Wal Mart workers filing injuction

An instance where Walmart's most attractive option might be to bulldoze the store and turn it into a public park with a little pond and bike paths.

It would be a peaceful place because liberals would shun it.
Be a bad idea....Target or K Mart or Costco could just occupy it then....push Wal Mart out of that town for good....
Not unless Walmart sells the property.....Unlike other retailers Walmart owns all of its real estate. Smart move. Keeps the morons off their backs

No idea what the inside of a WalMart looks like. I did hear it smells tho.
Depends...some smell fine...some I refuse to go into
The moment the owners decided to...
Nice avoiding of the question...Wal Mart is lying....They are targeting employees who rightfully want to unionize. Why the other 4 stores then? Wal Mart was already spanked in Canada due to their targeting workers rights.
They announced plans to close down 2,000 stores and eliminate a layer of management...
Why? Are they losing business to companies that actually pay good wages?
Hey genius. The retail business is notorious for lower pay scales.
What would you like to do? Shut the whole God Damned industry down?.....
Your "workers unite" drum beating is mainly stupid.
You dumb ass pro union people are a miracle. You'd fgoas far as to shut down businesses that at the end of the day, did not exist, your precious union bosses would have no one to terrorize and coerce into these so called "negotiations"....
Here's a newsflash. A union has never negotiated with a business. The entire process was always at the point of a figurative gun.....The union would basically tell the business owner, "you will use our workers or we will shut you down"....Well that shit don't fly any more. Unions no longer have any clout.
Unions are fighting a losing battle for survival. They are no longer needed.
Now, is there is anything else you'd like to discuss...?

Nice avoiding of the question...Wal Mart is lying....They are targeting employees who rightfully want to unionize. Why the other 4 stores then? Wal Mart was already spanked in Canada due to their targeting workers rights.
The "black Friday" stores got hit NOT for unions but because THOSE employees REFUSED to work. SCREW EM!
Oh shut up....From where do you people get this bullshit..

It's their store.

Wal-Mart can close it anytime it likes, for whatever reason strikes its fancy at the moment, right?

MEH.

They were talking about Wal-Mart targeting protestors.
Pfft ... More like the protestors stuck targets all over their backs and are whining about getting shot.

The can file for injunction until they're blue in the face, but...

What would such an injunction say?

"Wal-Mart, you cannot close?"

Hell, they're closed ALREADY, aren't they?

It's a fait accompli.

A little like locking the barn doors after the horses have run away.
Walmart is no dummy. They did the same thing in Canada when union thugs tried to take them to court. They closed their Canadian locations and scrapped plans to open any new ones.
I'm sure Canadians were just crushed!
They announced plans to close down 2,000 stores and eliminate a layer of management...
You dumb ass pro union people are a miracle. You'd fgoas far as to shut down businesses that at the end of the day, did not exist, your precious union bosses would have no one to terrorize and coerce into these so called "negotiations"....
Here's a newsflash. A union has never negotiated with a business. The entire process was always at the point of a figurative gun.....The union would basically tell the business owner, "you will use our workers or we will shut you down"....Well that shit don't fly any more. Unions no longer have any clout.
That's entirely up to Wal Mart. They wouldn't be scared of their workers unionizing if they were paying decent wages. The end game is entirely up to Wal Mart. Let them unionize or eventually get chased out of the US....5 stores how many more to go in the US?

And new evidence that the millenials aren't choosing union jobs bodes ill for unions. Freedom works and when people are free to choose, they do not choose unions.

The "black Friday" stores got hit NOT for unions but because THOSE employees REFUSED to work. SCREW EM!
Woah! Easy there. He's on our side.

Walmart denies claims it targeted wage protestors with store closings - Yahoo Finance

Good for them. Has anyone seen the video of inside the store in California? Since when does it require to block the entire view of the store to do plumbing work?
The block off stores to keep down vandalism and squatters.
They had cops there to protect against that. They blocked the INSIDE of the store off
Yeah screw them sorry bastards that want better wages and job safety! The fact you support a piece of garbage like Cruz tells me all I need to know about you.

Yes, the smell of capitalism.
Slave labor and low wages? No wonder it stinks.
Hey sunshine...A slave makes NO wages. Therefore the term "slave wages" is not valid.
Stop your complaining....
Or....No wait ...i get it now....You are one of these no skill workers who instead of learning a trade or getting other schooling want to learn NOTHING new and expect to be paid more just because..let's see....You have kids....no...You have rent...No.....You have a boat......Oh wait..your spouse cannot work due to recurring migraine headaches and has not had their SSI Disability hearing quite yet....

Woah! Easy there. He's on our side.
I may have misunderstood his post

Makes me wonder why all the masters in here are pissed the slaves have decided its time to reevaluate the relationship and wages...do any of you work for Wal Mart? If not why should u care...if you make enough money then fuck off....or is it because you love that cheap chinese garbage made by slaves overseas and are afraid that what fox "news" says is true and prices will go up....damn greedy workers how dare they want better pay so they don't starve!

