Waffle House shooting, at least 4 killed

And thus the problem.....you can't stand between these people and their junk food. It just doesn't work.

Waffle House did ... Read the link I posted to their policy ... They refused to serve a National Guard soldier because he was armed with his service weapon.

wow what a concept

living on the hope that the bad guys good will

to stop the killing

[QUOTE="]Was it?

A quick check of Google places Waffle House on several lists of places tgT prohibit firearms on the premises.
Well then...time for the NRA to call for a boycott of Waffle House. Wonder how that's gonna work out.

They and other firearms organizations already have.

And thus the problem.....you can't stand between these people and their junk food. It just doesn't work.
I hear Waffle Houses are THE place in the south--where the whole jumble of humanity washes up in the dead of night for refueling.

Shooting an escaping robber is not akin to shooting an escaping mass murderer.

I stated it was possible he could get away with it due to the underlying circumstances.
If you want to take that risk ... Knock yourself out.

I conceal carry and wouldn't shoot a fleeing unarmed naked person.
I am pretty sure I could figure out a better way of subduing them ... Perhaps you are more limited in your options ... :dunno:

They all have gangs and crime, they just don't have guns everywhere.

They don't have a minority segment that commits violent crime at seven times the rate as the general population.

Funny how the last several mass shootings including this one have involved mostly lunatic white guys.

Sorry Home - but the "minority segment" talking point ain't gonna fly.

nikolascruz_83018313.jpg

"If you see a nude guy walking around this morning call the police department," Don Aaron of the Metro Police Department told WTVF.
You mean the police had to tell you to call the police If you see a nude guy walking around this morning?
Does that mean on other mornings if you see a naked man walking around you do not have to call the police?

Why is it Liberals think there's such a thing as a perfectly safe society?

Why is it people like ShitForBrains357 can't understand that when citizens are well armed, freedom flourishes?

Why is it people like ShitForBrains357 totally ignore what just happened to our neighbors to the South in Venezuela?

Why is it people like ShitForBrains357 and all the other hoplophobes won't address the REAL issue of Leftist Mental Illness?

Why is it that people like ShitForBrains357 are living rent-free in your head? :)

Once he disarmed the gunman ... There would be no legal reason to shoot him.

If he had surrendered, but he ran off. If someone had shot him, they would be getting a medal and a key to the city.
We have a police force and justice system for that. We do not need vigilante justice.

I hear Waffle Houses are THE place in the south--where the whole jumble of humanity washes up in the dead of night for refueling.

Yep, I've never been to an IHOP, Waffle House, or any other sloppery at 3 AM when at least 75% of the patrons weren't drunk.

Perhaps I will open an NRA-approved wafflery catering to drunks with guns ---

Or Not :rolleyes:

AS USUAL....the Left finds it to "UnComfortable" to address the REAL and UNDERLYING causes of violence...so they blame objects....
Additionally, since they crave huge, oppressive, Authoritarian government (because they lack the ability to think for themselves or control themselves), and since guns represent the means to prevent said Authoritarianism, ....

Here's a great synopsis.....

SOURCE:
https://www.quora.com/If-guns-dont-...-then-why-should-we-allow-people-to-have-guns
If "guns don't kill people; people kill people," then why should we allow people to have guns?
100+ Answers

Chelsea Meissner

Answered 138w ago · Author has 5.3k answers and 7.5m answer views
Well, frankly, because people kill people. There have been stories after China and Japan in the last few years who have experienced mass stabbing events in both public places and schools. Gun laws there are strict, but if you're in the extremely small fraction of people with mental illness who become violent and you intend to kill someone (or even several people), you're going to figure out a way to do it. They already cracked down on guns, so they have less gun violence...but what are you going to do next? Crack down on kitchen knives?

My answer to gun control debates is Why are you so insistent on treating symptoms rather than trying to target the cause? If you look at the mass shootings that have occurred during Obama's presidency alone (and the numbers are staggering), you'll find that it is a lot of young men with mental illness. In many cases (in fact, I'd argue in most cases), other people knew that this individual was violent or felt strongly that something bad was brewing, but due to the nature of the psychiatric system, there was literally nothing they could do to prevent the violence; all they could do was wait for the worst to happen.

By and large, gun violence is not a gun problem: It's a psych problem! However, the American people, and it would seem politicians in particular, find that talking about psychiatric issues is uncomfortable so they try to police the nation in other ways. We elect cowards, and we're surprised about what doesn't get addressed.
People with guns sure kill people faster than those that don't.

It sometimes appears that many of you are more concerned about the number of people killed, than the fact that people are killed. If this dude had just killed one or two people, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Forum List

Back