Voter Fraud? Well, Maybe ...

Thread edited for multiple violations: when you cut and paste you need to link to the source and post a small to medium section. You also need to include some original content in the op.

Last edited:
I already read about this and there is a HUGE flaw in the argument. New Hampshire doesn't require out of state college students, nor people of professions that are simply there to work short term like doctors doing residency, to get a New Hampshire driver's license in order to vote.
Which is another part of the problem.

Why is that part of the problem? If you are a college student from California and you go to school in New Hampshire should you have to drive to California to vote? Or should you have to vote by mail where your vote doesn't even get counted unless it is a close race?
Want to vote in NH, you should be required to have a New Hampshire ID, or a military ID. No exceptions.

I already read about this and there is a HUGE flaw in the argument. New Hampshire doesn't require out of state college students, nor people of professions that are simply there to work short term like doctors doing residency, to get a New Hampshire driver's license in order to vote.

Why is that part of the problem? If you are a college student from California and you go to school in New Hampshire should you have to drive to California to vote? Or should you have to vote by mail where your vote doesn't even get counted unless it is a close race?
Want to vote in NH, you should be required to have a New Hampshire ID, or a military ID. No exceptions.

You didn't answer what I asked. Do you expect students to go all the way back home just to vote?

You didn't answer what I asked. Do you expect students to go all the way back home just to vote?
No, only you said that. I never said or even hinted at anything of the sort.

Yes you did. You said only people with New Hampshire driver's licenses should be able to vote there. I asked you if out of state college students should have to go all the way home to vote. You reiterated your position.

With a Baghdad purple finger voter ID, could Dems win CA?
The Purple Finger idea is great but there are two flaws
1) Democrats need three weeks to vote multiple times
2) Democrat Voters would call have purple nostrils at the end of election day

Yes you did. You said only people with New Hampshire driver's licenses should be able to vote there. I asked you if out of state college students should have to go all the way home to vote. You reiterated your position.

Jesus fuck, you are dense. Either get a New Hampshire license, or get an absentee ballot from where you actually live. Not brain surgery!

Jesus fuck, you are dense. Either get a New Hampshire license, or get an absentee ballot from where you actually live. Not brain surgery!

Really!??!?! Are you not paying fucking attention? New Hampshire doesn't issue driver's licenses to temporary people. And why should a college student have to vote absentee where their vote won't even be counted unless it is a tight race? I already pointed that out and you didn't do anything but restate your position, without answering my points.

Don't mess up a good conspiracy theory with a reasonable explanation. They have so little to entertain them now days.
What about Russia?

One of two things is true:

1) You didn't read the article, or:
2) You failed to grasp the argument put forth.

The article is based on a simple set of facts: only 7% of those "same day" voters obtained a driver's license, and only 3% registered a vehicle in New Hampshire. While that, in itself, does not prove voter fraud, it does call into question the same day arrival/vote of over 6,000 voters.

As for the add-on comment, there is a single military base (New Boston AFS) in New Hampshire. It houses about 300 people. Given that most military maintain, and vote, in their original home of record, it would have minimal-to-no influence.

By no means, does the article claim this is proof of voter fraud. But even a committed liberal such as yourself must admit that it does bear scrutiny. - unless, of course, you DON'T want to know the answer.

No, one of one things is true. I ready an article that wasn't the one you posted, in which it described the reason the points put forth in your article are being falsely presented.

"To register to vote in New Hampshire, someone only needs to be “domiciled” there, meaning they currently live in the state and intend stay there for a definite period of time.

The definition allows people like college students, doctors completing their residency and military personnel who are stationed in the state to vote, Gilles Bissonnette, the legal director of the ACLU of New Hampshire said in an email.

To get a driver’s license, however, a person must be categorized as a “resident.” According to the state, people are “residents” if they plan to remain in the state for an indefinite period of time."

Head Of Trump 'Election Integrity' Probe Pens Wildly Misleading Op-Ed About Voter Fraud | HuffPost

And no, I'm not a Liberal.
Which is what allowed me to vote in NH without a license when I was in school there. The OP article treats this as if it is 100% fraud when it just isn't. I suspect maybe there's a political agenda at work?
Actually the article doesn't do that ... but if you choose to believe so, I will leave you to it.

Really!??!?! Are you not paying fucking attention? New Hampshire doesn't issue driver's licenses to temporary people. And why should a college student have to vote absentee where their vote won't even be counted unless it is a tight race? I already pointed that out and you didn't do anything but restate your position, without answering my points.
If you do not like absentee ballots, that is your problem. Either go home to vote or suck it up, buttercup.

NH will issue a licence to a temporary resident. They don't need to get one, but they can. (My cousin did.)

If you do not like absentee ballots, that is your problem. Either go home to vote or suck it up, buttercup.

NH will issue a licence to a temporary resident. They don't need to get one, but they can. (My cousin did.)

There's nothing for me to suck up. The law in New Hampshire allows them to vote there. So you got things backwards. You need to suck it up that they don't do what you think they should do.

One of two things is true:

1) You didn't read the article, or:
2) You failed to grasp the argument put forth.

The article is based on a simple set of facts: only 7% of those "same day" voters obtained a driver's license, and only 3% registered a vehicle in New Hampshire. While that, in itself, does not prove voter fraud, it does call into question the same day arrival/vote of over 6,000 voters.

As for the add-on comment, there is a single military base (New Boston AFS) in New Hampshire. It houses about 300 people. Given that most military maintain, and vote, in their original home of record, it would have minimal-to-no influence.

By no means, does the article claim this is proof of voter fraud. But even a committed liberal such as yourself must admit that it does bear scrutiny. - unless, of course, you DON'T want to know the answer.

No, one of one things is true. I ready an article that wasn't the one you posted, in which it described the reason the points put forth in your article are being falsely presented.

"To register to vote in New Hampshire, someone only needs to be “domiciled” there, meaning they currently live in the state and intend stay there for a definite period of time.

The definition allows people like college students, doctors completing their residency and military personnel who are stationed in the state to vote, Gilles Bissonnette, the legal director of the ACLU of New Hampshire said in an email.

To get a driver’s license, however, a person must be categorized as a “resident.” According to the state, people are “residents” if they plan to remain in the state for an indefinite period of time."

Head Of Trump 'Election Integrity' Probe Pens Wildly Misleading Op-Ed About Voter Fraud | HuffPost

And no, I'm not a Liberal.
Which is what allowed me to vote in NH without a license when I was in school there. The OP article treats this as if it is 100% fraud when it just isn't. I suspect maybe there's a political agenda at work?
Actually the article doesn't do that ... but if you choose to believe so, I will leave you to it.
You are correct. It is the point of view of the report cited in the article. Which makes it worse to have this committee twisting the facts to meet its narrative.

NH has been doing this since the 70s why is it suddenly a problem?

Forum List

Back