"Violence is the language of the unheard"

It might be. But uncalled for violence is still wrong.

I have every right to justify the violence I saw with those words spoken by Martin Luther King, but at least I know the context behind them, I read the lecture in which that quote was made. He was urging nonviolence, but also acknowledging the pain of those committing violence. He knew the difference and pointed it out. He never intended for his words to be used as an excuse to commit atrocious behavior.

I won't be using one of the most influential figures in American history to justify this behavior. And some of you shouldn't either. I don't care what it is you feel. If your feelings lead you to commit violence and destruction, you are a victim of passion and ignorance. You have succumbed to the basest tendencies of humankind.

God gave you a brain. Use it. We claim to be the most intelligent species walking the face of this earth, but we seem to be prone to base instincts and colossal acts of stupidity. Like riots and storming our nation's seat of power.

However, for those of you on your high horse today condemning the violence in the capitol, please do me a favor and swiftly dismount. For six months we watched as rioters burned down businesses and engaged in high acts of violence against men and peacekeepers alike, but you remained silent. You said nothing. You tried to justify the behavior by understanding their feelings and motivations.

You sat idly by. In my book, silence is complicity. I will tell you straight up that what these people did in DC today was unacceptable. I laud the peaceful protests and condemn the violence. But for those of you who did not condemn the riots engaged in by Antifa and BLM, you have no right to condemn anyone for the same behavior you sat by and watched. Until you do, you are a hypocrite. You are employing a double standard.

At least I am smart enough to condemn violence of any kind, committed by anyone, not just by people I""tt tttttttt disagree with.

In short, get off my lawn. Cut your own damn grass first.
Not the language of the unheard, but the language of the ignorant and lawless.
his point is the lawless ignorance began in early 2020 and was rationalized now that the lawlessness and ignorance is coming from a different point of view what was acceptable for nine months is suddenly unacceptable. Congress is "The peoples house" as stated by Nancy Pelosi. The People took their house back if only briefly. Stop everything investigate the irregularities and return confidence to the election process or it won't end here, is my prediction. The British killed Patriots in Boston

No matter Seattle or D.C. what has been happening is wrong and it is time for us adults say no more!

I will always support our right to protest, but it stops short of violence.

Protest in a peaceful way is fine but many times lately the fringes have taken their right to protest to far and today and the assault on Capitol Hill make me say this enough is enough!
would have been easier to allow the proper audits when time wasnt an issue,,,

No matter Seattle or D.C. what has been happening is wrong and it is time for us adults say no more!

youre past comments on this forum says different,,,

Link.
youve done nothing but defend the riots over the last yr,,,

now go ahead and delete my comments,,,,
She requested a link and I also want one while you highlighting her support of what you say!

Link.

She requested a link and I also want one while you highlighting her support of what you say!
she knows we've had discussions about it several times,,,

Link.

Link.
a link is a string of numbers and letters that takes you to an internet page,,,

Don't be obtuse. You know exactly what she means.

Protest in a peaceful way is fine but many times lately the fringes have taken their right to protest to far and today and the assault on Capitol Hill make me say this enough is enough!

Enough with the Newsmax nonsense!

Republicans in those Key States have made it clear Trump lost Arizona and Georgia, so you do not need any more audit!

You will not accept any result unless it help Trump win!

Link.

Then you can provide the pages without any issue!

Link.

Link.

I wasnt being obtuse,, I was being an asshole because she knows exactly what I'm talking about,,,

Link.

Then you can provide the pages without any issue!
I would attempt it if I didnt know she knows exactly what I'm talking about,,,

Republicans in those Key States have made it clear Trump lost Arizona and Georgia, so you do not need any more audit!

if it was so cut and clear then why the refusals for a proper audit???

that would be easier than what happened today and what will come,,,

Link.

Link.

I wasnt being obtuse,, I was being an asshole because she knows exactly what I'm talking about,,,

200.gif

Up to now no one can produce a list of the cities or even businesses that were burned down due to protests.

