Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

There's now should be charges of terrorism/hate crime pending... I still can see a self-defense argument, but... I think the court of public opinion will be swiftly going towards the GM and TM as illegally detaining and harassing Aubrey.
Murder is the proper charge.

This is the expected response to this situation. A bunch of ignorant cracker racists talking about a white man who had no mother fucking reason to be holding a gun on somebody in the first place defending himself against some blacks guy who they want to claim ran towards a gun.

It is apparent that after the first shot was fired from the truck at Arbery he saw the other white man pointing the gun at him and knew he was about to be shot so he went for it.
My eyes tell me a completely different story:
View attachment 334856

You believe, and have admitted that you believe, that these two "crackers" (as you say) were intending to murder Arbery and that at no point was it possible for Arbery to do something other than what the video above shows, that would have prevented Arbery's death.

I will let everyone here decide if that belief is reasonable under the circumstances.

A guy in a white shirt running in front of a truck and grabbing onto someone who got out of the truck
That’s what I see, don’t know who is who.
Who is who?
That's all you wanted to see. The guy was out of the truck as the guy was jogging down the street. And they had blocked off the street.

Why did they stop the truck in the middle of the street? No one an answer that question.
Does it really matter given what this guy decided to do?

Assume they stop the truck in the middle of the road and pull out 40 guns and pointed to them at him.

Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not run toward the house is

Not say what do you want

No, charge of the guys hole in the guns and try to take them away.

:Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not run toward the houses

Not say what do you want

No, charge at the guys holding the guns and try to take them away.

:laughing0301:

Not one person here believes that was the right thing to do. Not one of you. You all know that he was acting stupidly or aggressively.

Two huge armed white men in a truck. How would he know they wouldn’t shoot him if he ran?

How?

They already passed by him and didn't shoot him.
That doesn't mean anything. They blocked his path. Why would any sane person stop a truck in the middle of the street. You do that in Boston and we are swinging. That is just not a rational move. At least not here in the Northeast.

Yes, they blocked his path. That's what you do when you want to stop someone.

So you admit they wanted to stop him. What right did they have to do that?
Wanting to stop him is not the same as wanting to kill him. I think that's the real issue that some on here cannot accept.

I do not think they intended to kill him but they acted recklessly and THEIR actions took an innocent man's life. THAT's the real issue.
They packed guns, they were prepared to shoot if need be and a shot was fired before the 2 that killed Arbery.

This is the expected response to this situation. A bunch of ignorant cracker racists talking about a white man who had no mother fucking reason to be holding a gun on somebody in the first place defending himself against some blacks guy who they want to claim ran towards a gun.

It is apparent that after the first shot was fired from the truck at Arbery he saw the other white man pointing the gun at him and knew he was about to be shot so he went for it.
View attachment 334856

You believe, and have admitted that you believe, that these two "crackers" (as you say) were intending to murder Arbery and that at no point was it possible for Arbery to do something other than what the video above shows, that would have prevented Arbery's death.

I will let everyone here decide if that belief is reasonable under the circumstances.

A guy in a white shirt running in front of a truck and grabbing onto someone who got out of the truck
Who is who?
The question is, was Aubrey shot before he grabbed T.M.'s gun in front of the truck?
That's irrelevant. They had no right to pull guns on another person.

View attachment 334856

Who is who?
The question is, was Aubrey shot before he grabbed T.M.'s gun in front of the truck?
That's not irrelevant at all. If he was shot before he grabbed the gun or after he grabbed the gun is the difference between self defense and murder. How do you feel about the death penalty if they are guilty of murder. I say so, the death penalty, yes.

Why did they stop the truck in the middle of the street? No one an answer that question.

Assume they stop the truck in the middle of the road and pull out 40 guns and pointed to them at him.

Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

Not one person here believes that was the right thing to do. Not one of you. You all know that he was acting stupidly or aggressively.

Two huge armed white men in a truck. How would he know they wouldn’t shoot him if he ran?

How?

That doesn't mean anything. They blocked his path. Why would any sane person stop a truck in the middle of the street. You do that in Boston and we are swinging. That is just not a rational move. At least not here in the Northeast.

Wanting to stop him is not the same as wanting to kill him. I think that's the real issue that some on here cannot accept.

I do not think they intended to kill him but they acted recklessly and THEIR actions took an innocent man's life. THAT's the real issue.
And, reckless action resulting in the death of another is, by definition, manslaughter.

View attachment 334856

Who is who?
Oh, that is VERY relevant, because now were are talking about murder-1 vs. manslaughter.

There's now should be charges of terrorism/hate crime pending... I still can see a self-defense argument, but... I think the court of public opinion will be swiftly going towards the GM and TM as illegally detaining and harassing Aubrey.
Murder is the proper charge.
I do not disagree. Manslaughter should be a lesser-included charge, or there is substantial risk that these idiots walk with NOTHING.

Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

How?

And, reckless action resulting in the death of another is, by definition, manslaughter.

hence that is what he will get.

Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

How?

Depends. It's a bit different if you are carrying a gun and it's out. The implication is you intend to use it.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The question is intent and what constitutes lawful action.

Murder:
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-1"(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

"(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

"(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life."

If the facts somehow show malice aforethought (which is a legal term meaning premeditated intent to unlawfully kill) you have murder. It's really hard for me to find, based on what is in the video and other factual allegations, that the idiot white dudes intended to unlawfully kill Arbery. If more evidence comes forward, I will reconsider.

HOWEVER, if their actions in attempting to stop an unarmed citizen without legal justification amounts to a felony, I could see a Felony Murder conviction, under (c). It looks like we need more information on "citizen's arrest" in Georgia.

