Walker cuts $300 million from university budget then gives $200 million to the NBA

Wisconsin gets $1.68 in federal funds for every $1 they put in....thats alot of free stuff

States Most Least Dependent on the Federal Government WalletHub

Walker is the worst governor ever
Let's be clear... the federal government spends more than it takes in ... right? Are you blaming the good governor for the federal government's bad spending habits?

ROFL

No, actually I am blaming freeloader states like Wisconsin led by their failed Gov Walker

Let's be clear... the federal government spends more than it takes in. And you blaming the good governor for the federal government's bad spending habits.
I am blaming the Governor of a freeloading state

Worst Governor ever
You are blaming the republican governor of a democrat state that elected Obama for federal spending authorized by Obama, not the republican governor, right? Are you actually trying to say democrats are freeloaders? Were these democrats that voted for the republican governor freeloaders before they voted for the republican governor, or after they voted for the republican governor?
They vote blue in presidential elections, red in state elections

They are governed by the worst governor in history

Let's be clear... the federal government spends more than it takes in ... right? Are you blaming the good governor for the federal government's bad spending habits?

ROFL

No, actually I am blaming freeloader states like Wisconsin led by their failed Gov Walker

Let's be clear... the federal government spends more than it takes in. And you blaming the good governor for the federal government's bad spending habits.

Worst Governor ever
You are blaming the republican governor of a democrat state that elected Obama for federal spending authorized by Obama, not the republican governor, right? Are you actually trying to say democrats are freeloaders? Were these democrats that voted for the republican governor freeloaders before they voted for the republican governor, or after they voted for the republican governor?

even worse than Grey Davis was out here?....

Worst Governor ever

Nope

Walker is the worst of all time

Worst Governor ever

Nope

Walker is the worst of all time
really?....unlike walker,davis was usurped by many of his own people........and they ran the guy out of politics,thats pretty bad RW.....

ROFL

Worst Governor ever

Yeah... and you are claiming the red vote is bad because the blue vote has bad spending habits and does not believe in paying it's bills. Surely you can see how silly this sounds. Surely you are not demanding one state get higher federal tax rates than another state? Don't get me wrong, I like it.

Worst Governor ever

Yeah... and you are claiming the red vote is bad because the blue vote has bad spending habits and does not believe in paying it's bills. Surely you can see how silly this sounds. Surely you are not demanding one state get higher federal tax rates than another state? Don't get me wrong, I like it.
Their failed governor has set them up to be a welfare state

And don't call me Shirley

Worst Governor ever

What did he do to set them up to be a welfare state :-|

When I went to college 35 years ago, most students went for serious degrees
When my son went a few years ago, most students went for serious degrees

The idea that college students are only interested in frivolous degrees is a rightwing fantasy

Which isn't what I said, but okay.

I can't agree with you more.

I don't know anyone who has a worthless degree such as art history or liberal arts. I graduated from college in 1982. At that time people weren't interested in such worthless degrees. Only those who couldn't handle a class load of real classes got degrees in such worthless programs as art history. At the time we called classes like that advanced clock watching and basket weaving.

College should be available and affordable for anyone who wants to go. No, not all people are meant for college and no, not everyone wants to go to college.

No, what we need to do is

1) Make High School diploma's worth while again. when 20% of HS Graduates can't read their diplomas and employers want college degrees for jobs that really don't require them because a HS Degree is meaningless, then you aren't going to fix the problem by handing out meaningless B.A. and B.S. degrees.

So not surprising, you get this... not a lot of degrees for engineers and science, just a lot of business and liberal arts courses to prove you can actually read.

degrees.png

2) Have the colleges be transparent on their finances. Now, when I went to college at UIC in the 1980's, It cost about $1800 a year in 1985- tuition and fees. That would be about $4000 in today's money. Checking on the Website of my Alma Mater, (which keeps hitting me up to contribute to the alumni association) it currently costs about $17,000 a year. What the fuck is that based on?

In my experience I chose business administration as my major freshman year. The university that I went to had a rule that in order to keep that as a major you had to maintain a 3.25 GPA in your core classes and a 3.00 GPA overall. I didn't meet the requirements, so I changed my major to psychology and had to take summer classes for two years just so I could graduate on time. I should have just dropped out. It was a waste of time and money. I felt compelled to get the the degree because I was told I needed it if I was going to have a future. Getting my degree was a waste of time and money.

There are plenty of jobs out there that could be done without the experience of college. Making people get degrees for jobs which shouldn't require them makes our workplace less competitive ultimately.
that's only partially true ,most non degree needed jobs don't pay a living wage. Or they require actual labor .
there are heavy equipment companies in the us that train...and the pay is better than good so are the benefits BUT most Americans will not take them because they might get their hands dirty.
fun fact: college grads make about million dollars more in their life than non college grads

Lifetime Earnings Soar with Education

The point is is many of these jobs that require degrees shouldn't. Do you really think a cop should have to go to college? Our government and businesses are disqualifying people from jobs who may be worthy of consideration. They have made it so you have to have a degree, which is bad on many levels. The only benefactors are the schools and the government which is in bed with them.

Another thing I have to say is that just because you have a college degree doesn't mean you'll be assured of getting a job, in particular if you majored in something worthless. The market is over-saturated with people who have degrees, which is why there is a record number of college graduates still living with mommy and daddy. I know of a few entrepreneurial jobs, like a restate agent for example, which typically don't require degrees and people who don't have them tend to thrive.

We may not be spending money in the most efficient manner on education, but generally, more education is a good thing. Over the past 50 years, those with more education have experienced faster rates of income growth whereas those with less education have seen their incomes stagnate.