Thats because such a list simply doesn't exist.

If the OP isn't lying he's engaging in hyperbole.

Up to now no one can produce a list of the cities or even businesses that were burned down due to protests.

That's because such a list simply doesn't exist.

If the OP isn't lying he's engaging in hyperbole.

You are hands down THE dumbest person on this board. Or the most blind. The city of Minneapolis is a prime example. New York is another. Atlanta another. SEATTLE!

I'm pretty sure the people who had their businesses destroyed and livelihoods upended exist.

What will come?

Trump is now hated by the GOP and his base will be purged!

You don’t want anything but Trump being announced the winner and now the Senate will make Biden President and the failed insurrection did nothing but make sure Trumpism died today!

What will come?

You don’t want anything but Trump being announced the winner and now the Senate will make Biden President and the failed insurrection did nothing but make sure Trumpism died today!
your mistake is thinking its just about trump..
I didnt vote for him and only like a few things hes done,, beyond that all other POTUS or contenders are far worse than he could ever be,,,

The President told them to be peaceful and to go home. All he wanted was a big beautiful rally to draw attention to him. But, like with his lawyers, he's scraping the bottom of the barrel with his followers. Those lowlifes made Donald look about as bad as could be possible.

Lie down with the dogs...

He played with fire. You can't play with people's emotions like that, and not expect this outcome. He's been building it up for months.

With all due respect, Coyote, don't the leaders on the left do the same? Have they not done the same the past four years?

It's certainly possible, but they haven't take it this far. And for once TK...for once...how about no what-aboutisms?

This is the President of the United States. There is no leader of the left in that position who I can think of that has done something like this. Please think about it.

He has built, maintained and stoked a fervent base. It's a base that consists of a lot of people who felt severely disenfranchised over the past decade, who did not feel they were treated fairly, who got left out of the recovery, what ever - and he fed that anger.

He refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. Can you think of that ever happening before? At least in modern times? Any "leftist" presidents who did that? Any "rightist" presidents who did that?

He maintained this refusal to commit and fueled it with claims of rigging, fraud, etc that he maintains still - and built upon his base's anger and sense of being wronged with this. He consistently added fuel to the fire - adding names to his enemies list as more Republicans eventually fell away from his beliefs and insisted it was time to move on. It didn't matter how many court cases he lost, that the DoJ and AG found no widespread fraud, none of it. He kept on adding fuel culminating in NOT a rally but a "wild" march on Washington.

A "wild" march. A "wild" march to the Capital. How exactly should supporters interpret "wild"? So yes - he played with fire, he played with people's emotions and anger, and all for what? If he thought the outcome would change with a mob baying for blood...then he has very little knowledge of elections, the Constitution, or law. So why? For his own ego? So a woman ends up getting shot?

It's surreal, utterly surreal. We have a centuries long commitent to a process, one admired around the world and founded in the idea of "peaceful transfer of power". We have a political and legal process for resolving election disputes rather than mob violence. That process was more than exhausted by President Trump when he called for a mob to march on the Capital.

Have you ever seen a president act like this?

What will come?

They represent a significant number of people who's voices can't just be buried. Somehow both parties have to come to terms with that and find a way to work with it, to address their concerns or this will happen again. And maybe the next populist will be more competent.

It might be. But uncalled for violence is still wrong.

I have every right to justify the violence I saw with those words spoken by Martin Luther King, but at least I know the context behind them, I read the lecture in which that quote was made. He was urging nonviolence, but also acknowledging the pain of those committing violence. He knew the difference and pointed it out. He never intended for his words to be used as an excuse to commit atrocious behavior.

I won't be using one of the most influential figures in American history to justify this behavior. And some of you shouldn't either. I don't care what it is you feel. If your feelings lead you to commit violence and destruction, you are a victim of passion and ignorance. You have succumbed to the basest tendencies of humankind.

God gave you a brain. Use it. We claim to be the most intelligent species walking the face of this earth, but we seem to be prone to base instincts and colossal acts of stupidity. Like riots and storming our nation's seat of power.

