Vets protest cuts; GOP will turn on military soon

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Charleston-area veterans protest sequestration - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Im sure this is happening elsewhere. But many military vets protested outside the VA in Charleston yesterday. As you can see in the link, they had many signs, including "No More Tax Cuts for the Rich". The government cuts are starting to affect the military. And they are, afterall, government employees. So just like many teachers, firemen, cops, etc, protested state and city cuts back in 2010, 2011 and were demonized by the right wing.......this will do the same.

Slowly, military folks will be upset at having their share of the government pie cut. Protests, like this one, will slowly begin to show. And the radical right wingers will once again let ideology trump all. The more and more these protests start to resemble the protests of 2010 and 2011, the more and more the Tea Party and radical right will start to make those folks the enemy of their ideology.

Yep. Just as I predicted, the right wing is becoming crazier and more radical by the day. And their eventual turn against the US military is inevitable. All its gonna take is stuff like this- military vets expressing concern that their living, what they've earned, is being taken away. And accurate or not, the image is that its being taken away on behalf of not raising taxes on the rich.

This should be fun to watch. WHEN the Democrats take the House next year, I think that is when the right wing goes into overdrive and turns on the entire government- military included.

Just watched the video. Another sign read "We Are One- Dont Take Our Rights" referring to their government provided benefits. If the story didnt tell you they are military vets, then they'd appear to be just another OWS or government union protest. And right wingers will see it just that way. Military or not, they'll be lumped in with all the other government employees. AND they'll be lumped in with just simple welfare queens. Afterall, on this very board, many right wingers have actually said "whats the difference" when speaking of govt employees vs welfare queens.

Sorry military folks. But they're gonna turn on you. Dont worry, there is plenty of room in the Ex-Republicans Club out here on non-partisan island.

Charleston-area veterans protest sequestration - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Im sure this is happening elsewhere. But many military vets protested outside the VA in Charleston yesterday. As you can see in the link, they had many signs, including "No More Tax Cuts for the Rich". The government cuts are starting to affect the military. And they are, afterall, government employees. So just like many teachers, firemen, cops, etc, protested state and city cuts back in 2010, 2011 and were demonized by the right wing.......this will do the same.

Slowly, military folks will be upset at having their share of the government pie cut. Protests, like this one, will slowly begin to show. And the radical right wingers will once again let ideology trump all. The more and more these protests start to resemble the protests of 2010 and 2011, the more and more the Tea Party and radical right will start to make those folks the enemy of their ideology.

Yep. Just as I predicted, the right wing is becoming crazier and more radical by the day. And their eventual turn against the US military is inevitable. All its gonna take is stuff like this- military vets expressing concern that their living, what they've earned, is being taken away. And accurate or not, the image is that its being taken away on behalf of not raising taxes on the rich.

This should be fun to watch. WHEN the Democrats take the House next year, I think that is when the right wing goes into overdrive and turns on the entire government- military included.

sounds like you are getting a thrill over it?
stop using our vets for your hate towards Republicans

You're one dumb motherfucker, that's for sure.

Obama has made sure to make the cuts as painful as possible. Why aren't they and you protesting his decisions?

they always turn on the vets when they come home.

they are a part of the 47% the right claims are nothing but takers.

Never forget how the right treated returning Vietnam vets.

They never want to Pay for their care after the war is over

You're one dumb motherfucker, that's for sure.

Obama has made sure to make the cuts as painful as possible. Why aren't they and you protesting his decisions?

Hey dumbass, maybe you missed the link. They are protesting it. They are protesting the cuts, not the president. The cuts that the entire govt made, Obama, the House, the Senate. They couldnt agree on anything, and the cuts happened. The vets are too good for partisanship like that, they just protest the cuts to what they earned.

The right wing will see them through their radical prism: Yet another group of govt employees bitching about having their piece of the pie cut. See? Out of uniform, with signs protesting govt cuts, they dont look any different than any other govt employee, do they?