I would agree that in some jobs - a cop, for instance - it is not necessary to have a college degree. However, as we continue to transition to a knowledge-based economy, those who have more education will continue to do better than those with less.

Worst Governor ever

Free stuff

I can't agree with you more.

I don't know anyone who has a worthless degree such as art history or liberal arts. I graduated from college in 1982. At that time people weren't interested in such worthless degrees. Only those who couldn't handle a class load of real classes got degrees in such worthless programs as art history. At the time we called classes like that advanced clock watching and basket weaving.

College should be available and affordable for anyone who wants to go. No, not all people are meant for college and no, not everyone wants to go to college.

No, what we need to do is

1) Make High School diploma's worth while again. when 20% of HS Graduates can't read their diplomas and employers want college degrees for jobs that really don't require them because a HS Degree is meaningless, then you aren't going to fix the problem by handing out meaningless B.A. and B.S. degrees.

So not surprising, you get this... not a lot of degrees for engineers and science, just a lot of business and liberal arts courses to prove you can actually read.

degrees.png

2) Have the colleges be transparent on their finances. Now, when I went to college at UIC in the 1980's, It cost about $1800 a year in 1985- tuition and fees. That would be about $4000 in today's money. Checking on the Website of my Alma Mater, (which keeps hitting me up to contribute to the alumni association) it currently costs about $17,000 a year. What the fuck is that based on?
Govco made it easy for "everyone" to get a loan for a degree. Govco provides tons of tuition assistance. This is what happens when govco comes to the rescue by throwing borrowed money at something. Instead of colleges having to compete based on price, they had to compete based on posh surroundings. Why not overpay everyone at the college when the amount everyone has to pay is nearly unlimited. For the most part the price we pay for tuition is an oligopoly. We "have" to get a degree now to get most jobs... so the colleges have us over a barrel.

Free stuff
What free stuff did Walker introduce?

Free stuff

All the free stuff he gave to low information voters

The only reason they voted for Walker. You don't think he won on his charm do you?

Free stuff

The only reason they voted for Walker. You don't think he won on his charm do you?
What free stuff did Walker introduce to low information voters?

Free stuff

Walker did not give out Walker phones

His free stuff tends to go to billionaires in the form of taxpayer funded arenas that they can make more money without assuming any risk

While the right will bitch about some welfare family getting a free phone, they celebrate giving free stuff to billionaires to the tune of $220 million.....thats alot of Obamaphones

Nobody gives free stuff like conservatives

Free stuff

His free stuff tends to go to billionaires in the form of taxpayer funded arenas that they can make more money without assuming any risk

While the right will bitch about some welfare family getting a free phone, they celebrate giving free stuff to billionaires to the tune of $220 million.....thats alot of Obamaphones

Ok so Obama gives out Obama phones to low information voters and that's Walker's fault? Or are you bitching that Walker should have been handing out Walker phones to low information voters and because he didn't it's his fault they had to get the phones for free from Obama? Sorry, I'm trying to figure out how you are blaming Walker for the consumer funded phones that the low information voters are getting.

How many billionaire low information voters received taxpayer funded arenas that they can make more money on without assuming any risk? Why did the state decide to help build these new arenas? Are you actually saying governments should stay out of all construction projects? No "revitalization" investments whatsoever? Across the country? No incentives for any business? No shared costs with businesses to invest in a particular region? None? Works for me, let the inner cities rot in the hell they've made for themselves. But I'm surprised you are such a republican on this one.

Free stuff

Ok so Obama gives out Obama phones to low information voters and that's Walker's fault? Or are you bitching that Walker should have been handing out Walker phones to low information voters and because he didn't it's his fault they had to get the phones for free from Obama? Sorry, I'm trying to figure out how you are blaming Walker for the consumer funded phones that the low information voters are getting.

How many billionaire low information voters received taxpayer funded arenas that they can make more money on without assuming any risk? Why did the state decide to help build these new arenas? Are you actually saying governments should stay out of all construction projects? No "revitalization" investments whatsoever? Across the country? No incentives for any business? No shared costs with businesses to invest in a particular region? None? Works for me, let the inner cities rot in the hell they've made for themselves. But I'm surprised you are such a republican on this one.

Of course the government should not stay out of construction projects. Schools, libraries, infrastructure, parks
However, when the government uses taxpayer dollars to fund arenas so that billionaires can make no money and leave as soon as someone makes a better offer it amounts to.....Free Stuff for billionaires

It is what Conservatives do best

Tell you what, name the prize worthy peace stuff he did PRIOR to getting that award. Go ahead, we'll wait.

Looks like you can't read.......Barack Obama was honored for being the first black president of a racist United States

Apparently you missed the word "PEACE" in the name Nobel PEACE Prize. He did nothing for peace. You've been given several opportunities to tell us why he deserved the Prize, and have failed to deliver anything. Time to wrap this up. Obama didn't do anything to deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, and accomplished nothing else of note prior to being elected president. Next.

Sure he did

The Nobel committee considers racism as an impediment to peace. Hence the awards to MLK, Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Barack Obama

The award of a Nobel Prize to Obama was a nobrainer

"No brainer" is perhaps an appropriate choice of words when talking about the intellectual heft of the Nobel committee. They don't really have a stellar track record.

With the exception of Conservatives....the whole world begs to differ

Conservative Sour Grapes make the best Whine

You still have failed to produce one accomplishment Obama did that warranted earning the prize. Getting elected does not cut it.

Forum List

Back