Voter Fraud? Well, Maybe ...

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Did voter fraud in New Hampshire save ObamaCare from being repealed?

The Presidential Commission on Election Integrity is meeting Tuesday in New Hampshire and may eventually provide an answer.

A debate is raging in the state, home of the first presidential primary, about whether state election laws were violated last November by out-of-state Democrats who entered New Hampshire and took advantage of the same-day voter registration law to falsely claim they were New Hampshire residents.

The election featured a photo-finish race for president – Hillary Clinton won by 2,467 votes – and in the race for the U.S. Senate. Democrat Maggie Hassan narrowly defeated incumbent GOP Sen. Kelly Ayotte by only 1,017 votes.

Trump won the Electoral College comfortably, but he could easily have been in a position where the Granite State’s four electoral votes would have determined the outcome of the presidential race.

Since all of New Hampshire’s neighboring states are Democratic, it’s likely that if any of their residents crossed into New Hampshire to use the same-day voter registration law to cast ballots most of these people voted Democratic. That could have wound up costing Ayotte and possibly Trump a victory in New Hampshire.

Should that have happened, the implications are huge. Trump won the Electoral College comfortably, but he could easily have been in a position where the Granite State’s four electoral votes would have determined the outcome of the presidential race.

mod edit: remainder of article at link

If voter fraud by out-of-state Democrats managed to sway New Hampshire elections the implications are huge

Last edited by a moderator:
I already read about this and there is a HUGE flaw in the argument. New Hampshire doesn't require out of state college students, nor people of professions that are simply there to work short term like doctors doing residency, to get a New Hampshire driver's license in order to vote.

I already read about this and there is a HUGE flaw in the argument. New Hampshire doesn't require out of state college students, nor people of professions that are simply there to work short term like doctors doing residency, to get a New Hampshire driver's license in order to vote.

Don't mess up a good conspiracy theory with a reasonable explanation. They have so little to entertain them now days.

Don't mess up a good conspiracy theory with a reasonable explanation. They have so little to entertain them now days.

I forgot to add, New Hampshire doesn't require military personnel to get a New Hampshire driver's license either. :)

One of two things is true:

1) You didn't read the article, or:
2) You failed to grasp the argument put forth.

The article is based on a simple set of facts: only 7% of those "same day" voters obtained a driver's license, and only 3% registered a vehicle in New Hampshire. While that, in itself, does not prove voter fraud, it does call into question the same day arrival/vote of over 6,000 voters.

As for the add-on comment, there is a single military base (New Boston AFS) in New Hampshire. It houses about 300 people. Given that most military maintain, and vote, in their original home of record, it would have minimal-to-no influence.

By no means, does the article claim this is proof of voter fraud. But even a committed liberal such as yourself must admit that it does bear scrutiny. - unless, of course, you DON'T want to know the answer.

Some of the out-of-state ID holders were no doubt college students using ID from their home states, even though state law requires they get a New Hampshire ID within 30 days of moving into the state to be considered a true resident.

so is this part not true???

btw Maine borders NH and we have a Republican Legislature and a republican governor....

Which is another part of the problem.

I forgot to add, New Hampshire doesn't require military personnel to get a New Hampshire driver's license either. :)
I don't think any state does. (In fact, I think that might be Federal.)

6k same day registrations is pretty damned high... Sounds pretty damn fishy to me.

Based on what?...6000 could't possibly wake up, realize they cant vote in the election and register to do so?

Last edited:

The Presidential Commission on Election Integrity is meeting Tuesday in New Hampshire and may eventually provide an answer.

A debate is raging in the state, home of the first presidential primary, about whether state election laws were violated last November by out-of-state Democrats who entered New Hampshire and took advantage of the same-day voter registration law to falsely claim they were New Hampshire residents.

The election featured a photo-finish race for president – Hillary Clinton won by 2,467 votes – and in the race for the U.S. Senate. Democrat Maggie Hassan narrowly defeated incumbent GOP Sen. Kelly Ayotte by only 1,017 votes.

Trump won the Electoral College comfortably, but he could easily have been in a position where the Granite State’s four electoral votes would have determined the outcome of the presidential race.

Since all of New Hampshire’s neighboring states are Democratic, it’s likely that if any of their residents crossed into New Hampshire to use the same-day voter registration law to cast ballots most of these people voted Democratic. That could have wound up costing Ayotte and possibly Trump a victory in New Hampshire.

Should that have happened, the implications are huge. Trump won the Electoral College comfortably, but he could easily have been in a position where the Granite State’s four electoral votes would have determined the outcome of the presidential race.

As for Ayotte, Republicans in the Senate failed to pass a “repeal and replace” bill for ObamaCare by only a single vote. If Ayotte had been in the Senate, she would have provided that missing vote and ObamaCare would have been repealed. Lawmakers would now be in the middle of a rousing debate over how to replace ObamaCare.

In the 15 states that have same-day voter registration, the vast majority of voters who use the law are recent arrivals who’ve moved from other states. But apparently not in New Hampshire.

