Voter ID: How about this?

What issues?

If that is the case for a small percent like you said, than it is bad luck for them, but policy shouldn't be crafted on these very particular and unique exceptions to the rule.
There you have it

Those who fail to meet the standards you impose are shit out of luck. There are a larger number of people you will be denying the vote than you will prevent from voting illegally

The cure is worse than the disease
I'll buy ID for every person you can find who cannot afford one.

Will you help them get the necessary documentation?

EXACTLY the left wing position. That the poor, especially the poor blacks, are too stupid or too lazy to be able to do anything for themselves. Bravo point made. How does anyone go through life without some sort of proof of who they are?

Don't you support the right to vote?

Why wouldn't you want to help those who are having difficulty obtaining acceptable documentation?

Do you prefer a system of "gotcha" for those with issues on their documentation?

I support the right to not have my vote disenfranchised by someone voting who is voting illegally.

I do not support the left wing contention that people are too stupid to have proper id. For crying out loud it has been told to you before, YOU NEED A PHOTO id TO FISH.

I do not support the idea that the poor can not fend for themselves they prove that they can every day.

I support everyone's right to vote but if someone needs spoon fed or pushed to vote because they will vote for a certain party then I am more then happy if that they stay home. If they can put absolutely no thought into their vote then I am more then happy to vote for them.

There you have it

Those who fail to meet the standards you impose are shit out of luck. There are a larger number of people you will be denying the vote than you will prevent from voting illegally

EXACTLY the left wing position. That the poor, especially the poor blacks, are too stupid or too lazy to be able to do anything for themselves. Bravo point made. How does anyone go through life without some sort of proof of who they are?

Why wouldn't you want to help those who are having difficulty obtaining acceptable documentation?

Do you prefer a system of "gotcha" for those with issues on their documentation?

I support the right to not have my vote disenfranchised by someone voting who is voting illegally.

I do not support the left wing contention that people are too stupid to have proper id. For crying out loud it has been told to you before, YOU NEED A PHOTO id TO FISH.

I do not support the idea that the poor can not fend for themselves they prove that they can every day.

I support everyone's right to vote but if someone needs spoon fed or pushed to vote because they will vote for a certain party then I am more then happy if that they stay home. If they can put absolutely no thought into their vote then I am more then happy to vote for them.

If getting proper ID is such a no-brainer, why wouldn't you support the government doing what it can to help those who have issues with their documentation?

Show me 100% of voters having acceptable ID and I will support it as a requirement to vote

If getting proper ID is such a no-brainer, why wouldn't you support the government doing what it can to help those who have issues with their documentation?

Show me 100% of voters having acceptable ID and I will support it as a requirement to vote

Show me they don't. Part of being in society proves they do.

So you support getting 100%of the people a valid ID so they can vote?

There you have it

Just to pick this one out by itself....
Doesn't this assume that anyone voting illegally is always voting contrary to yours?
Meaning, what if that illegal vote is the same as yours? Now you have the opposite situation. Cancels out the first one.

Just sayin'.

Just to pick this one out by itself....
Doesn't this assume that anyone voting illegally is always voting contrary to yours?
Meaning, what if that illegal vote is the same as yours? Now you have the opposite situation. Cancels out the first one.

Just sayin'.

OK, change my vote, to anyone's vote....better?

So you support getting 100%of the people a valid ID so they can vote?

If you question is, do I support a special id to vote, then no I do not.

Do I think that majority, to the point of being everyone, already has id that could be used, the answer is yes.

There you have it

We NEVER SAID they were too stupid to get ID....

ONLY THE REPUBLICANS/CONSERVATIVES are SAYING THAT my dear..such as yourself...., NOT the Liberals....project much? ;)

Having to have a government photo issued ID does not and will NOT STOP any illegal voting, if they got registered by the State, in the FIRST PLACE.

Do YOU understand that Freewill? Do you???

This is A PHONY and FAUX solution to NOTHING!

We need to prevent illegals from being REGISTERED TO VOTE, REGISTERED....

They should never be on the voter rolls in the first place, the States should vet the people applying for their voter registration card, and take those not eligible in their States off...when people die, the State should remove them from the voter rolls too...the STATE issues a Death Certificate, they KNOW when the death happens and who has died....for goodness sakes...why hasn't this been done already?

Illegals HAVE gvt issued Photo ID's....in many States.... Florida has been issuing them since 1993...where the DMV in Florida was told not to ask if they are citizens or not....

Many States are like this....

A gvt issued photo ID will not stop illegals at the poll from voting if their name is on the list already, it has to be STOPPED at the point of registration....

PLEASE, please tell me, that you can see this...

Care

ONLY THE REPUBLICANS/CONSERVATIVES are SAYING THAT my dear..such as yourself...., NOT the Liberals....project much? ;)

Having to have a government photo issued ID does not and will NOT STOP any illegal voting, if they got registered by the State, in the FIRST PLACE.