Voluntary Manslaughter:
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-2(a) A person commits the offense of voluntary manslaughter when he causes the death of another human being under circumstances which would otherwise be murder and if he acts solely as the result of a sudden, violent, and irresistible passion resulting from serious provocation sufficient to excite such passion in a reasonable person; however, if there should have been an interval between the provocation and the killing sufficient for the voice of reason and humanity to be heard, of which the jury in all cases shall be the judge, the killing shall be attributed to deliberate revenge and be punished as murder.

(b) A person who commits the offense of voluntary manslaughter, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20 years.

I will need more facts on this, but I doubt it applies

Involuntary Manslaughter:
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-3(a) A person commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of an unlawful act when he causes the death of another human being without any intention to do so by the commission of an unlawful act other than a felony. A person who commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of an unlawful act, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years.

(b) A person commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner when he causes the death of another human being without any intention to do so, by the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner likely to cause death or great bodily harm. A person who commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as for a misdemeanor.

Item (a) appears to be a "misdemeanor murder" statute, where one can be convicted of an offense if he was committing an unlawful act which amounts to a misdemeanor, rather than a felony, and it resulted in the death of another.

It appears one way or another that these two white dudes could be punished AT A MINIMUM for misdemeanor. Again, I will need to look at the Georgia statutes closer to see if they were acting lawfully, in any way, by making a "citizen's arrest."

View attachment 334856

Who is who?
That's not irrelevant at all. If he was shot before he grabbed the gun or after he grabbed the gun is the difference between self defense and murder. How do you feel about the death penalty if they are guilty of murder. I say so, the death penalty, yes.
It is irrelevant. An unarmed man trying to take a gun drawn on him is self defense for the guy trying to take the drawn weapon. I oppose the death penalty.

The question is intent and what constitutes lawful action.

Murder:
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-1"(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

"(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

"(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life."

If the facts somehow show malice aforethought (which is a legal term meaning premeditated intent to unlawfully kill) you have murder. It's really hard for me to find, based on what is in the video and other factual allegations, that the idiot white dudes intended to unlawfully kill Arbery. If more evidence comes forward, I will reconsider.

HOWEVER, if their actions in attempting to stop an unarmed citizen without legal justification amounts to a felony, I could see a Felony Murder conviction, under (c). It looks like we need more information on "citizen's arrest" in Georgia.

Voluntary Manslaughter:
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-2(a) A person commits the offense of voluntary manslaughter when he causes the death of another human being under circumstances which would otherwise be murder and if he acts solely as the result of a sudden, violent, and irresistible passion resulting from serious provocation sufficient to excite such passion in a reasonable person; however, if there should have been an interval between the provocation and the killing sufficient for the voice of reason and humanity to be heard, of which the jury in all cases shall be the judge, the killing shall be attributed to deliberate revenge and be punished as murder.

(b) A person who commits the offense of voluntary manslaughter, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20 years.

I will need more facts on this, but I doubt it applies

Involuntary Manslaughter:
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-3(a) A person commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of an unlawful act when he causes the death of another human being without any intention to do so by the commission of an unlawful act other than a felony. A person who commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of an unlawful act, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years.

(b) A person commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner when he causes the death of another human being without any intention to do so, by the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner likely to cause death or great bodily harm. A person who commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as for a misdemeanor.

Item (a) appears to be a "misdemeanor murder" statute, where one can be convicted of an offense if he was committing an unlawful act which amounts to a misdemeanor, rather than a felony, and it resulted in the death of another.

It appears one way or another that these two white dudes could be punished AT A MINIMUM for misdemeanor. Again, I will need to look at the Georgia statutes closer to see if they were acting lawfully, in any way, by making a "citizen's arrest."

This is murder.

View attachment 334856

Who is who?
It is irrelevant. An unarmed man trying to take a gun drawn on him is self defense for the guy trying to take the drawn weapon. I oppose the death penalty.
What do you mean by a "drawn" weapon. It is not illegal in Georgia to "brandish" a firearm. So, possession of a firearm is not enough. If you can prove that the first white dude pointed the gun at Arbery, you may have something:

Pointing or aiming gun or pistol at another:
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-11/article-4/part-1/16-11-102/A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he intentionally and without legal justification points or aims a gun or pistol at another, whether the gun or pistol is loaded or unloaded.

That eliminates felony murder altogether, but may land first white idiot in jail for 10 years under Involuntary Manslaughter.

After I'd just illegally trespassed in a construction zone and went into a building under construction?
ILLeGaLly TrESpAsSiNg?!?!?!?

Oh my

I certainly hope they out this scary man to death. *clutches pearls*

Listen to yourself.

Yep. Committed a crime.And not his first.

Do that to my neighbors residence and they'll fucking shoot you. The lady is sweet as can be but has told this old drunk black man who rides his bike up and down the street don't come in my yard or I'll shoot you dead. "Yes maam" was his reply.

View attachment 334856

Who is who?
Why are you opposing the death penalty? If someone maliciously takes the life of another person, as the case of Aubrey might be, then the deserve to have their life taken. Karmic Law.

So, instead of continuing on or heading for the tree line, he runs over and tries to take a shotgun from one of the men?
As a smart person does. When you are that close, you go for the gun. Remember, it's life or death, not a rerun of Walker, Texas Ranger.
I'm sorry.

I am still laughing at this morsel of genius.

When confronted by a shotgun....run at it.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Forum List

Back