Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

Self defense is not illegal. Arbery has a right to defend himself. He didn’t pick this fight. In fact, he attempted to run from it.
Self-defense requires fear of IMMINENT bodily injury or death. Where was that BEFORE he ran at McMichael?

I know what you're gonna say. They were armed. Bullshit. That's not enough.

It appears that he DID pick this fight. He could have just kept on running, rather than ATTACK McMichael, which the video CLEARLY shows.

He did NOT attempt to run from it. He ran AT McMichael. Deny it. I'll show you the video.

They were chasing him, attempting to cut him off, to intercept him. They put themselves in his path repeatedly. They shouted at him telling him to stop.

And they did so while brandishing firearms.

A rational person would find that to be a threatening situation. Do you disagree?
How are they supposed to stop a burglar WITHOUT putting themselves in his path? :cuckoo:

Self defense is not illegal. Arbery has a right to defend himself. He didn’t pick this fight. In fact, he attempted to run from it.
Self-defense requires fear of IMMINENT bodily injury or death. Where was that BEFORE he ran at McMichael?

It appears that he DID pick this fight. He could have just kept on running, rather than ATTACK McMichael, which the video CLEARLY shows.

He did NOT attempt to run from it. He ran AT McMichael. Deny it. I'll show you the video.

They were chasing him, attempting to cut him off, to intercept him. They put themselves in his path repeatedly. They shouted at him telling him to stop.

A rational person would find that to be a threatening situation. Do you disagree?
How are they supposed to stop a burglar WITHOUT putting themselves in his path? :cuckoo:

Maybe the left would rather the two sit in that house under construction and wait for him to come back and ask him nicely to stop trespassing?

Arbery behaved in self defense.
Didn't look like it to me when he RAN AT McMichael. Sorry. That's a FACT you cannot escape. Not buying your bullshit.

Then you’re only considering a small fraction of the facts.

Why ignore the rest of the facts?
Like what?

It's not assault to approach someone. It's not assault to say "hey, we want to talk to you." It's not assault to be armed.

It IS assault to run at someone and try to take the item they are holding.

But is IS considered assault to point a weapon at someone, whether it's loaded or not.
No its not. Making up fake laws isnt going to score you any points here. Do better next time.

Arbery behaved in self defense.
Didn't look like it to me when he RAN AT McMichael. Sorry. That's a FACT you cannot escape. Not buying your bullshit.

Then you’re only considering a small fraction of the facts.

Why ignore the rest of the facts?
Like what?

It's not assault to approach someone. It's not assault to say "hey, we want to talk to you." It's not assault to be armed.

It IS assault to run at someone and try to take the item they are holding.

But is IS considered assault to point a weapon at someone, whether it's loaded or not.
No its not. Making up fake laws isnt going to score you any points here. Do better next time.
No, he is right, at least in Texas. Pointing an unloaded gun is still considered assault, but only when not justified or excused.

There is no evidence that anyone pointed a gun PRIOR to Arbery assaulting McMichael.

Let the police do their job.

These guys are trying to get us to believe they had no intention of stopping him.

Admitting McMichael was trying to stop him makes him the aggressor and therefore opens him up to liability for the outcome of his actions, in this case murder.

Which is why some supporters of McMichael are trying to get us to believe that they were only following or just wanting to ask them questions, not arrest them.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

The police werent there, obviously. How stupid ARE you?

Did I say they were? :cuckoo:

Did I say they were? :cuckoo:
If they werent there, how are they supposed to "do their job"? Your logic is terribly flawed.

So stepping on someone's lawn is trespassing? Or pulling into their driveway to turn around?
Yes, and yes.

The fact that charges are not often pressed is irrelevant.

