USMB Coffee Shop IV

The brass ones are not quite the look I'm going for. The second link is for 2 of the ones I lost out on. 6 sold for $35.
I'll likely pick up some of the heavy glass milkshake glasses with the short stem and foot and keep my eyes open.

Sometime today I have to get out and clear the driveway, vehicles and sidewalk before the next storm shows up. Would have done it yesterday but I felt terrible, feeling a little better today.

Seems like everyone is getting sick. It's been a long winter. I am dying for summer so I can go to the ocean. I think that is the one thing that is stopping me from moving to a place like Tennessee. I know I would miss the ocean.
Alabama has the Gulf of Mexico. Just sayin....

The brass ones are not quite the look I'm going for. The second link is for 2 of the ones I lost out on. 6 sold for $35.
I'll likely pick up some of the heavy glass milkshake glasses with the short stem and foot and keep my eyes open.

Have you seen these at Amazon, Ernie? Is this what you are looking for?
Amazon.com sundae glasses

It's Friday so I will be heading down to the Catholic Church for the fish fry tonight. Yum!!!

Yum is right. That makes me very hungry for some southern-fried catfish, with coleslaw and hushpuppies and a thick slice of onion on the side.

I'd better go grab some breakfast....lol.
Hold on there, sweet cakes... I'm coming with ya, I'm hungry too... I'll even buy...

:thup: Babes, I would go anywhere with you. I'd even have some bloody mary's with our breakfast, and then try to get into my two piece swimsuit for that dip in Lake Tahoe, with you. :D
Uh-oh... I'd be a little embarrassed with my winter spare tire...

I don't mind a spare tire on men as long as I like their truck, Harley and John Deere tractor. :D

Later guys.....time to get ready. Hugs to all great coffee-mates.
Have a Harley, a truck and a tractor. Alas, it's not a John Deer but it is bigger that 007's.

Sometime today I have to get out and clear the driveway, vehicles and sidewalk before the next storm shows up. Would have done it yesterday but I felt terrible, feeling a little better today.

Seems like everyone is getting sick. It's been a long winter. I am dying for summer so I can go to the ocean. I think that is the one thing that is stopping me from moving to a place like Tennessee. I know I would miss the ocean.

I wonder how much a license to sell insurance costs there? Here in MA, it is quite expensive, and I'm going on interviews for sales positions and I'd like to have my license to be able to sell insurance.

It's Friday so I will be heading down to the Catholic Church for the fish fry tonight. Yum!!!

Yum is right. That makes me very hungry for some southern-fried catfish, with coleslaw and hushpuppies and a thick slice of onion on the side.

Hold on there, sweet cakes... I'm coming with ya, I'm hungry too... I'll even buy...

:thup: Babes, I would go anywhere with you. I'd even have some bloody mary's with our breakfast, and then try to get into my two piece swimsuit for that dip in Lake Tahoe, with you. :D

I don't mind a spare tire on men as long as I like their truck, Harley and John Deere tractor. :D

I sure do like the way you think, darlin', but give me a couple weeks outside working after it warms up and I'll be fit as a fiddle...

Have a Harley, a truck and a tractor. Alas, it's not a John Deer but it is bigger that 007's.
I have three trucks... :lol:

(But I don't own a bar.)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Yup the anchor Hockings or the Libbys will do for now. We have a store in town that has hundreds of styles of glasses. I'll see what I can find there this afternoon.

My tractor can dig a hole, lift yours and drop it in and bury it before you'd know it was gone. :D

I interviewed for an independent contracted sales position at AFLAK, but I've been out of the loop for SO long with my current job working from home that I don't really have very many business connections anymore. There are a couple of former employers and one I know for sure who is still in business, but she is in RI. I'm a little hesitant if I can meet a quota with such few contacts. Of course, I could always telemarket or go into businesses and give my spiel. :D I don't think telemarketing is a very successful technique though. I know, for myself, I always hang up on telemarketers. Lol.

I think I would probably be better off starting off working directly for an employer and that way, I can start making some connections. :) That sounds like a good plan to me. Anyone who has any sales experience, I would welcome your advice on the best ways to get started in this career.

Yup the anchor Hockings or the Libbys will do for now. We have a store in town that has hundreds of styles of glasses. I'll see what I can find there this afternoon.

Sounds like a plan. Or if you do order from Amazon, they can have them there by Monday or Tuesday. We have Amazon prime accounts that provides free two-day shipping on everything we order that is marked 'prime' and just about everything is. In truth, you pay a little more for the item and that no doubt offsets the shipping costs, but it still saves us quite a bit of money and is soooo convenient.

Do you realize that if I worked for AFLAK as an independent contractor in sales, I could make almost $70,000 in just commissions alone. That is I get 48 employees to sign on to one of the AFLAK plans per month. That makes the company around $200,000, via my sales savvy. :D It is certainly a tempting position.

My tractor can dig a hole, lift yours and drop it in and bury it before you'd know it was gone. :D
OOOoooooo K... :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

I wonder how much a license to sell insurance costs there? Here in MA, it is quite expensive, and I'm going on interviews for sales positions and I'd like to have my license to be able to sell insurance.

Hombre (my hubby) has had insurance agency licenses in Texas and Kansas, but he never really sold insurance. Both states required very rigorous exams to qualify for the license but the license itself was not all that expensive. Our adjusters licenses when we were doing that were I think $150/year?

Was just looking at the fee schedule in Massachusetts though and yeah, that's pretty pricey.

Forum List

Back