallowing the largest wad of snot in the world.........

Well, where did you eat them? Here in New England, I'm sure they taste better. :lol:
It's not the taste, it's the texture. Like slurping snot...

No thanks....... Had steamers before, don't like em, the only time I almost tossed my groceries was when I tried a raw oyster, like swallowing the largest wad of snot in the world.........

Well, where did you eat them? Here in New England, I'm sure they taste better. :lol:
It's not the taste, it's the texture. Like slurping snot...

Oh, I don't like raw either. I was talking about the steamers. I don't eat any kind of seafood or meat raw.

I must be an anomaly. I have one cat that likes to sleep on my head, and the mini-dog sleeps at my feet. I'm still waiting for my "teddy cat" to come forward, the one who sleeps in my arms like a teddy bear. There's something soporific about a purring pussy cat...

Our cat likes to sleep between my legs. That can be very annoying when I try to turn.

You have to carefully pull one leg up to your chest and then turn and slowly return the leg to its new position.

Chowda has a r in it?
Yes, but due to longstanding puritanical blue laws in Massachusetts, R's are illegal.

If you think they sound funny, visit Narragansett of Cranston (pronounced kvaaaanstin), RI

Where I come from, we talk completely normal with no accent whatsoever. We even pronounce the word "milk" properly as in melk. Never understood why it's always spelled with an "I".

I say milk. :D
Up nort' here in Wiscaaansin, we say "milk," aye...

Southerners usualy say melk or mee-ulk when the southern or Texas dialect is so strong that there is no such thing as a one-syllable word.

I still rememer way back when, Hombre's sister, a born and bred southerner, upon Jimmy Carter's election to the Presidency, solemnly declared: "Ah'm so happy we fin-ully haf a pres-i-deeunt who doesn't speak with an ax-ceunt."

Forum List

Back