🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Veteran's Day

To all the Nam vets out there:

Welcome Home My Brothers!
Back at you friend.
Today I'll celebrate later by getting fucking drunk. Otherwise I'll just sit and weep.
A few minutes ago I saw a veteran waiting for a cab to take him to a service.
He was wearing his dress uniform. At least ten medals on his chest. Many campaign ribbons. I've met him socially a few times and never knew he was a vet. He had the same reaction when he saw me.
My grandfather fought at Vimy Ridge and Yep where he was blinded by mustard gas. He was seventeen when he was sent home to England. He made string shopping bags to survive. He died when he was thirty.
He fashioned a small brass ring from a cartridge shell on which he had stamped 45FA also the words Vimy and Ypres. He gave it to his new wife of three months in England when he returned.
I inherited this ring.
I wore it with my dog tags. I believe he protected me from harm.

President Obama was well aware of the ongoing disaster at the va when he took office. .
what about the stooge that started the two wars Widow Maker 43 ...here is a big clue widow maker 43 started two wars and then allowed his victims our Soldiers to languish in misery......widowmaker 43 put the veterans in harms way for no Reason........fuck you and all the GOP chicken-hawk chickenshits...

President Obama was well aware of the ongoing disaster at the va when he took office. .
what about the stooge that started the two wars Widow Maker 43 ...here is a big clue widow maker 43 started two wars and then allowed his victims our Soldiers to languish in misery......widowmaker 43 put the veterans in harms way for no Reason........fuck you and all the GOP chicken-hawk chickenshits...

Nice.

So those of us who served are chickenshits? Fuck you pussy.

In 2014, Senate Republicans blocked a Veterans’ benefits bill that would have expanded Federal healthcare and education programs for veterans; Republicans claimed the Veterans were not worth the cost to the federal budget. The legislation’s supporters said the measure would bring the most significant changes in decades to Veterans’ programs, but Republicans are conservatives who despise “significant change” nearly as much as they do America’s Veterans..

So those of us who served are chickenshits? Fuck you pussy.
Barely two years earlier, it was House Republicans attempting to slash Veterans’ benefits and seriously began pushing a scam to privatize Veterans’ healthcare. According to Nobel prize-winning economist Paul Krugman, the Republican privatization scam was typical of conservative schemes in that it would “be grossly inadequate, and become more so over time. Veterans would fail to receive essential care.”

Speaking strictly of you ...yes you are a chickenshit and an asshole too...fuck you too bitch

12241382_10153100503377016_3652541083696287464_n.png

The near outright failure by the VA to deliver on promised benefits to our vets has a lot to do with the lousy pay they offer for healthcare providers. And that's a real shame seeings how the government is often times overpaying the hired help in other departments.
Guess Who Tried to Prevent the VA Crisis
Republicans beat back a Democratic attempt to provide almost $2 billion in additional health care funding for veterans,

We already know you're a partisan hack so there's no need for you to offer up anymore proof of that.

President Obama was well aware of the ongoing disaster at the va when he took office. His failure to act during that time, a time when democrats owned both houses of congress and the whitehouse speaks volumes. And it's all bad. Especially in light of the fact we were a nation at war producing wounded vets numbering in the tens of thousands. Clearly a failure on the part of this administration to act in a timely manner to solve an ongoing problem that could only get worse over time.

Tell us how President Obama knew of the VA issues when he took office in 2009 when they hadn't even come onto the radar until years later! Also, you put an emphasis on the vets from the ME wars when they added a much smaller proportion of the workload than the Vietnam vets at that time!

From what you've posted, you don't know jack shit about the VA or the issues leading to the backlogs in the VBA or the VHA or their genesis! Those of us who have dealt with the VA for years know the skinny and it's fucking BIPARTISAN-NEGLECT! The ONLY thing Obama screwed up on is making Shinseki SecVA in 2009.

...The ONLY way to START to repair the damage the VA has wrought is to completely overhaul the VA CULTURE...
Agreed.

...If you've never been enrolled in the VA fiefdoms you really have no basis for an opinion...
Then, I have more basis for opinion than most; including, quite possibly, yourself.

But one doesn't need to be enrolled in various VA fiefdoms in order to know the truth; that its problems are BIPARTISAN in nature, eh?

...And no, media coverage doesn't scratch the surface of depth of the longstanding problems within the VA!...
Agreed.

...Further, it's not simply on the VHA side of the VA with the problems. The VBA is every bit as bad with delivering compensation and pension benefits with their hidebound and arbitrary practices!
Agreed.

--------------------

They are also in the midst of widespread changes and overhauling.

Some of it imposed from without; some of it driven from within, reacting to outside pressures.

Whether it will be enough, remains to be seen, but The People and Congress need to remain omnipresent during any attempted Reformation.

A tribute to those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe...

Indeed....I can assure you that all veterans appreciate all these kind words. There are private charity centers dedicated for veterans and they can use some help. Any amount of donations or time to help at these centers will be greatly appreciated by these veterans. Waiting list is very long.

Forum List

Back