Waitress Receives A Penny For Her Services

Facts not in evidence. If i work a minimum wage job and want to eat out. Why should i have to leave a tip?
You don't, but you 'really' do.
All working class Americans are locked into the mindset that says you must contribute to the restaurant owner's shirked responsibility to provide a fair working wage.

And in their hearts they know that if they don't tip generously then the waitress's children will go hungry again tomorrow.

The 1% can at least be said to have created 'big hearted' tippers!

I tip for good service. The better the service, the better the tip. I have tipped 100% for outstanding service.

Needless to say, when my wife and I go to a restaraunt we are treated accordingly.

Yep.
When we go to our favorite Cajun joint they have our drinks on the table before we sit down.
Our average bill is $150 to $200 and we give at least 30%

Cheapskates - Like THESE guys? :)

I have to take an isolated story as fact? hardly
Not like she just couldn't have been another AOC bashing Trump.
So many yarns have been created about Trump, probably just another.

Yep.
When we go to our favorite Cajun joint they have our drinks on the table before we sit down.
Our average bill is $150 to $200 and we give at least 30%
Or...the favorite Mexican place that has the pitcher of Texas margaritas on the table when they hear my truck pull up outside. Always take care of the folks who serve you so happily and wonderfully.

I disagree 100%.
It all depends on the job, Doc.

Hey, how did that surgery go?
Oh thanks for asking! My surgeon was a freaking magician. The afternoon after I was released I walked several blocks. ZERO pain so I've needed none of the painkillers he prescribed.

This morning I took off the bandaging. Maybe a TINY amount of swelling and mild bruising. A thin piece of tape covers the two incisions. Other than that, nothing and I'm not waking up every hour because I fall asleep in a bad position and wake up throbbing.

Maybe a tiny amount of soreness, but no pain for the first time in seven months. AMAZING! :D

Or...the favorite Mexican place that has the pitcher of Texas margaritas on the table when they hear my truck pull up outside. Always take care of the folks who serve you so happily and wonderfully.

When it's crawfish season our waiter makes sure we get the jumbo crawfish and none of the little pissant ones.

Oh thanks for asking! My surgeon was a freaking magician. The afternoon after I was released I walked several blocks. ZERO pain so I've needed none of the painkillers he prescribed.

This morning I took off the bandaging. Maybe a TINY amount of swelling and mild bruising. A thin piece of tape covers the two incisions. Other than that, nothing and I'm not waking up every hour because I fall asleep in a bad position and wake up throbbing.

Maybe a tiny amount of soreness, but no pain for the first time in seven months. AMAZING! :D
Glad to hear this, the surgeries have come a long ways from the 6-8 inch scars.

I tip based on service. If they suck,, i will leave a penny just as a slap in the face. Dont be a bitch when you work in customer service :dunno:

I only tip at smaller non chain places I go to often. Because I have know them for decades going in there and they treat me really well. The rest I don't.

It's that expectation that I am supposed to pay full price for a meal, and on top of that pay even more for someone who carried it out to me I don't like.

And worse yet I am supposed to pay a percent of it. So someone carries out a ice tea and a burger I pay a small percent, next time they carry out a steak and a beer and I am supposed to pay more because the meal cost more despite the fact the waitress did the exact same amount work in both scenarios? "Pay more for your meal so pay a bigger tip", fuck that.

I also hate how they try to badger you about tips. The bill has recommended tips on it, at the register they ask if you want to leave a tip, waitresses walk around with 20s sticking out of bill pouch so you see it, when you sign the credit card thing it asks if you want to leave a tip, they have a second tip jar at the register and so on.

Most restaurants are too expensive and too impersonal anymore anyway. Food gets more generic, prices get higher and they are too impersonal. Soon as you sit down they want to take your order before you even have a drink, and come back constantly bugging you till you order then they are nowhere to be found once the food comes out then it's a rush to get you to pay.

No, I paid their wage when I bought the meal. It's not my fault the restaraunt doesn't give them more.

Which is how much?

Kinda depends on where one lives. But in a place like NYC 20 bucks. In a place like Idaho 10. There hasn't been a federal increase since 2009. Time to add at least 50% to the $7.25 and let the states decide what they want to do beyond that.

IOW, it'd be impossible for the feds to dictate based on cost of living.

I only tip at smaller non chain places I go to often. Because I have know them for decades going in there and they treat me really well. The rest I don't.

It's that expectation that I am supposed to pay full price for a meal, and on top of that pay even more for someone who carried it out to me I don't like.

And worse yet I am supposed to pay a percent of it. So someone carries out a ice tea and a burger I pay a small percent, next time they carry out a steak and a beer and I am supposed to pay more because the meal cost more despite the fact the waitress did the exact same amount work in both scenarios? "Pay more for your meal so pay a bigger tip", fuck that.

I also hate how they try to badger you about tips. The bill has recommended tips on it, at the register they ask if you want to leave a tip, waitresses walk around with 20s sticking out of bill pouch so you see it, when you sign the credit card thing it asks if you want to leave a tip, they have a second tip jar at the register and so on.

Most restaurants are too expensive and too impersonal anymore anyway. Food gets more generic, prices get higher and they are too impersonal. Soon as you sit down they want to take your order before you even have a drink, and come back constantly bugging you till you order then they are nowhere to be found once the food comes out then it's a rush to get you to pay.

No, I paid their wage when I bought the meal. It's not my fault the restaraunt doesn't give them more.
Wow! You really thought this through. :smoke:

I have to take an isolated story as fact? hardly
Not like she just couldn't have been another AOC bashing Trump.
So many yarns have been created about Trump, probably just another.
So anecdotal evidence no longer works around here? Okay - I'll remember that next time someone cites Joe Rogan as evidence that horsey dewormer works on the COVIDS! ;)

Last edited:

You have a point about some of the overpriced places, I also hate to pay for a corking fee when I try to bring my own wine just to save a few bucks when I do go to a fancier place. And I agree about taking care of the more frequent non chain, favorite places I frequent, they get the bigger tips all the time.

Forum List

Back