USMCA is Going to Put Trump Over the Top 2020

And none of us are tired of Winning! Thank you, Mr. President. Sometimes you sound like a drunk sailor, but you really get things done! Congrats!

My opinion remains that his biggest asset going into 2020 has been his public and powerful standing up to China. In fact, I think it's the issue that no Democrat can compete with him on. They know once the G.E debate begin, any questions regarding China will be wins for Trump.

Standing up to all trade abusers is vital. Be they, friend or foe. His immigration reform and of course, building the wall are huge. Tax/regulation cuts are all big. As far as I can ascertain, his loud and confident calling out of China, with no fear or desire to back down is so different than what Western leaders have done the last three decades that many voters will support him unconditionally. They realize he is keeping his word, jobs are coming back along with increased wages.

It's great to see a politician be a leader and know what is right, but most importantly DO what is right rather than knowing and selling out. People are sick of being beaten up, it's not just America. Look at the UK and other European nations.

My opinion remains that his biggest asset going into 2020 has been his public and powerful standing up to China. In fact, I think it's the issue that no Democrat can compete with him on. They know once the G.E debate begin, any questions regarding China will be wins for Trump.

Standing up to all trade abusers is vital. Be they, friend or foe. His immigration reform and of course, building the wall are huge. Tax/regulation cuts are all big. As far as I can ascertain, his loud and confident calling out of China, with no fear or desire to back down is so different than what Western leaders have done the last three decades that many voters will support him unconditionally. They realize he is keeping his word, jobs are coming back along with increased wages.

It's great to see a politician be a leader and know what is right, but most importantly DO what is right rather than knowing and selling out. People are sick of being beaten up, it's not just America. Look at the UK and other European nations.
Totally agree with you. It simply took a president who was looking out for the U.S. He actually had to clash with his own party to get things done. He is amazing!

We have a President who actually gives a shit about American blue collar workers. God Bless Donald J. Trump.
BOTTOM LINE: President Trump's USMCA will be great for the economy

From your own link...

The U.S. International Trade Commission predicts that the USMCA would grow the U.S. economy by $68.2 billion and add 176,000 jobs.

What your link left out is that is over the lifetime of the agreement...16 years.

So, the GDP for the US is 19.39 trillion. So, according to Trump's own numbers that will add 0.35% to the GDP over the next 16 years, or 0.022% per year, or since we like to measure these things quarterly...0.0055% each quarter.

Does that seem like it will make a large difference to our economy?

How about those job numbers...going by Trump's own numbers we will be adding an extra 916 jobs a month.

We have a President who actually gives a shit about American blue collar workers. God Bless Donald J. Trump.

Can you list the specific ways the USMCA will help the economy as compared to NAFTA?

Thanks!
1. WASHINGTON, Dec 19 (Reuters) - The new North American trade deal addresses most concerns of U.S. labor unions, Richard Trumka, head of the AFL-CIO union federation, said on Thursday, but even so he expects it could take more than a decade to reverse job losses resulting from the original 25-year-old trade pact.

2. “This isn’t a perfect agreement; it still has room for improvement. But it is well on its way to getting there,” Trumka said in an interview. “It’s going to take a few years to begin to reverse the bad and the evil that was done by NAFTA, the harm that was done to our economy and to the manufacturing sector.”

He said it could take eight to 12 years to reverse the loss of manufacturing jobs triggered by the original free trade deal.

Automotive jobs were a linchpin issue of the deal.

3. The AFL-CIO estimates the United States has lost 851,700 jobs to Mexico because of NAFTA. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Mexico was $80.7 billion in 2018, compared with a $1.7 billion surplus in 1993, thanks in part to U.S. companies moving manufacturing operations south of the border.

AFL-CIO's Trumka says USMCA is first step to undoing evils of NAFTA

From your own link...

The U.S. International Trade Commission predicts that the USMCA would grow the U.S. economy by $68.2 billion and add 176,000 jobs.

What your link left out is that is over the lifetime of the agreement...16 years.

So, the GDP for the US is 19.39 trillion. So, according to Trump's own numbers that will add 0.35% to the GDP over the next 16 years, or 0.022% per year, or since we like to measure these things quarterly...0.0055% each quarter.

How about those job numbers...going by Trump's own numbers we will be adding an extra 916 jobs a month.

When compared to the damage Rodham would have done with TPP, I think it looks pretty good.

Can you list the specific ways the USMCA will help the economy as compared to NAFTA?

