Wal Mart workers filing injuction

No idea what the inside of a WalMart looks like. I did hear it smells tho.
Depends...some smell fine...some I refuse to go into
The moment the owners decided to...
Nice avoiding of the question...Wal Mart is lying....They are targeting employees who rightfully want to unionize. Why the other 4 stores then? Wal Mart was already spanked in Canada due to their targeting workers rights.
They announced plans to close down 2,000 stores and eliminate a layer of management...
Why? Are they losing business to companies that actually pay good wages?

And that is the solution to the Wal Mart issue....if they don't like the pay....they can go to another store.......problem solved....or...........they build their own super chain of stores and pay what they think their employees should get.....

Walmart denies claims it targeted wage protestors with store closings - Yahoo Finance

Good for them. Has anyone seen the video of inside the store in California? Since when does it require to block the entire view of the store to do plumbing work?

What if they did target wage protestors for store closings? Is that illegal?
Sounds like discrimination to me.

Indeed, I discriminated against Ford when I bought a Chevy. An employer discriminates against the high school grad for a college grad. However, both these forms of discrimination are legal. Of course it would be discrimination if they shut down a Wal-Mart. If they had kept the Wal-Mart open and shut down another Wal-Mart elsewhere they would have discriminated against an alternative location. Would they not? The question is whether it is legal to shut down a Wal-Mart because workers are protesting. I think it's perfectly legal. The workers do not own the business and Wal-mart can pretty much shut down one of their stores for any reason they deem necessary just as they can choose to open one for whatever reason they deem necessary. Those workers are not entitled to the jobs they preform for Wal-Mart. The only legal obligation Wal-Mart has with regard to store openings/closings and profitability is to the shareholders, not the workers.

Funny that the left protests Wal-Mart when they open a store in a neighborhood and then protests louder when they choose to move away. Such a double standard proves the irrationality of the left.

The next step of the left's war on freedom.....you should have to supply a written answer as to why you hire the people you hire to do things on your property.....for example....your house...you need a sink fixed.........why shouldn't you have to prove you hired the plumber you hired on a fair and non discriminatory basis......you should have to go to your local village government and get a form and fill out why you chose the plumber.......to prove you didn't discriminate....

That would just be peachy....wouldn't it.......?

Nice avoiding of the question...Wal Mart is lying....They are targeting employees who rightfully want to unionize. Why the other 4 stores then? Wal Mart was already spanked in Canada due to their targeting workers rights.

Target moved out of Canada altogether, they must have got spanked hard!

If Walmart wants to shut down their stores, I have no problem with that at all it will funnel business to the mom and pops.
Who pay even lower wages and have zero benefits.

Not going to dispute that. But I like the mom and pops, always have, always will.
So do I. However, its not justification for shutting down a business that brings substantial savings to the lower income people of any area.

They announced plans to close down 2,000 stores and eliminate a layer of management...

And that is the solution to the Wal Mart issue....if they don't like the pay....they can go to another store.......problem solved....or...........they build their own super chain of stores and pay what they think their employees should get.....
They can go to another store? It's not that easy when many people are laid off at once in a particular area, LOL. Build your own super chain? It's really that fucking easy.

They can go to another store? It's not that easy when many people are laid off at once in a particular area, LOL. Build your own super chain? It's really that fucking easy.

Of course it isn't easy....it is a lot easier to get men with guns to force Wal Mart to pay what you want...right?

Every arm chair marxist knows that all Wal Mart has to do is just pay, and pay and pay......and they know exactly how to run a business the size and scale of Wal Mart and make it successful....all from their home computer.....

Of course it isn't easy....it is a lot easier to get men with guns to force Wal Mart to pay what you want...right?

Every arm chair marxist knows that all Wal Mart has to do is just pay, and pay and pay......and they know exactly how to run a business the size and scale of Wal Mart and make it successful....all from their home computer.....
When did I claim that? You fail to understand Marxism, as just demonstrated, please, examine my signature.

If Walmart wants to shut down their stores, I have no problem with that at all it will funnel business to the mom and pops.

Not going to dispute that. But I like the mom and pops, always have, always will.
So do I. However, its not justification for shutting down a business that brings substantial savings to the lower income people of any area.
A business ANY business does NOT have to show ANYBODY ANY reason for closing. That IS the owners PERSONAL freedom of choice.

When did I claim that? You fail to understand Marxism, as just demonstrated, please, examine my signature.

I think every Marxist in history to include Marx himself failed to understand Marxism.

A business ANY business does NOT have to show ANYBODY ANY reason for closing. That IS the owners PERSONAL freedom of choice.

Don't use the word "freedom" around a Marxist. They neither know what that entails nor do they think of it the same way you do.

I think every Marxist in history to include Marx himself failed to understand Marxism.
It's not hard to understand.. If you truly want to know more, check here:
Beginners Guide to Marxism by Marxists Internet Archive 2009

College Educated liberal arts major here. If you think I got a graduate degree without being forced to read Marx from a bunch of Marxist professors you are sadly mistaken.

Don't need to...the beginners guide to marxism is written in the mass graves in Russia, China, Cambodia, Cuba.........

Don't use the word "freedom" around a Marxist. They neither know what that entails nor do they think of it the same way you do.

Don't need to...the beginners guide to marxism is written in the mass graves in Russia, China, Cambodia, Cuba.........
Oh for the love of...

College Educated liberal arts major here. If you think I got a graduate degree without being forced to read Marx from a bunch of Marxist professors you are sadly mistaken.

Dittos here....in fact....I had that asshole bill ayers, the domestic terrorist bomber and personal friend of obama.....you know if obama had his own personal tim mcveigh.....give a lecture to one of my history classes....what a smug asshole.....

Not many marxist professors around these days, unfortunately.

Oh for the love of...

you can't get past 100 million murdered people....in the name of marxist communism.........but somehow you fools do it.....

Not many marxist professors around these days, unfortunately.

You would be greatly surprised. Indeed you would be convinced if I gave you the name of the college I got my undergraduate degree from. But I have a thing about putting too much information out there about myself.

Dittos here....in fact....I had that asshole bill ayers, the domestic terrorist bomber and personal friend of obama.....you know if obama had his own personal tim mcveigh.....give a lecture to one of my history classes....what a smug asshole.....

Marx is the number one philosopher taught in University's now days. Full departments are centered around his school of thought.

Oh for the love of...

you can't get past 100 million murdered people....in the name of marxist communism.........but somehow you fools do it.....
If I use the same standard you use to count deaths due to "marxist communism," you can't get past the hundreds of millions dead due to capitalism.

Marx is the number one philosopher taught in University's now days. Full departments are centered around his school of thought.
I seriously doubt that, show me some evidence, I can't find anything on it.

Forum List

Back