Vicki Gene Robinson divorces

Clement

A REAL free thinker
Mar 8, 2014
A Bishop?s Decision to Divorce - The Daily Beast

It's hard to believe it's been that long, but Gene Robinson's consecration to Bishop was a major factor in the Episcopal church's slow descent into irrelevance.

About that time traditional Episcopalians started heading for the exits to become what is now known as "continuing Anglicans", that is to say, they practice historical Anglicanism.

When all of this was going on, I thought, "I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I was the cause of this kind of church split - I would refuse".

No, he put his own interests above those of the church. Now the marriage that sent the Episcopal church over the cliff is no more.

As much as I would love to indulge myself in some schadenfreude right about now, I can't. It's all just too tragic.

Last edited:
It destroyed the Episcopal Church. It caused an irreversible split. That was the intended purpose. No matter what else happened after this demonic marriage, it had the desired result.

It destroyed the Episcopal Church. It caused an irreversible split. That was the intended purpose. No matter what else happened after this demonic marriage, it had the desired result.

I wonder if Brucie and the other leftists will be here talking about "equality", totally ignoring the scripture which states:

"Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife..."

Robinson was not faithful to either his wife or his husband.

It seems to me that any church whose sole existence hangs on the success or failure of a single bishop's marriage can't have a whole lot of depth to it's mission or message.

To err is human, to forgive is divine....Look at the rift Martin Luther caused against the Catholic Church empire..

It seems to me that any church whose sole existence hangs on the success or failure of a single bishop's marriage can't have a whole lot of depth to it's mission or message.

Can't miss the point by a whole lot more than that...

"No, he put his own interests above those of the church. Now the marriage that sent the Episcopal church over the cliff is no more. "

So, your quote above is not the point?

A bishop who practices gay marriage is like a rabbi who judges a pork barbecue contest.

I don't know if I'd go THAT far, I know plenty of Jews who love their bacon.

But I get your drift.

"No, he put his own interests above those of the church. Now the marriage that sent the Episcopal church over the cliff is no more. "

Robinson's "marriage" was not the mission of the church.

It's hard to believe it's been that long, but Gene Robinson's consecration to Bishop was a major factor in the Episcopal church's slow descent into irrelevance.

About that time traditional Episcopalians started heading for the exits to become what is now known as "continuing Anglicans", that is to say, they practice historical Anglicanism.

When all of this was going on, I thought, "I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I was the cause of this kind of church split - I would refuse".

No, he put his own interests above those of the church. Now the marriage that sent the Episcopal church over the cliff is no more.

As much as I would love to indulge myself in some schadenfreude right about now, I can't. It's all just too tragic.

Here's a shitload of christian hetero scandals that didn't destroy their churches; one's far more than a gay man divorcing his husband.

But I guess you hypocrites don't care about them, huh?

List of Christian evangelist scandals | Break These Endless Lies

Here's a shitload of christian hetero scandals that didn't destroy their churches; one's far more than a gay man divorcing his husband.

No, moron, the issue is that he should never have been a Bishop in the first place, or a Priest, or even a Deacon. He divorced his wife (a woman) apparently for this other guy. If a Protestant pastor runs off with his secretary clowns like you are the first ones to point fingers, but if the pastor is gay you are okay with it. Don't call me a hypocrite, you hypocrite.

Yet, it was enough to totally derail the mission of the church, and to paraphrase you, split the church into two separate churches. I would say that the congregation did not seem to be too focused on the mission, whatever it was.

Last edited:

Yet, it was enough tom totally derail the mission of the church, and to paraphrase you, split the church into two separate churches. I would say that the congregation did not seem to be too focused on the mission, whatever it was.

It destroyed the STRUCTURE of the church. The rest of your post is too ignorant to bother with.

Yet, it was enough tom totally derail the mission of the church, and to paraphrase you, split the church into two separate churches. I would say that the congregation did not seem to be too focused on the mission, whatever it was.

It destroyed the STRUCTURE of the church. The rest of your post is too ignorant to bother with.

Pretty damned flimsy "structure" then, I would guess. I say this not to piss you off, but because if I were a believer, I would not consider a bishop's personal behavior as being relevant to my faith in god, or the whole purpose of my personal salvation. I would certainly not look to condemn a brother for his personal behavior. I would figure that that was why god got the big bucks.

Stop now.

No, moron, the issue is that he should never have been a Bishop in the first place, or a Priest, or even a Deacon. He divorced his wife (a woman) apparently for this other guy. If a Protestant pastor runs off with his secretary clowns like you are the first ones to point fingers, but if the pastor is gay you are okay with it. Don't call me a hypocrite, you hypocrite.

What should his personal life have to do with his business? My problem with this is that your fine with other church higher ups having affairs, getting divorces, and priests diddling little boys.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the gay Bishop divorces his husband and the church is destroyed?????? Therein lies the hypocrisy.

You are one dumb mother fucker. There is no comparison with between a pastor who runs off with his secretary and a pastor who happens to be gay.

HYPOCRITE!

Forum List

Back