They should never be on the voter rolls in the first place, the States should vet the people applying for their voter registration card, and take those not eligible in their States off...when people die, the State should remove them from the voter rolls too...the STATE issues a Death Certificate, they KNOW when the death happens and who has died....for goodness sakes...why hasn't this been done already?

Illegals HAVE gvt issued Photo ID's....in many States.... Florida has been issuing them since 1993...where the DMV in Florida was told not to ask if they are citizens or not....

A gvt issued photo ID will not stop illegals at the poll from voting if their name is on the list already, it has to be STOPPED at the point of registration....

Care

I think you need to direct you complaint towards rightwinger, here is what he posted:

How does that jive with what you accuse me of doing?

BTW, would those registering need an id? And how would one know if the person who registered is the person voting?

Care

Why would an illegal alien want to risk voting?

What do they have to gain by registering an illegal vote? One vote in a hundred thousand?

What do they have to lose by voting illegally? Imprisonment and deportation?

That's a different issue and has no bearing on the discussion at hand.

Requiring an ID at the poll allows the state to verify that the person at the poll is who he claims to be.

So, what argument do you have against the suggestions in the OP?

Care

What do they have to gain by registering an illegal vote? One vote in a hundred thousand?

Since there are cases of voter fraud I would think that there is motivation.

But since I need to carry a photo id to hunt or fish I see no problem doing so to vote.

Care

Yes, they do have a lot to lose...BUT MANY of them, may NOT know that it is illegal for them to vote in a federal election...

Some get registered at at voter registration drives, some don't even read English well enough to know they are signing an affidavit that they are citizens.... Shit happens.

My State allows immigrants to vote in State and Local elections...every State has their own rules and limitations... my State allows exFelons and those in Prison to vote as well....

It can be confusing to the smartest of us, even if American Born and you move from State to State

Requiring an ID at the poll allows the state to verify that the person at the poll is who he claims to be.

How do you verify the identity of a mail in vote?

Can we have one strict ID system and one that only requires a signature?

Why require it, if there is no problem in the first place? Why increase gvt power over us, when it is not necessary? WHY?

I don't want a National ID Card to be required from us..... I don't want to have to carry a National ID on me, where ever I go like in Germany.... I don't want cops to be able to just stop me on the Street and ask me for my National ID card for no reason at all, and then FINE ME because I am not carrying it..... I don't want every citizen at the age of 16 being issued a mandatory National ID as in Germany and other EU countries....

And THIS is where the insistence of the GVT VOTER PHOTO ID CROWD is setting us up for....

I believe if your State just wants to verify the person voting is the person registered they can easily do such, by the voter bringing in their latest electric bill with their name on it and an employee id or an employee pay stub with their name and address on it that is recent.... there is NOTHING MORE THAT IS NEEDED than something like that....

which is not needed at all because no one or virtually no one takes the chance and votes in someone elses spot at the polling place...how would they know that the person they were trying to impersonate had not voted already? How would they know that the poll worker did not know the person they were trying to impersonate? How would they know the Party affiliation of the person they were trying to impersonate? etc...all things asked by the poll workers at the polling place before they have you sign the voter roll....

If they are dead, then the State should remove them from the voter roll

There is something sinister behind this request for a govt photo issued ID, when IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEMS WE DO HAVE WITH THE INTEGRITY of the vote.

Why require it, if there is no problem in the first place? Why increase gvt power over us, when it is not necessary? WHY?
Who said it is not necessary?
How does requiring you to show you are who you say your are when you try to vote increase government power over anyone?

You have to be a freaking neanderthal to claim that you don't have a picture I.D. card. You need one to get into most federal buildings, cash a check, rent an apartment, collect food stamps and do just about everything that is needed to be done in the modern world.

Leaving aside the fact this is a very tired apples and oranges fallacy...since people have to show ID to get food stamps, would you support automatically registering people to vote when they are signed up for welfare or food stamps?

You can spend billions of dollars getting the right kind of Voter ID into everyone's hands, and you won't make a scratch in voter fraud.

This is the single fact that Voter ID proponents cannot get through their pointy heads.

So I really don't know how they could possibly consider themselves conservatives when they have such a hard-on for wasting taxpayer dollars on a completely ineffective government program.

The reasons for demanding everyone to have a valid idea is endless and the debate against it just plain stupid.

When the third world countries seem to expect their countrymen and women to get their voting cards, it doesn't seem to be any problem, the display them with honor. Only in America, where Democrats gum up the works by appealing to the minorities or the laziest of the population can the privilege of voting take a back seat to patriotism.

In the third world countries, they are proud to stand up and be counted. In America, the Democrats are excited to take advantage of those too lazy to get an idea so their vote can be given to an illegal or one that is bought and paid for to vote Democratic. Let's tell it as it is.

And the Democrats cry foul when we give every effort for the people who do not have ID's to obtain them. That's not what the Democrats want.

Who said it is not necessary?
How does requiring you to show you are who you say your are when you try to vote increase government power over anyone?
i already answered your questions in my post, read it again.

Forum List

Back