USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Another night of waking up every hour on the hour and having a tough time getting back to sleep. No idea why as I am feeling better otherwise. I'm going to try very hard not to nap in my chair today and see if that remedies the situation.

We have about 3 inches of snow on the ground and the afternoon volunteer at the gift shop has already called in and says she's not getting out. So Hombre will have to pull an extra shift--the head honcho is out of town and left him in charge. He's not really happy about it.

That little nap in the afternoon might well be the culprit. I have found if I dose off around 9 at night, for even 5 minutes, I can't go to sleep when my head hits the pillow at around 10:30 and I wake off and on, during the nights. If work has been an extra taxing burden that day, I sometimes fade out early, for a few minutes at night and then catch myself, but it is too late, in order to sleep well at night. I try to sit up straight as possible the later it becomes at night, so I can avoid that little fall-out.

Soon enough, those early-morning chirpers are going to arrive and my nightmare begins at 3:30 am......:(

Morning folks! Happy Friday to you all!

I have fun dinner plans with my family tonight. Let the wine flow freely. I'm helping my dear friend move tomorrow morning so I cant overindulged tonight. Cheers!

That's the only part about drinking alcoholic beverages I don't like: that next day of the drowsies, or worse, depending....:lol:
Why do ya think I quit drinking? My last hangover lasted a week.........

When I was still having adult beverages, my favorite drink was a rum and coke that gave me a frightful headache. But I ordered them anyway. I was an idiot.

I have fun dinner plans with my family tonight. Let the wine flow freely. I'm helping my dear friend move tomorrow morning so I cant overindulged tonight. Cheers!

That's the only part about drinking alcoholic beverages I don't like: that next day of the drowsies, or worse, depending....:lol:

About twice a week I have a glass or two of wine. My wine glass is 10 oz and I fill it half way, twice. The next day, if I don't sleep well, I feel those 10 ounces, and dread getting ready for work and going in. But soon enough the stimulation of customers, snaps me right out of it all. :)

Last edited:

:ack-1:

You may not have even remembered the day and night before???? :lmao:
Nah, never had black-outs, just got to a point where I decided the aftereffects weren't worth the buzz.

It's Friday so I will be heading down to the Catholic Church for the fish fry tonight. Yum!!!

Yum is right. That makes me very hungry for some southern-fried catfish, with coleslaw and hushpuppies and a thick slice of onion on the side.

I'd better go grab some breakfast....lol.
Hold on there, sweet cakes... I'm coming with ya, I'm hungry too... I'll even buy...

When I was still having adult beverages, my favorite drink was a rum and coke that gave me a frightful headache. But I ordered them anyway. I was an idiot.

OOHHH, I USED to love cuba libres while listening to reggae being played by live bands, in the 90's. But, right....they made for some awful hangovers, even with all the dancing, so I stopped drinking them. :(

:ack-1:

You may not have even remembered the day and night before???? :lmao:
Nah, never had black-outs, just got to a point where I decided the aftereffects weren't worth the buzz.

Agreed. I'm there, too, pretty much. But I do have some great memories of drinking and wild dancing. :)

It's Friday so I will be heading down to the Catholic Church for the fish fry tonight. Yum!!!

Yum is right. That makes me very hungry for some southern-fried catfish, with coleslaw and hushpuppies and a thick slice of onion on the side.

Hold on there, sweet cakes... I'm coming with ya, I'm hungry too... I'll even buy...

:thup: Babes, I would go anywhere with you. I'd even have some bloody mary's with our breakfast, and then try to get into my two piece swimsuit for that dip in Lake Tahoe, with you. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
OFFICIAL BITCH ABOUT THE WEATHER BITCH FROM THE VP OF THE B.A.T.W. CLUB

Ya know... there comes a time each year when a person starts to get sick of waking up and looking at their thermometer and finding what you see below, when the average high for this time of year and area is 35 degrees, and you know we have no chance of even coming close to that, and haven't for the last month and a half, not to mention this is the second winter in a row with record breaking cold temps and long stretches of it to boot. I plan on writing a strongly worded letter to the powers to be in Canada demanding that they keep their cold air up there, along with an explanation as to why they have been sending it down here for the last two years. I will demand this cease immediately. Enough is enough. Americans are patient people, but even we can only be pushed so far.

IMG_0069_zpsmh2cyteo.jpg

Geez, when it's been 20 degrees, it's felt like a heat wave around here! :D

:) I don't think 007 would mind 20 degrees there either. But that thermometer says twenty BELOW. And that's COLD!!! Glad to see you're still with us, Chris. You've had one of the roughest winters of all of us.

As long as I wear my ski pants and jacket, I am warm as toast! :D Can't wait for spring though.

My drinking has slowed waaaaaay down in the last couple years. I rarely drink anymore. I had a couple Corona with a lime wedge yesterday. First time I'd had anything to drink in over two weeks. I do have wine and such in the house but no beer. I do like some Run Chatta on the rocks, but only have that on very rare occasions. I guess booze just really loses it's appeal as you get older. You just don't see the novelty in getting drunk anymore, not to mention the hangovers.

I only drink occasionally, sometimes when I go out with my friends or whatever and on special occasions, like wedding receptions and stuff. I don't really enjoy drinking very much though. It seems I always get sick when I try to go to bed. :cheeky-smiley-018:

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

:thup: Babes, I would go anywhere with you. I'd even have some bloody mary's with our breakfast, and then try to get into my two piece swimsuit for that dip in Lake Tahoe, with you. :D
Uh-oh... I'd be a little embarrassed with my winter spare tire...

My drinking has slowed waaaaaay down in the last couple years. I rarely drink anymore. I had a couple Corona with a lime wedge yesterday. First time I'd had anything to drink in over two weeks. I do have wine and such in the house but no beer. I do like some Run Chatta on the rocks, but only have that on very rare occasions. I guess booze just really loses it's appeal as you get older. You just don't see the novelty in getting drunk anymore, not to mention the hangovers.

When something interferes with my lifestyle or health, I drop it, too. Doesn't matter what it is. Gone.

I'm actually feeling a wee skosha bit better this morning. It could be the Alka Seltzer Cold I took at 2 AM and 7 AM while up coughing my guts inside out, or I may be getting better. Time will tell.
48 here at 11:10, headed for 56. Highs in the low to mid 60's for the week end and in the mid 70's Monday through Wednesday. Thursday (my day off) RAIN. Crap I really need to get something accomplished outside.

Uh-oh... I'd be a little embarrassed with my winter spare tire...

I don't mind a spare tire on men as long as I like their truck, Harley and John Deere tractor. :D

Later guys.....time to get ready. Hugs to all great coffee-mates.

Sometime today I have to get out and clear the driveway, vehicles and sidewalk before the next storm shows up. Would have done it yesterday but I felt terrible, feeling a little better today.

Sometime today I have to get out and clear the driveway, vehicles and sidewalk before the next storm shows up. Would have done it yesterday but I felt terrible, feeling a little better today.

Seems like everyone is getting sick. It's been a long winter. I am dying for summer so I can go to the ocean. I think that is the one thing that is stopping me from moving to a place like Tennessee. I know I would miss the ocean.

Forum List

Back