The vast majority of the 6,240 voters in New Hampshire who registered on the same day they cast ballots – 70 percent – used out-of-state identification to prove their identities, according to the Public Interest Legal Foundation. That’s something that people who have just moved into the state can do, prior to obtaining New Hampshire ID.

Some of the out-of-state ID holders were no doubt college students using ID from their home states, even though state law requires they get a New Hampshire ID within 30 days of moving into the state to be considered a true resident.

But only about 7 percent of those same-day registrants went on to obtain New Hampshire driver’s licenses and only 3 percent have since registered vehicles in New Hampshire – a state with very little public transportation. This raises serious questions about whether many of the people who took advantage of same-day registration to vote were out-of-state residents voting improperly in the Granite State.

Kris Kobach, the vice chair of the presidential commission and the secretary of state for Kansas, says the anomalies are important because they could have swung both the Senate race that Ayotte narrowly lost and the presidential race the Trump barely lost.
Really nefarious. In 1976 I was in high school in New Hampshire and according to the article I would be one of the vote frauders. I had an out of state drivers license and was domicile in NH for high school and I registered to vote in New Hampshire. And voted. Kobach is trying to make hay out of this type of registration. No political agenda there.

As for Ayotte, Republicans in the Senate failed to pass a “repeal and replace” bill for ObamaCare by only a single vote. If Ayotte had been in the Senate, she would have provided that missing vote and ObamaCare would have been repealed. Lawmakers would now be in the middle of a rousing debate over how to replace ObamaCare.

In the 15 states that have same-day voter registration, the vast majority of voters who use the law are recent arrivals who’ve moved from other states. But apparently not in New Hampshire.

The vast majority of the 6,240 voters in New Hampshire who registered on the same day they cast ballots – 70 percent – used out-of-state identification to prove their identities, according to the Public Interest Legal Foundation. That’s something that people who have just moved into the state can do, prior to obtaining New Hampshire ID.

But only about 7 percent of those same-day registrants went on to obtain New Hampshire driver’s licenses and only 3 percent have since registered vehicles in New Hampshire – a state with very little public transportation. This raises serious questions about whether many of the people who took advantage of same-day registration to vote were out-of-state residents voting improperly in the Granite State.

Kris Kobach, the vice chair of the presidential commission and the secretary of state for Kansas, says the anomalies are important because they could have swung both the Senate race that Ayotte narrowly lost and the presidential race the Trump barely lost.
Dems already have the nonliving locked up, why do you think they'd need to cheat like this?

The article is based on a simple set of facts: only 7% of those "same day" voters obtained a driver's license, and only 3% registered a vehicle in New Hampshire. While that, in itself, does not prove voter fraud, it does call into question the same day arrival/vote of over 6,000 voters.

As for the add-on comment, there is a single military base (New Boston AFS) in New Hampshire. It houses about 300 people. Given that most military maintain, and vote, in their original home of record, it would have minimal-to-no influence.

By no means, does the article claim this is proof of voter fraud. But even a committed liberal such as yourself must admit that it does bear scrutiny. - unless, of course, you DON'T want to know the answer.

No, one of one things is true. I read an article that wasn't the one you posted, in which it described the reason the points put forth in your article are being falsely presented.

"To register to vote in New Hampshire, someone only needs to be “domiciled” there, meaning they currently live in the state and intend stay there for a definite period of time.

The definition allows people like college students, doctors completing their residency and military personnel who are stationed in the state to vote, Gilles Bissonnette, the legal director of the ACLU of New Hampshire said in an email.

To get a driver’s license, however, a person must be categorized as a “resident.” According to the state, people are “residents” if they plan to remain in the state for an indefinite period of time."

Head Of Trump 'Election Integrity' Probe Pens Wildly Misleading Op-Ed About Voter Fraud | HuffPost

And no, I'm not a Liberal.

Last edited:
Which is another part of the problem.

Why is that part of the problem? If you are a college student from California and you go to school in New Hampshire should you have to drive to California to vote? Or should you have to vote by mail where your vote doesn't even get counted unless it is a close race?

No, one of one things is true. I ready an article that wasn't the one you posted, in which it described the reason the points put forth in your article are being falsely presented.

"To register to vote in New Hampshire, someone only needs to be “domiciled” there, meaning they currently live in the state and intend stay there for a definite period of time.

The definition allows people like college students, doctors completing their residency and military personnel who are stationed in the state to vote, Gilles Bissonnette, the legal director of the ACLU of New Hampshire said in an email.

To get a driver’s license, however, a person must be categorized as a “resident.” According to the state, people are “residents” if they plan to remain in the state for an indefinite period of time."

Head Of Trump 'Election Integrity' Probe Pens Wildly Misleading Op-Ed About Voter Fraud | HuffPost

And no, I'm not a Liberal.
Which is what allowed me to vote in NH without a license when I was in school there. The OP article treats this as if it is 100% fraud when it just isn't. I suspect maybe there's a political agenda at work?

It is clear what happened. All the Trumpster from the surrounding states who knew their states were a lost cause all went to NH to try and turn that state, but they failed.

Forum List

Back