Utility bills are too high

DakotaKai_fan20

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2024
I know a lot of people saying utilities are too high this summer. I mean water is very high, over 200 dollars. But what is really killing Americans wallets is the electricity bills. I have heard that some Hawaiians and Californians are getting electric bills up to a thousand bucks. Meanwhile here in South Carolina electric bills run 400, 500 dollars. I say that the utility companies are price gouging. It forces folks to spend money on the other stuff the need like food. It is honestly gotten ridiculous.

I know a lot of people saying utilities are too high this summer. I mean water is very high, over 200 dollars. But what is really killing Americans wallets is the electricity bills. I have heard that some Hawaiians and Californians are getting electric bills up to a thousand bucks. Meanwhile here in South Carolina electric bills run 400, 500 dollars. I say that the utility companies are price gouging. It forces folks to spend money on the other stuff the need like food. It is honestly gotten ridiculous.
Waste water bill is higher than water bill, here, as it takes more to clean it after it is used. I never have been thrilled that when putting thousands of gallons in the pool to raise water level back above the skimmers at beginning of season, I got charged for the water and charged again as if it had gone into the sewers as waste water, but I have never had a water and waste water any where near $200 dollars. Of course water is plentiful here, coming from a sand aquifer going all the way to the Ozarks in Arkansas.

My total utilities will steeply drop after this month, when we close the pool for the years. Running one or two pumps for 6 hours or more a day, does make it jump in pool season. My total utilities (electric, gas, water, wasted water and cable TV included) are usually less than $430, with a couple of months in fall and spring dropping to the mid to upper $300 dollar range.

Waste water bill is higher than water bill, here, as it takes more to clean it after it is used. I never have been thrilled that when putting thousands of gallons in the pool to raise water level back above the skimmers at beginning of season, I got charged for the water and charged again as if it had gone into the sewers as waste water, but I have never had a water and waste water any where near $200 dollars. Of course water is plentiful here, coming from a sand aquifer going all the way to the Ozarks in Arkansas.

My total utilities will steeply drop after this month, when we close the pool for the years. Running one or two pumps for 6 hours or more a day, does make it jump in pool season. My total utilities (electric, gas, water, wasted water and cable TV included) are usually less than $430, with a couple of months in fall and spring dropping to the mid to upper $300 dollar range.
When you clean pools, the water doesn't drain into the sewers. I'm lucky and don't have to pay waste water bills as I use a septic tank. And for my case the average electric bill is around 160 dollars in my state of South Carolina. It is ridiculous getting a 400 - 500 dollar bill for electricity in the summer.

Mine ran around $190 the last two months, the highest all year. I built my house for the climate we live in. Pretty simple. 10' wide porch all the way around, reflective roof, thick stone walls, high ceilings.

When you clean pools, the water doesn't drain into the sewers. I'm lucky and don't have to pay waste water bills as I use a septic tank. And for my case the average electric bill is around 160 dollars in my state of South Carolina. It is ridiculous getting a 400 - 500 dollar bill for electricity in the summer.
True. My electricity, water and waste water were higher in August as it was hot with no rain and I added about 6 inches to the pool as well as doing some watering of the Zoysia for only the first or second time, this year. The city bases waste water off the amount of water, so nothing I can do about it. Like you, I have never seen a $400 to $500 electric bill. I understand some parts of the country get burnt pretty bad on electric rates. The National Average is 16.41 ¢/kWh. Tennessee is down around 12.57 ¢/kWh and in the top 10 for lowest rates in the country. I guess Utah has it best at 11.5 ¢/kWh and Hawaii has it worst at
42.45 ¢/kWh.
Here is the latest report, I found.

80% of nukes are fossil fuel fired in this country , there is no possibility of a wind or solar 'retrofit' simply because they can not supply the amount of 'umph' the green machine is insisting on

Even if they could, our infrastructure doesn't exist to integrate it all.

Nor is electricity going to 'save the planet' , by trading pollution you do see for pollution you do not

want to save the planet?

turn something off
:cool:
~S~

I remember when electric bills was around 100 dollars. Water bills were 20 dollars. That was around 2005 when I was four. At that time, I lived in upstate South Carolina. These days I live near the coast.

Forum List

Back