However, for those of you on your high horse today condemning the violence in the capitol, please do me a favor and swiftly dismount. For six months we watched as rioters burned down businesses and engaged in high acts of violence against men and peacekeepers alike, but you remained silent. You said nothing. You tried to justify the behavior by understanding their feelings and motivations.

You sat idly by. In my book, silence is complicity. I will tell you straight up that what these people did in DC today was unacceptable. I laud the peaceful protests and condemn the violence. But for those of you who did not condemn the riots engaged in by Antifa and BLM, you have no right to condemn anyone for the same behavior you sat by and watched. Until you do, you are a hypocrite. You are employing a double standard.

At least I am smart enough to condemn violence of any kind, committed by anyone, not just by people I""tt tttttttt disagree with.

In short, get off my lawn. Cut your own damn grass first.
Not the language of the unheard, but the language of the ignorant and lawless.
his point is the lawless ignorance began in early 2020 and was rationalized now that the lawlessness and ignorance is coming from a different point of view what was acceptable for nine months is suddenly unacceptable. Congress is "The peoples house" as stated by Nancy Pelosi. The People took their house back if only briefly. Stop everything investigate the irregularities and return confidence to the election process or it won't end here, is my prediction. The British killed Patriots in Boston

But they were investigated. That's the problem.

The President told them to be peaceful and to go home. All he wanted was a big beautiful rally to draw attention to him. But, like with his lawyers, he's scraping the bottom of the barrel with his followers. Those lowlifes made Donald look about as bad as could be possible.

Lie down with the dogs...

He played with fire. You can't play with people's emotions like that, and not expect this outcome. He's been building it up for months.

With all due respect, Coyote, don't the leaders on the left do the same? Have they not done the same the past four years?

It's certainly possible, but they haven't take it this far. And for once TK...for once...how about no what-aboutisms?

This is the President of the United States. There is no leader of the left in that position who I can think of that has done something like this. Please think about it.

He has built, maintained and stoked a fervent base. It's a base that consists of a lot of people who felt severely disenfranchised over the past decade, who did not feel they were treated fairly, who got left out of the recovery, what ever - and he fed that anger.

He refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. Can you think of that ever happening before? At least in modern times? Any "leftist" presidents who did that? Any "rightist" presidents who did that?

He maintained this refusal to commit and fueled it with claims of rigging, fraud, etc that he maintains still - and built upon his base's anger and sense of being wronged with this. He consistently added fuel to the fire - adding names to his enemies list as more Republicans eventually fell away from his beliefs and insisted it was time to move on. It didn't matter how many court cases he lost, that the DoJ and AG found no widespread fraud, none of it. He kept on adding fuel culminating in NOT a rally but a "wild" march on Washington.

A "wild" march. A "wild" march to the Capital. How exactly should supporters interpret "wild"? So yes - he played with fire, he played with people's emotions and anger, and all for what? If he thought the outcome would change with a mob baying for blood...then he has very little knowledge of elections, the Constitution, or law. So why? For his own ego? So a woman ends up getting shot?

It's surreal, utterly surreal. We have a centuries long commitent to a process, one admired around the world and founded in the idea of "peaceful transfer of power". We have a political and legal process for resolving election disputes rather than mob violence. That process was more than exhausted by President Trump when he called for a mob to march on the Capital.

Have you ever seen a president act like this?
youre living in a vacum,, this has been building for yrs both you dems and repubes have been putting the boot on the everyday american for decades and we are tired of it,,

if you didnt call the tea party racists you would have realized we dont want to live under a socialist system and showed we would stand against it,,, and then they do this,,

in the end it has little to do with trump,,,

what did you expect to happen

What will come?

They represent a significant number of people who's voices can't just be buried. Somehow both parties have to come to terms with that and find a way to work with it, to address their concerns or this will happen again. And maybe the next populist will be more competent.
the two parties need to understand they are the problem,,,

Forum List

Back