Thats why I've predicted this. The radical right will turn on the military.

And "Stephanie", you're right, I am happy about that. Not about their cuts. That sucks. But about the right wing turning on the military. Because once that happens, the radical right will then become so batshit nutty, so isolated, that the movement and the Republican Party will die off and become extinct, a footnote in history books 200 years from now, a mindset and ideology that held society back, but, eventually was exposed and died off.

And it'll be the fault of the right wingers themselves. No one to blame but themselves for their own extinction.

Vets protest cuts; GOP will turn on military soon

If it will help make Obama look bad it will be well worth it.

Thats the radical right wing mindset. They'll start seeing the military as just another group of protesting govt employees mad about taking cuts. And the right will turn on them- thinking that doing so will make Obama look bad.

And I beg the right wing- please do just that!

The right has done this all my life.
GOAD the peopel into war.

Make a mess of it

then refuse to pay for the harm they caused to the vets.

They let Veitnam vets DIE in the streets all my life.

They refused to give them care and many ended up homeless and self medicating for their healthcare problems.

The right throws them away like trash.

Now the scum are calling them the 47% so they can complain about the wounded vets being a burden.

They refused to give them care and many ended up homeless and self medicating for their healthcare problems.

Yep. The right wing praises the military and worships them to no end when its time to send them off to fight a war. Especially an oil war, or a war that will net some cozy defense contracts for their buddies and donors.

BUT.....when those fine folks come back after courageously fighting and WINNING yet another war, the right wing then discards them.

Its why we have stuff like the Wounded Warrior Project- a heroic effort in charity to try to help those folks.

Wounded warriors of our military shouldnt need fundraisers for their care. The government that sent them to war should take 100% care of that.

But there are too many rich folks in red states that need new yachts to bother having to pay for that.

I don't know why they protested at the VA. It's funding is immune from sequester cuts. And, this President has increased funding and staff at the VA, more than making up for cuts during the Bush administration.

Yep. The right wing praises the military and worships them to no end when its time to send them off to fight a war. Especially an oil war, or a war that will net some cozy defense contracts for their buddies and donors.

BUT.....when those fine folks come back after courageously fighting and WINNING yet another war, the right wing then discards them.

Its why we have stuff like the Wounded Warrior Project- a heroic effort in charity to try to help those folks.

Wounded warriors of our military shouldnt need fundraisers for their care. The government that sent them to war should take 100% care of that.

But there are too many rich folks in red states that need new yachts to bother having to pay for that.

why this country allows republicans to get into office is just beyond me.

Even with all the cheatingand the lying they do their numbers should be next to nothing

How many are vets and how many are paid democrat shills?

And so it begins.

Military folks, this is just the first drop of the coming rain storm.

Military vets, who earned what they were promised, and even that is still not enough- especially the wounded combat troops- who are now being called Democrat shills?

Disgusting. Simply disgusting. The right wing was ok with being against wasteful governmetn welfare and non-essential govt spending. I was a right winger for a long time in support of that.

But their radical turn against all government employees- including the military now- is flat out disgusting.

Just watched the video. Another sign read "We Are One- Dont Take Our Rights" referring to their government provided benefits. If the story didnt tell you they are military vets, then they'd appear to be just another OWS or government union protest. And right wingers will see it just that way. Military or not, they'll be lumped in with all the other government employees. AND they'll be lumped in with just simple welfare queens. Afterall, on this very board, many right wingers have actually said "whats the difference" when speaking of govt employees vs welfare queens.

Sorry military folks. But they're gonna turn on you. Dont worry, there is plenty of room in the Ex-Republicans Club out here on non-partisan island.

Try employment compensation.. not 'government provided benefits' like the welfare queens and kings get

And since national defense, and the soldiers who sacrifice to provide them, are not lumped in with the entitlement junkies.. but nice try

Forum List

Back