Wanna feel REALLY old, REALLY fast? Watch this...

I don't use an alarm clock, but I still keep my account book updated. I use cash almost exclusively. Don't have a 'smart phone', ridiculously over-priced scams.
I get 3-5% back. So you pay 3-5% more on everything. How much do you spend in a year? $20,000? What’s 5% of that? $1000? This is why inflation is happening. So many Americans don’t care that they could save more. They don’t return bottles or fuck with coupons.

LOL

I used to live thru drive-thrus.
I can't afford it anymore. Hell, I can barely afford rent anymore.
This all u can eat Indian buffet is no longer all you can eat on weekdays. So instead of going for lunch during the week we go on weekends now.

I love how places give you bogo on a burger or chicken sandwich and they tell you one sandwich is $7.

LOL

I used to live thru drive-thrus.
I can't afford it anymore. Hell, I can barely afford rent anymore.

You are exercising good old American ABILITY and doing your own cooking, and from what I've read, doing it with some skill! You will survive when the refuse hits the oscillating ventilator, and those who rely on MickeyD's will be the first to starve.

Slightly off topic, I was having a conversation with a young friend of mine today which led us to the "Champagne Music" of Lawrence Welk, the big band musical variety show from 1951 to 1982. My friend had no idea who Lawrence Welk was and of course, when I brought up Welk's show on my computer, my friend was bored. Welk is a Midwest history lesson, and living in the Midwest again after spending my adult life of the West Coast, I cherish my own history as part of this culture.

I thought a lot this afternoon about those days and how glad I am that I had the Lennon Sisters as my role models, instead of some teacher who gets their rocks off by "transitioning" children too young to even know what gender is, with said teacher scoring points for each innocent little life they destroy.

As a young child I absolutely hated the Lawrence week show. He haw too.

Most food places don't have tip jars, or even waitresses.
Yes hey do. And it’s been bugging me. They hand me a tablet and it asks 20%, 15%,10% or other. I hit other, no tip then I tip them $2. Even if the bill is $100. I’m not giving 15% of pick up. $15? I’m no sucker. Thats my hard earned money. They’ve already jacked up the prices and portions smaller.

Good for you. Wise choice. There are no SJW brownie points to be had for appreciating American history.

Nostalgically I look back on them somewhat fondly but that music was lame. The country was lame and Lawrence wealk was certainly a square.

But I didn’t like soul train back then either. Or dion warwicks show. Or dance fever.

Then this weekly music show came on and played people like Billy Joel and john coguard mellincamp. That was the shit.

Elvis and the beatles changed the game of music. Lawrence well was music before them

Interestingly enough, since I have no smart phone, a lot of these delivery services won't deliver to me.

So. . . I have less pizza places that will deliver to me. I can't even get Little Ceasar's to deliver to me, b/c I don't have a smart device to use a delivery service and pay digitally.

:sigh2:
Don't worry - I am smart enough to use my I-phone 8, but I don't think that my Apple-phone is smart.
BTW - don't you have landlines in the USA anymore? in the worst case sccccg,.. sccccg,.. sccccg.... :D

Nostalgically I look back on them somewhat fondly but that music was lame. The country was lame and Lawrence wealk was certainly a square.

But I didn’t like soul train back then either. Or dion warwicks show. Or dance fever.

Then this weekly music show came on and played people like Billy Joel and john coguard mellincamp. That was the shit.

Elvis and the beatles changed the game of music. Lawrence well was music before them

So you have an opinion and you're not afraid to use it.

Thanks for dropping in to tell us how cool you are.

I saw a pay phone at a rest stop yesterday. I literally stopped and stared.

...then I laughed my ass off--as I noticed the phone was card only~
Did you check to see how much would end up going on a person's card when making one phone call?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The most that I remember a phone call being a was a quarter and dime.

So you have an opinion and you're not afraid to use it.

Thanks for dropping in to tell us how cool you are.

Not trying to be cool or a jerk. I’m not making fun of you for liking it.

I also hated Ted Kennedy. Growing up, tv wasn’t always kid friendly.. A lot of slow boring movies and lots of commercials.

Even shows like the 6 million dollar man or Hulk were 55 minutes boring and the last 5 minutes were great because the hulk came out. Or Steve Austin did some bionic shit.

Hated Love Boat and Fantasy Island. But they were the best thing on.

I generally don't dine in places that serve your food through a window, so yeah, I admit that I don't think about that much.

But yeah, lots of those windows do have tip jars. I just went through one with a friend and she put a dollar tip in the jar when she was served her $10 coffee drink. LOL!!!!!

Ridiculous right? But I’m a regular at some places and know the person so I give them a buck or two.

Some places I just hit no tip.

I get a $3 coffee. Why should I tip? The main lady even said something once I ignored her. I am not going to start paying $4 every time I go. Fuck her. She should have went to college. And Tim Horton needs to pay better. They charge enough

I never had a Facebook or Twitter account
I never used an Uber or ordered food delivered
I still use an IPhone 6.0
I still have cable
I have a 15 year old car
Used Uber the first time last year. It was actually extremally convenient.
I have an iPhone 7... barely missed the dreaded 4G cutoff.
I drive a 2006 Explorer with no plans to replace it till it becomes unreliable. I can afford payments on a new one... but consider that to be a sign of insanity.

Used Uber the first time last year. It was actually extremally convenient.
I have an iPhone 7... barely missed the dreaded 4G cutoff.
I drive a 2006 Explorer with no plans to replace it till it becomes unreliable. I can afford payments on a new one... but consider that to be a sign of insanity.
I’m going to buy my truck with 37,000 miles and hope to get 300,000

Yes hey do.

No, they don't. The majority of food places are fast food and buffets types. Their employees aren't tipped, and they aren't paid the $2 an hour waitpersons are supposed to work for in many states. Even Wally World serves takeout. No tip jars at any of these places.

That merely means they're charging higher fees to the sellers. They don't do anything for free; get that through your delusions about plastic and why they want to force everybody to use them.
Yes my controller hates people who pay with credit card. She wants me to give them 3% less of a discount.

It’s something that benefits us consumers not you corporations. You want to go all cash that’s your decision.

No, they don't. The majority of food places are fast food and buffets types. Their employees aren't tipped, and they aren't paid the $2 an hour waitpersons are supposed to work for in many states. Even Wally World serves takeout. No tip jars at any of these places.
I’ll pay attention. I see them in every establishment in metro detroit.

Forum List

Back