Thanks!
1. WASHINGTON, Dec 19 (Reuters) - The new North American trade deal addresses most concerns of U.S. labor unions, Richard Trumka, head of the AFL-CIO union federation, said on Thursday, but even so he expects it could take more than a decade to reverse job losses resulting from the original 25-year-old trade pact.

2. “This isn’t a perfect agreement; it still has room for improvement. But it is well on its way to getting there,” Trumka said in an interview. “It’s going to take a few years to begin to reverse the bad and the evil that was done by NAFTA, the harm that was done to our economy and to the manufacturing sector.”

He said it could take eight to 12 years to reverse the loss of manufacturing jobs triggered by the original free trade deal.

3. The AFL-CIO estimates the United States has lost 851,700 jobs to Mexico because of NAFTA. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Mexico was $80.7 billion in 2018, compared with a $1.7 billion surplus in 1993, thanks in part to U.S. companies moving manufacturing operations south of the border.

According to the Trump admin, the USMCA would add 76,000 new auto jobs in the US...over the 16 year lifespan...that comes out to 4750 a year or 396 a month.

Does that seem like it will reverse 25 years of job losses?

Does that sound like it will reverse that trade deficit?

Thanks!

According to the Trump admin, the USMCA would add 76,000 new auto jobs in the US...over the 16 year lifespan...that comes out to 4750 a year or 396 a month.

Does that seem like it will reverse 25 years of job losses?

Does that sound like it will reverse that trade deficit?

Its a step in the right direction. I would like to see Al Gore debate NAFTA 25 years later. What a disaster.

The president of AFL-CIO says it will take time to undo the 25 years of deficits. Keep in mind, NAFTA didn't have to be done in the first place and no one took the initiative to undo it until Trump came along.

From your own link...

When compared to the damage Rodham would have done with TPP, I think it looks pretty good.

I am not saying it is a bad deal or that there is anything really wrong with it. It is what anyone that pays attention should have expected...some minor tweaks to the old deal. The best thing about it is 16 years of stability.

The president of AFL-CIO says it will take time to undo the 25 years of deficits. Keep in mind, NAFTA didn't have to be done in the first place and no one took the initiative to undo it until Trump came along.

From your own link...

I am not saying it is a bad deal or that there is anything really wrong with it. It is what anyone that pays attention should have expected...some minor tweaks to the old deal. The best thing about it is 16 years of stability.

I agree with that assessment. It stops the bleeding. Trump thinks the results will be better. Truth, no one knows how it will look in 16 years. Look at the predictions Gore and others made about NAFTA. They proved to be false. Ross Perot got the last laugh. Look at the projections on Obamacare. $2500 per year savings. Result. Nothing. Bush's disastrous tax plan. I remember getting just a couple hundred dollars savings and knew it was a bust. The government always over promises and under delivers. I expect it will always be that way because there are simply too many hand outs and deals needed to get any deal through.

From your own link...

I agree with that assessment. It stops the bleeding. Trump thinks the results will be better. Truth, no one knows how it will look in 16 years. Look at the predictions Gore and others made about NAFTA. They proved to be false. Ross Perot got the last laugh. Look at the projections on Obamacare. $2500 per year savings. Result. Nothing. Bush's disastrous tax plan. I remember getting just a couple hundred dollars savings and knew it was a bust. The government always over promises and under delivers. I expect it will always be that way because there are simply too many hand outs and deals needed to get any deal through.
If there is going to be anything different , Trump will be the one to bring about real change.

From your own link...

If there is going to be anything different , Trump will be the one to bring about real change.

His reputation as the king of deals is all part of his reality TV persona...there is no actual facts or actions behind it.

From your own link...

He is trying. His Presidency is exhibit #1 of what happens to someone that tries to change DC.

From your own link...

His reputation as the king of deals is all part of his reality TV persona...there is no actual facts or actions behind it.
Obviously, he has made many deals when it comes to his real estate deals and building deals, even with other countries. A man cannot be as successful as he is without making successful deals.

Obviously, he has made many deals when it comes to his real estate deals and building deals, even with other countries. A man cannot be as successful as he is without making successful deals.

He makes lots of deals, not necessarily good deals.

So what parts of the economy can we expect to improve?
Look at what changes have already been made, a 10,000 increase in the stock market, lowest unemployment in 50 years, lowest unemployment for people with color EVER, manufacturing coming back to the states, tarrifs with other countries yielding positive results, our military which had been ignored for decades is being built up again, what not to like?

Forum List

Back