Wal Mart workers filing injuction

• Banned
The moment the owners decided to...
Nice avoiding of the question...Wal Mart is lying....They are targeting employees who rightfully want to unionize. Why the other 4 stores then? Wal Mart was already spanked in Canada due to their targeting workers rights.

An instance where Walmart's most attractive option might be to bulldoze the store and turn it into a public park with a little pond and bike paths.

It would be a peaceful place because liberals would shun it.
You know so much, I should let you pick out my socks..

• Banned
An instance where Walmart's most attractive option might be to bulldoze the store and turn it into a public park with a little pond and bike paths.

It would be a peaceful place because liberals would shun it.
Be a bad idea....Target or K Mart or Costco could just occupy it then....push Wal Mart out of that town for good....

Nice avoiding of the question...Wal Mart is lying....They are targeting employees who rightfully want to unionize. Why the other 4 stores then? Wal Mart was already spanked in Canada due to their targeting workers rights.
They announced plans to close down 2,000 stores and eliminate a layer of management...

No idea what the inside of a WalMart looks like. I did hear it smells tho.
Depends...some smell fine...some I refuse to go into
They announced plans to close down 2,000 stores and eliminate a layer of management...
Why? Are they losing business to companies that actually pay good wages?

No idea what the inside of a WalMart looks like. I did hear it smells tho.
Depends...some smell fine...some I refuse to go into
Why? Are they losing business to companies that actually pay good wages?
Ask Wal Mart or read the finance news....

Target moved out of Canada altogether, they must have got spanked hard!

If Walmart wants to shut down their stores, I have no problem with that at all it will funnel business to the mom and pops.

Be a bad idea....Target or K Mart or Costco could just occupy it then....push Wal Mart out of that town for good....

Actually no.

In order to build another store someone would have to buy the site. If Walmart so desired it could offer the site to the city as a pre-built park with a deed restriction under which any other use would cause it to revert to Walmart. What liberal could ever refuse a free anything? Especially if it were "green"! Legal in most states. I recently saw an ancient high school rehabilitated by a city because, had they even closed it, the very valuable site (which had been donated through a will) would revert ot the other heirs.

Or, depending on zoning, Walmart might elect to sell cheap to a developer to throw up very low cost living quarters...cheap 4-bedroom houses, maybe apartments, stuff that woudl cost far more in school requirements than would be brought in through taxes.

At the end of the day Walmart could, if it choose, build another store across a city or county line nearby but why would they do that?

The mom and pops can go back to selling overpriced expired goods and give the same nasty service they used to. A better benefit of mom and pops is that they don't hire many people.

Let's see 5 stores employed 2200 people. Would 5 mom and pops hire 2200 people?

The mom and pops can go back to selling overpriced expired goods and give the same nasty service they used to. A better benefit of mom and pops is that they don't hire many people.

Let's see 5 stores employed 2200 people. Would 5 mom and pops hire 2200 people?

I like the mom and pops, you would need a lot more than five mom and pops to cover everything that Walmart sells.

The "black Friday" stores got hit NOT for unions but because THOSE employees REFUSED to work. SCREW EM!

Forum List

Back