Makes me wonder why all the masters in here are pissed the slaves have decided its time to reevaluate the relationship and wages...do any of you work for Wal Mart? If not why should u care...if you make enough money then fuck off....or is it because you love that cheap chinese garbage made by slaves overseas and are afraid that what fox "news" says is true and prices will go up....damn greedy workers how dare they want better pay so they don't starve!
Funny thing is, I've had jobs ranging from minimum wage to middle class wages and my evil, greedy bosses always paid me exactly what I agreed to. Only in the Leftisphere are workers being screwed by a wage they consented to.

Last edited:
It's their store.

Wal-Mart can close it anytime it likes, for whatever reason strikes its fancy at the moment, right?

MEH.

Pfft ... More like the protestors stuck targets all over their backs and are whining about getting shot.

It's a fait accompli.

Walmart is no dummy. They did the same thing in Canada when union thugs tried to take them to court. They closed their Canadian locations and scrapped plans to open any new ones.
That's entirely up to Wal Mart. They wouldn't be scared of their workers unionizing if they were paying decent wages. The end game is entirely up to Wal Mart. Let them unionize or eventually get chased out of the US....5 stores how many more to go in the US?
Have you lost whatever grip you had on reality?
I don't think I am going out on a limb by saying Walmart will not be allowing union thugs to darken their doorways any time soon....Like for a very long time....
Look..Unions are done. They are on their way to becoming a chapter in a high school history textbook

Target moved out of Canada altogether, they must have got spanked hard!

If Walmart wants to shut down their stores, I have no problem with that at all it will funnel business to the mom and pops.
Who pay even lower wages and have zero benefits.

Not going to dispute that. But I like the mom and pops, always have, always will.
So do I. However, its not justification for shutting down a business that brings substantial savings to the lower income people of any area.

I'm not justifying it, I'm saying if they want to go, they are free todo so. I have no issue if a store can't afford to stay open, it's Walmart's business.

Bitter? If Walmart wants to close a store, so be it. If they want to open a store, good for them. Doesn't matter to me, I don't shop Walmart, I don't care who or if they hire plumbers. To you if they don't hire a plumber, you get pissed. If they shut the store down, you get pissed. If they stay open you get pissed. Make up your damn mind. You got nothing and so you jump all over the place.

It's their store.

MEH.

It's a fait accompli.

According to the obligatory Wiki quickie-lookup...

Wal-Mart has 11,500-ish locations, worldwide, with the vast majority in the US... let's say 10,000 locations in the US, as a made-up baseline.

Wal-Mart employs 2.2 million people, worldwide, with the vast majority in the US...let's say 2,000,000 employees in the US, as a made-up baseline.

Wal-Mart brings-in a gross of $450,000,000,000 annually worldwide... half a TRILLION... let's say, oh, $400,000,000,000 ($400 billion) in the US, as a made-up baseline.

They have a larger annual gross than a lot of COUNTRIES...

Hell, they even employ more people than live in a variety of small COUNTRIES...

They have more retail locations than most governments worldwide have offices and facilities within their own borders, fer Crissakes...

Do you honest-to-God believe that they're eventually going to get chased out of the US?

I mean, really, honest-to-God, fer-real, yer serious?

Please tell us you're joking.

Wal-Mart doesn't sweat you and I... hell, they don't sweat most Gubmints (local, county, and even State in many cases)...

The Feds are the only ones capable of taking them on, and the Whorehouses in Washington fall all over each other in their eagerness to 'accommodate' Wal-Mart and its huge war-chest...

And what would happen if Wal-Mart collapsed?

One very huge conduit for cheap Chinese and Indian slave-labor goods would be closed, but another would materialize or expand to fill the vacuum quickly enough.

And 2,000,000 people... two goddamned million !!! ... would be unemployed.

Not to mention the VAST number of local-yokel townie and county and even State Gubmints suddenly faced with the lost of TONS of retail sales tax-revenues.

Somehow, I doubt that we're going to see the end of what LibProgs think of as the Evil Empire (Wal-Mart) anytime soon...

They're big enough where they really don't HAVE to sweat the unions, which, nowadays, are limp-wristed and impotent ghostly echoes of their former glory and strength.

They're big enough to arbitrarily close any goddamned store(s) they want, for any goddamned reason(s) that strike their fancy, at any time they like.

Nobody is going to stop them.

Certainly not a rag-tag gaggle of pissant LibProgs or some decrepit, tired old labor union that hasn't had a substantive victory on behalf of Labor in decades.

The time of the Labor Union has come and gone... the idea has gone fallow... shelved, awaiting another time of great need, which this does not seem to be.

But you keep right on believing that LibProgs and Organized Labor are going to stick it to Wal-Mart.

Who knows... there's always a ghost of a chance that you'll succeed... and even many of those laughing at you now will become startled, and applaud, and laugh, if you do.

But, in the meantime, you'll forgive the rest of us, for snickering at the infantile machinations being utilized to-date, in a pathetic and doomed assault on The Colossus.

The Colossus can be brought down, of course, but I seriously doubt that the current crop of LibProgs and the POS(es) that pass for Unions nowadays, are up to the challenge.

Rotsa ruck, there, Sparky.

====================================

Wal-Mart's likely private 'take' on all this?

"
We don't care. <snort> We don't have to. <snicker> We're Wal-Mart."

AN-EVENING-OF-CLASSIC-LILY-TOMLIN-Ernestine.jpg

A blast from the past, for those of you old enough to remember...
wink_smile.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back