Whatever...
Personal Property
Under Georgia law, it is a criminal trespass to knowingly and maliciously interfere with another person's use of personal property without consent. The mental components of "knowingly" and "maliciously" mean the act of interference must be intentional, as opposed to an involuntary act such as sneezing or an accident. The act must also be intended to interfere with the other person's enjoyment. If anyone intentionally damages another person's property and that damage exceeds $500 in value, this is also criminal trespass under Georgia law.
Real Property
Georgia also defines criminal trespass in relation to real property. It is unlawful to enter someone's land or premises after having been warned by the owner not to or to remain on the property or premises after having been told to leave by the owner. It is also criminal trespass to enter a person's land or premises with the intent of committing any unlawful act. Georgia's criminal trespass law is written so that in addition to trespass on land, entering any kind of vehicle under circumstances that would constitute criminal trespass on land is also criminal trespass.

You don't need to be a cop to initiate a citizens arrest. The fact that 911 got calls about suspicious behavior and we have two videos of him trespassing in a construction zone that he had no right to be in shows he had committed a crime and was running. Two heros stopped him and he made the mistake of trying to grab the gun. Him and Travvy can rot together.

The guy who shot the jogger had no knowledge about him trespassing in a construction zone. Therefore it has no impact on whether or not he chose to squeeze the trigger.

Your "hero" is going to be big, black buck's prison bitch...

• Love
Reactions: BWK
You don't need to be a cop to initiate a citizens arrest. The fact that 911 got calls about suspicious behavior and we have two videos of him trespassing in a construction zone that he had no right to be in shows he had committed a crime and was running. Two heros stopped him and he made the mistake of trying to grab the gun. Him and Travvy can rot together.

The guy who shot the jogger had no knowledge about him trespassing in a construction zone. Therefore it has no impact on whether or not he chose to squeeze the trigger.

And he's going to love it when he finds out he shot an innocent black kid who was unarmed.

I'll deny it, because you're dead wrong.

He ran around the passenger side of the truck because Travis McMichaels was standing on the driver's side with a shotgun. That's VERY clear in the video.

What's equally clear is that McMichaels then went from the driver's side of the truck to the front of the truck. Why would he have done that if he had no interest in confronting the jogger?

The biggest question, which remains unanswered by those who support the killers, is why did they arm themselves if they only wanted to talk to him?

They chased him down and they killed him. They cannot legitimately claim the shooting was in self defense...

And he's going to love it when he finds out he shot an innocent black kid who was unarmed.

Yup...

Actually, it is, because they chased him down. They initiated everything that happened after that pickup stopped and, as a result, shoulder 100% of the responsibility.

If you confront someone with a gun in your hand, and that person ends up dead because you confronted him with a gun, you're fucked...

It's highly likely they planned to confront Arbery as many times as necessary until Arbery got frustrated enough to attack and then they knew they could shoot him, and in their minds, it would look like an accident. That is why the McMichaels had a friend videotaping.
So they knew the thug was stupid enough to attack them? That's what you're saying.
That's a ridiculous question, based on racism, and a total lack of interest for accurate information.

I'll deny it, because you're dead wrong.

He ran around the passenger side of the truck because Travis McMichaels was standing on the driver's side with a shotgun. That's VERY clear in the video.

What's equally clear is that McMichaels then went from the driver's side of the truck to the front of the truck. Why would he have done that if he had no interest in confronting the jogger?

The biggest question, which remains unanswered by those who support the killers, is why did they arm themselves if they only wanted to talk to him?

They chased him down and they killed him. They cannot legitimately claim the shooting was in self defense...
That is exactly what happened. And the fact that it is illegal to carry loaded firearms in a vehicle, shoot from a public road, and point a loaded shotgun at someone they were chasing down, proves there was no self defense by the shooters.

These guys are trying to get us to believe they had no intention of stopping him.
So? Trying to stop somebody is not assault.

Going after somebody and try to take their gun away from him is very much assault.

He did. Irrelevant. Confronting is not assaulting.

The only person that you can tell is committing assault in this video is the dead guy.

Forum List

Back