CDZ USMB POLL: Woman shot, killed by two-year-old son - Who is responsible for this woman's death?

Who was responsible for the woman's death in this story?

• The 2 year old child was responsible for his mother's death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Did the gun even have a safety?
Lots of guns don't have safeties. I would dare to say that most of the handguns circulating in the U.S. don't have safeties.

Well sheesh, you said safety off so I thought you knew that for sure. What about the hammer down? Is that a guess?
No safety/safety off may as well be the same thing. And no way could a 2 year old squeeze a long pull.

Toddlers have strong hands.
Oh well then it would be IRRESPONSIBLE of a person to leave a loaded firearm within their easy reach.

I think we all said that. So we all agree. :)

Lots of guns don't have safeties. I would dare to say that most of the handguns circulating in the U.S. don't have safeties.

Well sheesh, you said safety off so I thought you knew that for sure. What about the hammer down? Is that a guess?
No safety/safety off may as well be the same thing. And no way could a 2 year old squeeze a long pull.

Toddlers have strong hands.
Oh well then it would be IRRESPONSIBLE of a person to leave a loaded firearm within their easy reach.

I think we all said that. So we all agree. :)
Oh then good work everyone

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Her "crime" was to not hold on to her purse, right? She probably has a habit of placing it in the cart. You can't control that all the time.
And that was the woman’s fatal mistake – a gun owner is 100 percent responsible for her firearm 100 of the time; gun owners can’t afford to have any thoughtless habits.

The child could have killed a bystander instead of the woman, for which she would have clearly been responsible.

Her "crime" was to not hold on to her purse, right? She probably has a habit of placing it in the cart. You can't control that all the time.

You can and should if you have a loaded gun in your purse, especially with a toddler right there.

Of course, but the point was she did not have full awareness of her surroundings.

She wasn't aware that she had a loaded gun with a baby?

You can and should if you have a loaded gun in your purse, especially with a toddler right there.

Of course, but the point was she did not have full awareness of her surroundings.

Not fully obviously.

Not fully obviously.

That stupidity cost her, her life.

Not fully obviously.

Yes it did, sadly.

Not fully obviously.

Or it could have been the life of someone else.

Not fully obviously.

Or it could have been the life of someone else.

Right, and she would still be responsible. I do not know why anyone would think she's not responsible for her gun, her purse, and her toddler.

Forum List

Back