USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hey! Anyone have a line on old fashioned soda fountain glasses?
I'm looking for the ones with the metal holder, usually made to hold a Coke glass.
I need maybe a half dozen of them.
Doc's is friendly towards designated drivers and non drinkers and we serve Virgil's root beer and cream soda, all kinds of fruit juices and premium coffee ground and brewed to order. And then there's the Cuban coffee which would probably wake up Ronald Reagan.

Anyway, we started stocking Jeremiah Weed sarsaparilla flavored whiskey. They tell me that a shot in a glass of Virgil's root beer is special and worth every bit of the $6.00 price I set. I figured, what the hell! Let's sell root beer floats for $7.50. We already have vanilla ice cream in house for bushwhackers. So, we have this bar called Doc Holliday's serving root beer floats. They need old fashioned glasses.
Add an Easy Pizza Parlor Look - Classic Soda Fountain Glasses Pizza Parlor - Home Decorating Ideas from Retro Planet

6 OLD FASHIONED SODA FOUNTAIN GLASSES with Yellow metal fitting holders eBay

Popular items for metal glass holder on Etsy

I'm looking for the ones with the metal holder, usually made to hold a Coke glass.
Doc's is friendly towards designated drivers and non drinkers and we serve Virgil's root beer and cream soda, all kinds of fruit juices and premium coffee ground and brewed to order. And then there's the Cuban coffee which would probably wake up Ronald Reagan.

Anyway, we started stocking Jeremiah Weed sarsaparilla flavored whiskey. They tell me that a shot in a glass of Virgil's root beer is special and worth every bit of the $6.00 price I set. I figured, what the hell! Let's sell root beer floats for $7.50. We already have vanilla ice cream in house for bushwhackers. So, we have this bar called Doc Holliday's serving root beer floats. They need old fashioned glasses.
Add an Easy Pizza Parlor Look - Classic Soda Fountain Glasses Pizza Parlor - Home Decorating Ideas from Retro Planet

Thanks guy The ones on retro planet are the only ones I hadn't seen yet and they are out of stock on that item. The painted ones on Ebay... not quite the look I want. I have seen the etsy page you linked and am about to order the 11 piece set of metal holders. From the photos, it appears as though there are 2 styles, but that would work. I could even resell what I don't need on Ebay.

I hope this medicine works in a big hurry. Been up coughing my head off since 3.

OFFICIAL BITCH ABOUT THE WEATHER BITCH FROM THE VP OF THE B.A.T.W. CLUB

Ya know... there comes a time each year when a person starts to get sick of waking up and looking at their thermometer and finding what you see below, when the average high for this time of year and area is 35 degrees, and you know we have no chance of even coming close to that, and haven't for the last month and a half, not to mention this is the second winter in a row with record breaking cold temps and long stretches of it to boot. I plan on writing a strongly worded letter to the powers to be in Canada demanding that they keep their cold air up there, along with an explanation as to why they have been sending it down here for the last two years. I will demand this cease immediately. Enough is enough. Americans are patient people, but even we can only be pushed so far.

IMG_0069_zpsmh2cyteo.jpg

Last edited:

Ya know... there comes a time each year when a person starts to get sick of waking up and looking at their thermometer and finding what you see below, when the average high for this time of year and area is 35 degrees, and you know we have no chance of even coming close to that, and haven't for the last month and a half, not to mention this is the second winter in a row with record breaking cold temps and long stretches of it to boot. I plan on writing a strongly worded letter to the powers to be in Canada demanding that they keep their cold air up there, along with an explanation as to why they have been sending it down here for the last two years. I will demand this cease immediately. Enough is enough. Americans are patient people, but even we can only be pushed so far.

IMG_0069_zpsmh2cyteo.jpg

Geez, when it's been 20 degrees, it's felt like a heat wave around here! :D

Morning folks! Happy Friday to you all!

I have fun dinner plans with my family tonight. Let the wine flow freely. I'm helping my dear friend move tomorrow morning so I cant overindulged tonight. Cheers!

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

IMG_0069_zpsmh2cyteo.jpg

Thank you 007 for your action on the weather conditions. You're a good man and I can tell that you have your finger on the pulse of this awful weather. I am glad to have you as a supporting member of the Bitch About The Weather Team. I would go to Washington, DC to strongly complain but the politicians there seem to have their own problems and I feel any action on their part would only make the weather situation worse. I long for the days of strong sunshine, pleasing temps, and I miss seeing ladies wearing shorts and tank tops. I am hoping that spring will be here very soon and once again we can go outside and sweat instead of shivering.

IMG_0069_zpsmh2cyteo.jpg

:) I don't think 007 would mind 20 degrees there either. But that thermometer says twenty BELOW. And that's COLD!!! Glad to see you're still with us, Chris. You've had one of the roughest winters of all of us.

Thanks guy The ones on retro planet are the only ones I hadn't seen yet and they are out of stock on that item. The painted ones on Ebay... not quite the look I want. I have seen the etsy page you linked and am about to order the 11 piece set of metal holders. From the photos, it appears as though there are 2 styles, but that would work. I could even resell what I don't need on Ebay.

I hope this medicine works in a big hurry. Been up coughing my head off since 3.
That's interesting, when I click on the ebay link I get a whole list of those style glasses, not just the yellow painted ones.

IMG_0069_zpsmh2cyteo.jpg

:) I don't think 007 would mind 20 degrees here either. But that thermometer says twenty BELOW. And that's COLD!!!
Pffft, that's summer in Siberia.......

I have fun dinner plans with my family tonight. Let the wine flow freely. I'm helping my dear friend move tomorrow morning so I cant overindulged tonight. Cheers!

That's the only part about drinking alcoholic beverages I don't like: that next day of the drowsies, or worse, depending....:lol:

That's the only part about drinking alcoholic beverages I don't like: that next day of the drowsies, or worse, depending....:lol:
Why do ya think I quit drinking? My last hangover lasted a week.........

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Good morning everybody. Another night of waking up every hour on the hour and having a tough time getting back to sleep. No idea why as I am feeling better otherwise. I'm going to try very hard not to nap in my chair today and see if that remedies the situation.

We have about 3 inches of snow on the ground and the afternoon volunteer at the gift shop has already called in and says she's not getting out. So Hombre will have to pull an extra shift--the head honcho is out of town and left him in charge. He's not really happy about it.

Why do ya think I quit drinking? My last hangover lasted a week.........

:ack-1:

You may not have even remembered the day and night before???? :lmao:

That's interesting, when I click on the ebay link I get a whole list of those style glasses, not just the yellow painted ones.
Now, so do I. Strange. Last night the yellow things were the only ones. Now there seems to be 4 pages.

Forum List

Back